Greenwood, SC
Lander University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lander University

Candace

Lander Is basically based on fine arts, the classrooms are small giving you a better aim at talking to your professors one on one. I really like Lander, its the college for me.

During my college experience, I have learned to be more independent and I have learned to be a leader. I have learned how to make important decisions as well as make decisions on my own. Lander has been a valuable college to attend because the small classroom settings and the experienced professors has helped me learn as much as possible about my major; Business Management.

When I brag, I talk about how friendly everyone including the professors are. Its interesting how the professors put forth an effort to get to know you, its their way of finding out how you as an individual learn better.

jessica

If I could go back in time to where i was a senior in high school to give myself advice about college I would tell myself alot. First i would tell myself to keep my grades up. College is so tough and their grading scale is different then high school. So its easy for your grades to go down the drain. Second, I would tell myself to stay on top of my work and take advantage of the free tutors Lander University has to offer. It sucks failing class. I learnd the hard way not taking my first semester serious. I faild 3 classes. This brought my gpa way down and I got till the end of the summer to bring it up to keep my life scholarship. I was disapointed in myself, but this semester I am on top of my game. Third i would tell myself to dont fall under peer presure. I fell under this about going out knowing i had an early class the next morning, had homework, or other work to do. There are more thing I would tell myself but these are the main things I would tell myself to prepair me for college.

The best thing about Lander University is that the classes are small. Students can get one on one time with there teachers. Teachers are willing to take time to help you and so are the FREE tutors here too. Which is a big plus. Students here take advantage of it and so do I.

The worst thing at this school would be the drinking. Alot of the students here drink. Some times on and off campus. Its crazy how some people act.

Mya

If I could run into the Mya of the beginning my senior year of high school, I would grab a hold of her and say, "Take yourself more seriously! Find a school that you really want to attend; research it thoroughly, visit the campus if possible, and do everything that you can to get there." The problem that I encountered my senior year was that I didn't believe in myself enough, and I didn't want to ask for help in trying to find the right fit for college. I applied to an Ivy League college--which if I had puched myself more, I would have had a better shot at being accepted, or at least wait-listed--but I didn't get accepted. Because I put all of my hope into getting into this one place, I hadn't really thought much about any other colleges, so I had to scramble at the last minute to find a college, just so that I would be enrolled and attending one. I regret my decision so much, because I cut my potential short and settled on a college that only offered some of the qualities I wanted.

I wish that I had been on a tour of the Lander's campus before I started classes and looked more into the student organizations at Lander. All of my classes this year are in the same building, so I never get to see any other part of the campus besides the library or bookstore. There is much more to Lander that I haven't seen yet, and I would like to be an active student on campus.

The type of person who shouldn't attend Lander University would be someone who isn't technologically savvy, or someone who isn't aware of how big of factors the internet and computers play in school. Lander uses a web system called Blackboard, which allows students to give teachers their completed assignments through a system outside of email. Blackboard also helps cut down on the waste of paper, because almost everything for each class (course syllabi, assignment schedules, etc.) is online.

Jesse

I would consider my fellow classmates to be a little less interested in college than myself; most students in my classes are only there because they have to be, it reminds me of high school.

I believe everyone has yearned, at some point, to go back in time, and tell their younger selves what they should do to better prepare for the big question of what will life be like in the future. I can tell you that I have changed a lot in the past year not only has college shaped my view on life, but it has also revolutionized my attitude towards reaching my goals. If I were allowed the opputunity to jult back in time and give the younger me advice, it would be quite simple, "just be yourself, and stop sweating the future." I know that things will always work out if you want them to, that theory is called the law of attraction, and stressing over college did not get me any further. What did allow me to advance was being honest with myself and not allowing any single person on the face of this earth talk me down.

Lander University has a pretty small campus compared to most four year schools, it takes no longer then five minutes to go from class to class. I have only been attending Lander for two semesters and seem to have a good grasp on most of the professors, and faculty.

