Lane Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lane Community College

Lane Community College is a great school. Lane is very big on Native American students as well as all other race and ethnicity. The staff is really nice, campus is beautiful and easy to find your way around. Lane Community College has great community with much diversity, everyone overall is very respectful.

Ana

When I first entered Lane, I honestly was very excited. I really appreciate the class sizes because you receive more help. I have done great academically at Lane. However, I would highly suggest they work on their staffing issues to help students more.

Lane is a great school. All of the teachers and staff want every student to succeed. Their website is sometimes hard to get answers from (calling is almost impossible) but if you go to the main campus they will definitely care and try their best to find an answer/solution. The Graphic Design program is one of the best at the school, all of the teachers are very helpful, professional, and intelligent. I don't know much about other programs or sports. The school has a ton of clubs, and job opportunities and ways to involve yourself and really acts as a community.

Jim

Currently I am attending Lane Community College in Eugene, Oregon. I have mixed feelings about the college due to things I have had happen to myself as well as things I have heard from fellow students. For that reason it is hard to non-biasedly rate my college. However, to keep that ideal at the front of my mind while discussing LCC makes for a little more honesty in my belief. Culture wise, Lane is a mixing pot of success stories, failure stories, supportive peers, judgmental classmates, idealistic professors, and mindless cog-driven instructors— so, basically an average college if it were to be compared to other community colleges. However, a few things set LCC apart from other community college campuses that I have attended or been to. For one, LCC is a bit more focused on sustainability as well as safety of their students. The kitchens of LCC utilize gardens across campus as well as multiple compost outlets. And several of their newest constructions have re-used old pieces of former buildings in their construction. The bookstore staff is more empathetic with students during the book buying process and extremely accommodating during billing issues. Both current and former presidents have not only done public relations tours of the school, but frequent the halls and do their best not only to remember names of the students they meet, but also their “stories.” Earlier I referenced negativity I have heard about LCC. Most of that revolves around Financial Aid’s lack of communication and academic advisors leading students on the wrong educational career path to their degree. A combination of both of those has led to numerous stories of students “dropping out” or forcibly being put on permanent dismissal from academic life. All of this info leads me to rate Lane Community College as a 5 out of 10. I base this rating off of equal positive and negative factors puts them at a mid-rating. Granted, that is one student’s rating of the college. However, rather than sing its praises at a 10 or poo-poo them at a 1 or even modestly downplay the issues versus the values and rate at a 7 or 10… It is my intent to grade them at a mid-level the way that they evaluate us as students.

Sydney

I really like Lane. I didn't know much about the school before I moved to Eugene and enrolled, however I have come to really enjoy my classes and the scheduling at Lane. There have been some reports of assault on campus since I've attended Lane, which makes me feel a little uneasy. I always walk in well lit areas of campus and call my family if I'm nervous walking to my car. I've also enjoyed most of my classes while at Lane and have had a great experience so far.

Daniel

Overall, I think that it is a good school to get your general requirements out of the way before moving onto a 4- year institution.

Christopher

I have a great deal of respect and care for Lane. The teachers and staff are engaged, the classrooms and facilities are very accessible and well resourced, and the classes are engaged. And though the attitude of most students at community colleges is of passive participation, many lane students are very involved in student affairs, clubs, and mutual support.

Michelle

Great campus atmosphere. Teachers you can tell care an want to help and for you to succeed. Beautiful location which isn't very near many stores or in a central area but they make up for it with their large variety of food trucks and the culinary schools meals.

Delaine

I like Lane Community College because it's a perfect stepping stone for a student. Some students are new to college and they slack off, but the majority of people I've talked to in classes are dedicated, returning students who understand and value hard work. Most people I meet are eager to begin study groups and stay connected with professors.

michael

I love the knowledge based atmosphere. Lane Community College has a productive learning environment . The tutors on campus are friendly and prepared to help in all of the areas of study lane offers. The food at the Titan store is better than the local area resturants

Alex

Lane is an okay community college people really come here for cause it's cheaper than going to a university. I give it 4 star , because it does have good student resources. It really could use more extra activity's. It doesn't have as much a university, but it is a good community college to go to if your on a budget.

Elijah

My overall option of Lane Community College that it is a nice place for anyone willing to start a new life. Whether its someone who is straight out of high school going into college or the parents who hasn't steps foot in a school in over 20 years.

Declan

I think Lane is a pretty great school. The campus is beautiful and the food court is run by students (which I think is pretty neat). The Titan Store is the only shop anywhere near campus since it's so far out of town, and I feel that their items are pretty overpriced so I don't utilize it. Also, since it's a community college it doesn't have on-campus housing, and (again) since it's so far out of town, there isn't any housing nearby. To make up for this, though, there are buses running to and from the college to Eugene, Springfield, and Cottage Grove constantly. All of the professors I've had have been incredible, but I've also been using Rate My Professor ritually so I can avoid any of the bad ones.

Carlos

This school is amazing because it offers so much opportunity to the student body. The campus is always so well maintained and everywhere you go on campus is beautiful. The student body in general have a great atmosphere and no one ever feels unsafe at Lane Community College. I really recommend this school to anyone looking for an awesome education. Lane offers so many amazing programs to all the students and help is always available to anyone who needs it. Teachers are awesome as well they all have their own personality that really makes classes enjoyable.

