Lander University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lander University

Zeadaria

The professors are great here and the students are nice. The food is better than your typical high school menu. Also, the restaurant on campus is awesome. However, there's nothing to do. The location of the school is terrible because after a while you get bored of the small city.

Kaitlynn

I'm a freshman at Lander. I was nervous to start, but after a week or two I really got the hang of things. The professors are caring and nice. They are usually available and willing to help you if you are struggling. The campus is small and so are the class sizes. The campus feels like home once you get settled.

Lander is a very small college. That drew me in because I have always grown up in small schools and wanted my college career to be the same. Because it is so small, it is very personable. The professors know all of their students and after some time on campus you start to see familiar faces. This is a huge bonus because in class you feel like you belong and your professors care, and it is easy to make friends/connections. The only downside of Lander is that is in a small town, far from bigger cities. There are not many shops or things to do outside of campus.

Brie

Sole

Overall, I love Lander. It's very peaceful and the professors actually want you to succeed throughout their courses. Also, there are students here who are friendly. They could not know you from a can of paint, but they will always offer to help you if help is needed.

Lander University is a beautiful school that keeps their students a top priority in academics and athletics. Pride is seen through the whole campus causing the school to be bright and colorful. Students are very polite and the administration is very nice and considerate for their student and other faculty members.

Makaylia

I love it !

Diamond

Lander is a great campus! It’s safe and there are just as many clubs and teams as there is academics. There is something for everyone. The small class sizes and friendly faculty and staff gives this campus a family vibe. I may not personally know everyone, but I have never felt like I’m near a stranger.

Kimberly

It's a small town college. Located in a close knit city. I loved the small class sizes, and how the professors know you by name.

Alexis

Lander is a good school academically. the people there are nice and friendly. The staff go out thier way to help the students succeed. I love lander.

I love Lander, and the minute I stepped foot on campus I knew I wanted to be here for the next 4 years of my life. The students are so polite and helpful, even to underclassmen. The professors are always around to help, and truly want us to succeed. The campus is small, but not too small. It is easy to get involved on campus, and make tons of friends.

francis

My opinion of Lander University would be that of school that cares for it's students like its their very own. class sizes are small so it encourages teachers to get very one on one with their students. The food is as if it were personally made for the taste buds of the eater. After having gone to The Citadel for my firs semester, I would have to say hands down I prefer Lander University.

Kerrigan

I believe that Lander University is a wonderful school that is interested in seeing all of its students grow and prosper, not only in class or their careers, but in life as well. I am positive that I made the right choice in choosing this school as the place to continue my educational career.

Andrenna

My overall opinion of Lander University is that I love it here. They have events for students to get involve with each other. They encourage friendship and diversity. It's a beautiful campus. Everyone are so nice and the food is absolutely amazing. The small population of Lander is what drawn me to apply to become a bearcat.

Oliver

As an international student, i have found it a very welcoming place with good facilities. It has made such a large change easier. The campus life and the campus itself has been very pleasing. Overall, i have been very pleased with Lander and look forward to pursuing my education here.

Overall, Lander University seems to be an amazing school and I cannot wait to attend there in August. The student, professor ratio is what really caught my eye, because Lander is a smaller school so the ratio is amazing. It is more than likely that your professors will know who you are and that will allow you to be able to have more one on one time with your professors if you have questions or anything like that.

Brianna

Lander University has a great environment full of amazing opportunities and home to a great education. The food is not great but the environment, the students, and the professors are what make Lander a great place to go to school. The campus is always well kept and beautiful throughout all seasons.

Kaisha

It is an okay school to come get your education.

Helena

I absolutely love Lander University. There is always something to do so that students do not get bored. I live in Centennial Hall, and it is so nice and clean. The teachers and staff are mostly super friendly and will help you in anyway that they can. There is no reason to fail a class at Lander because the teachers will help you and we have so many out of class resources (like the Academic Success Center). Other than academics, Lander is the best place to be when it comes to extracurricular activities. There are so many clubs and organizations to get involved with. There are multiple sports teams, as well as intramural sports teams to get involved with. The Greenwood community surrounding Lander is so great. Most places even offer student discounts (like Waffle House, if you wanted to know). Lander and Greenwood would be a perfect fit for anyone because there are so many different opportunities to get involved with.

Kirstyn

I love it here! The moment I stepped onto Lander's campus, I knew I was at home! I was afraid that once I got to college (as a first-generation college student) that I would be lost about what to do, but here, there is always someone to lend a hand and make sure you are on the right track!