Justin

I would tell myself to continue at the path I was going but to focus on my priorities a little more. This would most likely have resulted in more money for school. I was and still am, making good grades. I have been on the Dean's list, All A's with 1 or 2 B's, every semester since I've been in college. But this lack of focus on my priorities has resulted in me attaining 2 $5,000 loans instead of the money that I could have gotten.

The small size. It helps to create a better learning experience. It allows for more one-on-one relationships between students and teachers in the classroom.

The location. There is really nothing to do during free time.

Rebecca

Dear Senior Becca, Heed my warning: start applying for scholarships now! You should probably also start putting some money from your two jobs away for tuition. School is ridiculously expensive and it's harder to get scholarships as you get older. Start getting situated and look into housing because it'll make it so much easier on you. Also, you should keep up with studying after you graduate. Do not stop learning things. It'll make it so much easier once you go to college if you keep your mind fresh on the subjects you're going to be studying. Get a job where you have to use your brain for calculations and such to keep your mind strong. I hope you actually listen to me because I know you're stubborn and think everything will work out on it's own, but stop procrastinating! Get on it now. Trust me. Love, Your Future Self

LaShunda

I would advise myself to be academically challenged, learn new study skills, and be consistent in my work. I would also tell myself to try new things and become active with the campus community because other people tend to root or your success as well as their own. Be yourself and become more responsibel for yourself and your education, after all, its not high school anymore. No one is going to baby you, they are only going to push you to do better.

I wish I had known that you have to actually study to make the grade you want.

We have professional teachers and a small campus which makes learning easier and more one-on-one.

Lindsey

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure to not worry as much as I did about the transition from high school to college. I would tell myself that there are hundreds of students in the same position, all trying to find friends and find a new home away from home, so there's really nothing to worry about. I would tell myself that although this wasn't the school I originally chose for myself, Lander is a great school with a close family atmosphere that will has an outstanding Nursing program which is the whole reason I'm going to school. I would tell myself to just go for it and make friends and talk to every person that I could talk to. I would make sure that I knew that choosing Lander was a great decision that would benefit me greatly in the long run.

Anyone looking for a close knit community with lots going on around campus. A person looking for a great education with help from each and every staff and faculty member, including the President of the University.

The most frustrating thing about Lander is the the fact that the buildings close at 11pm most nights. The library doesn't have great hours, even during exam week and leaves students to find their own place to study.

Melissa

This school is awesome with people that will help you with anything that you need and it is a beautiful campus in a great tow...

This school is awesome with people that will help you with anything that you need and it is a beautiful campus in a great town.

Lander University is best known for the soccer and academics. It has great professors and is and lots of courses to choose from.

Some advice that I would give my high school self is that college is totally different from high school. The professors expect more out of students and expect us to do the work and study. I think the one thing that I would empasize to my high school self is to change my study habits and not to procrastinate at all. Procrastination is so easy to do in college and it will get you behind quick. I would also tell myself to be more open and talk to others more because always being the quiet person is not always the best thing to do. I would tell myself to be open to meet new people and to learn to make new friends because every one else is most likely just as nervous as I am on the first day. I would also tell myself to just be myself because that is all that I could be.

Breanna

The school is located in a small town. There are not a lot of distractions and everything is within reach. The classes are small and professors are friendly.

If I knew what I know now I wouldv'e focused on my studies. I also wouldv'e spent more time preparing for the ACT. There were several colleges that I wanted to attend but couldn't get in because of their required GPA and ACT/SAT scores. When my mother was telling me to study more for exams, I shouldv'e listened to her. (Mother knows best) I worked an almost fulltime job my junior year of highschool and this affected my grades also. I also realized that the more College Prep or Advanced classes that you take, makes your academic record look good. I didn't start these classes until my Junior year of high school. Why??? I was afraid of failing the classes. I took them and to my surprise I did very well. The college that I chose to attend in the end, I feel was the best decision that I made. I am a quiet person and the schools' campus is small . I have made a smooth transition into college life. I have also learned better study habits and have learned from my high school year mistakes not to take them through my college life.

I can't say who should or shouldn't attend this school. However, people that I know that have attended and didn't like the school were people that didn't have getting an education on their mine. They came to party and since this is a small town they decided they didn't like it .

Lander University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.