Lane Community College Top Questions

There is a huge mix of students at lane. The multi cultural acceptence is wonderfull. I dont believe anyone could feel out of place their, unless they were completely closed monded. Some one from a more conservative area, " say the midwest", or the "deep south", might feel a little out of place. Student are very active, liberal, and politcaly aware. I was asked every time i walked by the voter booth the other week, wheather i had turned in my ballot, or not.

Esther

I am a 54 year old woman who already has an associates degree in nursing. I am older than the majority of students, and more conservative. I have loved every class I have taken and have left each one feeling like a friend and peer of the instructors and students alike. Eugene is a very interesting place, there are a great many "hippies" still here and diversity is often used in advertising to draw people here. The African American population in Eugene is not large, but is welcome and well treated in the community at large at Lane community.

Ronita

My classmates are nice,energetic, and always there to help you when you need them.

Brandy

The majority of my classmates are "nontraditional," coming from a variety of ethnic, ecconomic, educational, and religious backgrounds and spanning a wide age range.

My classmates are people with dreams of a better, easier, and healthier world; a world that is considered the new American Dream: where everyone cares about one another, cares about the planet, and thinks before acting; where the color of skin isn't a segregating concern anymore; where all products are earth friendly; where everyone has insurance and economic security now and in the future.