Lander University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lander University

Clara

Overall, I like Lander University. The teachers are nice. My freshmen dorm wasn’t the best, but it was manageable and close to my classes. The food was to be expected, but we also had nearby restaurants. The campus is small, and the buildings are very easy to find. The only problem I have with Lander is the courses available. As a small university, there are not that many concentrated courses for students, depending on one’s major.

Abby

Lander is an amazing college in all areas. The campus life is perfect and the professors are beyond helpful with anything you could need. The fellow students make you feel safe and are genuinely kind to everyone no matter what. I can not see myself at any other college

Jehovah

Lander university is very beautiful campus in the heart of Greenwood South Carolina. A town 30 minutes away from Saluda River 45 minutes away from Greenville in about an hour and a half from the state capital of Columbia South Carolina. the university is a relatively small university, which started off as Lander College, and all girls school. Classroom sizes are fairly small in comparison to bigger schools such as the University of South Carolina, Columbia, and professors tend to have a close relationship with their students as opposed to other schools. The university has a PEES (physical education and exercise science) building, allowing for recreational and pickup activities such as: basketball, volleyball, badminton, racquetball, spikeball, and evening working out. There’s only two eating places (Twisted Taco and Which Wich) besides the one cafeteria which is located on the bottom floor of the Grier Student Center. Located on the main floor is a lounge area, where people can relax, watch sports, play a game of pool or ping pong. The cafeteria workers are relatively nice, but the cafeteria does serve the same meals pretty much everyday with the exception of weekends. The town itself doesn’t have much to offer activity wise, but a big Greenwood parks and recreation are for playing tennis, softball/baseball, football, or swinging, eating areas such as Waffle House, iHOP, Taco Bell, chick-fil-a, Zaxby’s, etc., a bowling alley, ‘Expo 300’, a drive in movie theater called ‘Auto’, and a good amount of shopping centers. All in all, the town of Greenwood is a good town for a student who wants to attend a school in a quiet location. Lander’s different student/campus activity organizations plan events relative to seasons or holidays, as well as outings such as going to an Atlanta Braves game or Top Golf. This year, the first fifty students journeyed to Atlanta Georgia to see the Atlanta Braves game for their Los Bravos night, and witnessed a truly spectacular Friday Night Fireworks after a win. The Lander campus serves about 3,000 students, with only 8-on campus housing facilities, two of them being the fairly newest ones, but only to freshmen. It is a bit difficult to comprehend the living situations/spaces, especially whenever the housing process allows early time slots based on the time in which you paid your deposit. It is hard for those who are financially unstable/challenged such as myself, who was forced to chose one of the older dorms, as it was the last one available before having to move into an upperclassmen dorm with the other overflow of freshmen. In my opinion, they should chose time slots based on alphabetical order, therefore eliminating that problem., but that’s just my opinion. Besides the housing, most of those you meet on campus are nice people.

Christina

I think Lander is a great University and I am happy to say that I plan to go there this fall and begin my education in the nursing field. I like the scenery around the campus and everyone is so very nice- first impressions are everything!! I cant wait to meet more students in the fall !! :)

Lawrence

Lander is a great university. It was a very good school when I attended. The classes were small enough that the professors knew the students. The housing facilities were very nice. Now, we are excited that our son will be attending Lander University. It was great to see the campus after over 30 years. The campus has changed, but the old charm is still there. Although the school has record enrollment for the freshman class, the school is still maintaining the small class sizes that enable the professors to know their students. All of the dormatories are very nice. The student center, the cultural center, and the athletic facilities are great. We are excited that our son will be furthering his education at Lander University.

Lawrence

Haley

I love it! I have participated in two open house events and have been impressed both times. The faculty and students were very helpful and knowledgeable. They answered all of my questions and were very enthusiastic about Lander. The food and atmosphere was awesome!

kasey

Lander is my dream school. i enjoyed every minute of it and i am so excited to be attending in the fall.

Bethany

I feel like Lander is a good when it comes to academics ,and the teachers involvement but the lack of student involvement and activities is a slight problem. I understand that college is all about academics but a student social life within the school is a great way to network ,but with the lack of activities doesn't provided that for the students.

Stephen

I was very impressed with Lander University as a potential student. I like the small class sizes, but big college feel. The campus is very easy to figure out your way around. The professors greeted us in the hallway even though we were just visitors. The students were very excited to be there.

Jeniry's

I think that the school is really great. Everyone I meet when I was there were completely friendly and nice. The teachers I meet are great they seemed like they would help any one they could if they need any help. They buildings are also very clean and spacious.

Amina

Lander is an excellent school for academics!