Tyanna

Lander University is an amazing school, there are lots of clubs and organizations that you could be involved in on campus. Everyone is so nice and comes to you with open arms with anything you may need. Lander is exactly what I look for in a school and i recommend lots of people to come out at tour because it is worth it.

I am very happy being at Lander University. The campus is very small and easy to figure out, it does not take long to walk through the entire campus. The class size is also small, which provides you with a more personal connection to the professors. The professors are very knowledgable and are willing to meet with you and help you as needed. I feel this school sets you up for success in all they offer. The dorms are also very nice. They are spacious and provide students with the feeling of independent living without the responsibility of monthly bills. The overall feeling of being a student at Lander University is good and I would recommend this school to any looking for a good, small school.

Sally

Lander University is a great place. The people are nice, everything is pretty easy to find, and the professors are always willing to help. So far I have not had any bad experiences at Lander University. It is so easy to meet new people. I have highly recommended Lander University to a lot of people.

Lindsey

Lander University is an ideal school for those that like diversity and teacher one on one interaction. The University has many great attributes including sports, academics, and community support. There is always a way to get involved with these attributes and the school has a calendar that helps let you know what is going on around the school or community. Lander teachers are around constantly or never far away when a student needs help by email. Lander University is a school that students are happy at and know the teachers are there for them.

Cassie

Lander is an amazing college, everyone seems to be very nice and friendly. The food is good and reminds me of home. the students are very welcoming and seem to enjoy campus life. Lander is my top choice and I cant wait to further my education at this beautiful school.

Quennie

Visiting Lander was much more interesting than I thought it was gonna be. There were many activities happening during our visit. We also met with some pretty amazing staff who guided us around and explained to us what was happening and where things were. Overall a great, safe, quaint yet bustling University.

Brittney

Lander was a great learning environment while I attended the university. The main reason for my selection of Lander was the intimate classroom size. The classroom size provided me with one on one learning that was met my learning expectations. The professors were readily available to help when needed, some were willing to help during times their office hours were not available; just an email or phone call away. Although the town of Greenwood was very small there were many eatery places for ones entertainment. Very minimal activities other than the movies, bowling and a few shopping stores. With those activities being limited I was more focused got through college with great grades and graduated in the 4 years goal that I set for myself. I would definitely recommend Lander to any one who is serious about their education and don't mind being bored with studying most of their duration their. I also was apart of Lander Dance Company with offered me extracurricular activity while maintaining exceptional grades.

I am an incoming freshman and was solicited by several colleges and universities. Some had big names but never felt like home, when I visited Lander I loved the diversity and the atmosphere. Students were exciting, welcoming and out going! From the Greek Life, student organizations, housing accommodations exhibited the type of hospitality and soundness I am seeking. I am proud to be a future Bearcat.

Morgan

I am Going there this fall and It is amazing! Beautiful Campus and people as well. They are worried about you. You are not just a number! They will call you if miss class because you succeeding is important to them! They want to see individuals prosper and tap into their individual potential!

Deona

Heading into only my sophomore year and having had the opportunity to transfer into Lander University second semester freshmen year, I am able to compare Lander to the school I transferred from. Having this comparison makes me feel so blessed for the amazing opportunity to relocate. I LOVE LANDER UNIVERSITY!!!

Davida

I wouldn't want to be at any other school.

Zhiyi

I can't speak for everyone, but I am rather introverted so my experience might be different from the actual scene on campus and I find it to be about the same as my high school which was a private college prep school. If you're looking for a quiet sort of college life, then yes, I can recommend this school to you. I don't know how challenging you'll find the classes to be, but I am fond of my professors who are always willing to answer questions in class or when you drop by their offices. I'm just starting my sophomore year at the time of this review so I genuinely cannot tell you if you'll be challenged academically in a way that will satisfy you.

Aiyana

I been there for a tour and I stayed a week for cheerleading camp over the Summer and it was great. The campus is beautiful and very well kept. The food was wonderful and the dorms was just as I imagined. The staff was accessible and gave my mom and i their full attention. I plan to enroll at Lander University in the Fall of 2019.

Kadeisha

The first time that I was told about Lander University I couldn't stop researching it. They administration there gives you a lot to choose from even if you don't know what you're going to major in. As a junior in high school, I am very excited as it gets closer to my senior year because I want to make the right decision to apply for the school that I have been dreaming about.

Cameron

I myself don't attend Lander Univ. I would love too, that the entire reason I'm applying for this scholarship money. It would mean a lot to me if I were able to go, I have two cousins there that tell me all about it and they have mentioned to me that it would be a wonderful place to go and I cant wait to be there with them at such an amazing school.

kaitlyn

I absolutely love Lander University. The funny thing about my college experience is at first I wasn't even going to tour Lander but I am so glad that I did. I could not see myself going anywhere else. I always recommend Lander to everyone I know. Lander has truly made me into who I am today. The campus is a perfect size. There is plenty of security and I have never felt in danger while on campus. I have always felt safe and protected. The classrooms are exactly what I need to get the best educational experience possible. The classrooms are not as large as other Universities which is great for the one on one help that I myself and many other students benefit from. Professors feel more like family than just teachers that you go sit in a classroom and listen to two to three times a week. I can assure you that you Lander's professors are the best of the best. You will not find professors that care and genuinely listen to their students the way that these do. I have enjoyed every single professor I have had so far at Lander and my nursing professors are like my parents away from home. Greenwood in general also has a small hometown feel to it which I love. I will miss Lander so much when I graduate. A great school! Take a tour and see it for yourself!

Amber

Lander university is a good college to come to. There's a lot of fun activities to get involved in from clubs to sororitys. They try there best to get the students involved make it seems like a more home like place. There is not too much stuff to do during the weekend but during the week is when most of the fun occurs. The professors are nice and really care about there students.

Mechella

I fell in love with this college the first time I set foot on campus, it's not big but just right for my me, The campus dining was clean and the campus food was good for the price I paid. I love everything about this college even the small classroom size

Essence

This is my Freshman year at Lander and I am so glad I chose to attend this university. My parents and I visited many different schools. I was so undecided. Then we made a visit to Lander and from the moment I stepped on the campus ground I knew Lander would be the place I spent the next four years of my life. The atmosphere felt like home.

Taiquan

Overall Lander is a pretty awesome university. The professors really tend to care for the students. There is a great tutoring program that lander provides for free which always helpful. Landers cafe is usually providing good and healthy foods and provides a variety of different food each day. I strongly suggest looking up Lander University to any student who is looking to further their education.

aurora

I love Lander so much! The class sizes are small which means more one-on-one time with your professors. Housing and campus food are also very good. There is also a Starbucks on campus!!! The others students there are also normally nice and easy to get along with. I think everything about this school is amazing.

Marquel

I love Lander. The people on campus are friendly and easy to get along with. Everyone on campus is willing to help you if you get lost or need help with anything. It’s a small school, so professors are able to get to know students very well. The sports venues could be better, but overall it’s a great school.

keyana

fun

Carson

I have been at Lander University almost 2 years now. I really love everything about it, the campus, classes, students and professors are all great. I was nervous about leaving my mom and going to college after just loosing my dad, but Landers small campus size made it easy to meet new friends and keep me busy. I am a Nursing major and joined a greek organization on campus. Lander encourages students to be involved in programs and activities offered at the school. They offer free tutoring services, health services and always meet the needs of the students.

Davin

I love my school. It is not a big party school, I never party but I still find fun other ways. If you need help I haven't found a professor yet that hasn't helped me. It is a small school with small class sizes. Its a very home feel for me. They are continually improving the school each year!

Emilee

I love Lander and everything it has to offer. The programs offered are amazing. There is almost always something offered for students to do to get involved. All of the teachers in the music department know each student that has done anything with the music department, and they make sure the students are taken care of.

Destiny

My overall opinion of Lander University is that is a well developed college that has a place for everyone to fit in. There’s no outcast of one single individual and everyone is very welcoming. The overall experience is one to remember at a college like Lander University.

Brooke

I absolutely love Lander! The professors seem genuinely care about how you are doing inside and outside of the classroom and they are usually quick to respond to emails. The campus is small but comforting and there is a lot of things to do in the surrounding area!

Ayante

Lander University is a great school for kids who prefer a more welcoming environment and smaller classes. The professors are always willing to help you their office hours are very flexible so you will be able to get help whenever you need . The campus is very beautiful and open and as for students there’s always something for you to participate in.

Kylee

I am a future student at Lander and I have visited the campus. I also know a current student at Lander and I know three more future students. In my opinion Lander has a beautiful campus with lots of pretty fountains and flowers. The campus seems well maintained. Also, the layout of the campus, in my opinion, is nice. I like how the classes are mostly separated from the dorms. I also like how the campus is not too big so that it is pretty easy to get to class on time. I noticed as well that there is a good variety of food options on campus such as the dining hall, a sub shop, Twisted Taco, a burger joint, Starbucks, and a POD. It seems to be a lovely place to earn an education and I am so excited to start my teaching degree at Lander University, Go Bearcats!