Adriana

It is a good starting point for continuing education, just a little rough around the edges. If you make an effort to find resources and get involved you should be fine, but there are a majority of people who like to keep to themselves and that is all that school is for. Not a very social school, and do just enough academically, but sometimes you wish as a school they would do more.

Kaiser

I think the school is average. It can be very scary because Lane accepts anyone and everyone (which is good and bad). The academics is extremely good (at least so far). The teachers can be good and bad depending on which ones you get. The food is also high quality and relatively cheap.

Katy

Lane Community College is an incredible community college which is dedicated to providing great educational opportunities for each of its students. The professors and fellow students could not provide a more welcoming environment, and there are countless resources provided to each individual. The campus itself is very safe, and there are various options for food, study resources, childcare, extracurricular activities, community services, and more. In sum, I genuinely love this college.

Dalton

I love Lane. Since I have come here, I have been shown nothing but support in reaching my goals academically. The professors are not only extremely knowledgeable in their field but they are extremely approachable and friendly. You feel as though they actually want you to succeed. In almost every way its the perfect college if you don't want to go straight to a four-year university right out of high school. Applying was one of the best decisions I have made in my life so far.

kymmi

Great school with lots of resources. Teachers and staff really care about student success and are very accessible. Beautiful campus that is also a wildlife habitat, with wild turkeys roaming around. Great math and science resource centers and tutoring is always available for students in need.

Candice

Lane Community College is a great place to learn. Every professor I've had encouraged their students to reach out to them, and has been extremely helpful. The only thing I don't like is the location. Driving directly from the freeway feels very windy.

Lindsey

I absolutely love LCC. It's a beautiful, well kept college and the professors are super helpful. This is my first semester attending and I am very happy with the campus and faculty so far!

Dorothy

I just graduated Lane Community college and it was well worth it to go. Class sizes are small which is nice because you get more one on one time with your professor's. The professor's always make themselves available for office hours or for a scheduled appointment. The staff there is very helpful and the campus is always kept clean. Students actively participate in extracurricular activities and there are many different clubs available. If there is no club that suits you, they let you make up your own club long as you get permission from the campus.

Julia

This college is great! There are a variety of vocational programs as well as general prerequisites and even a few upper division classes. The class sizes are tiny, the teachers are excited to help students, and the campus has a view of forest greens. It's a great place to learn and develop a career.

Ama

Lane community college offers a wide variety of classes both on and off campus, there is a diverse population of students all from different backgrounds. Most teachers are availiable to talk to outside of class, and if not then they are through email or by phone if needed. The campus is a commuter campus so they are only open through out the day and they close early on fridays, so if your trying to get homework done on a Friday evening they close before 6pm and kick you out if you are still there past 5:45. My overall rating of the college is pretty good, there are few things if any that I dont like, and the things I dont like are mainly on me, like if I dont like a teacher, well, I'm the one who signed up for the class.

KYLIE

I personally love LCC. The instructors are always available. They are more then willing to help with any questions you have in order to assure your success. Your success is their number one priority. They strive to keep a positive retention rate and from what I have noticed they are succeeding.

Krystal

I love the small class sizes and the professors are knowledgeable and accessible. The school feels very communal and you get to know other students and become friends with them as you progress through your program. There always seems to be something going on on campus and clubs to get involved in.

Lane community college is situated on a big open beautiful campus just outside the city limits. They are constantly renovating to bring the students the best resources possible and state of the art facilities. Since it's just outside of town, quick accessibility to stores, restaurants, etc might be an issue. Transit system seems to be awesome.

Yensy

I, as a current student at Lane Community College, feel safe and grateful to be in a college that cares about its students. The only concern that I have is the food that is provided, the school should care more about the students that are spent most of the time at school. it is harder to stay in school and do be done with everything you need to do when you are hungry.

Kristie

I love this school. I wish I could stick with this school through the completion of my master's. The instructors are kind and knowledgeable. The staff members for all departments I've encountered are just lovely to be around. The students don't seem to have that obnoxious university vibe. They, for the most part, act like adults.

Conner

The facilities are good. The teachers are excellent and available to students. The classes sizes are conducive to learning. The quarter system is a great way to earn credits quickly and for a much better price. Gorgeous forests surround the campus. There are great tutoring services to those in need.

Finnegan

I am extremely happy with my experience at LCC. Many of the professors also teach at nearby major private universities and offer the same course content and expertise for a fraction of the cost. The age range is surprisingly wide, and there is no sense of ageism displayed towards the older students. While there is nothing much within walking distance, the free bus can take you almost anywhere in the Eugene/Springfield area and it runs frequently. This isn't really a party school, but if you make some friends it's not too hard to find something small going on. For the most part though, people are just trying to focus on school. If you are looking for an affordable college with great teachers and tons of educational resources (seriously, their science department is INSANE), then apply here! If you're looking to complete a four year degree, start here and save a ton of money.!

Avelina

Lane Community College is great place to start your general studies. It doesn't cost a fortune and is one of the best community colleges in Oregon. I've had a great experience with all my classes. It doesn't offer any on campus housing, but there is plenty of student housing in Eugene. The school also is on the outskirts of Eugene, which isn't convenient. LCC is sometimes referred to as the "little Harvard on the hill."

Ciera

Lane community College is very basic however they do well in providing you with the tools necessary to transfer to a university or quickly get on a career path. Their professors keep regular office hours and the tutoring center is free and open the majority of the time.

Rhiannon

It is a great school with some really amazing faculty. Some of the best teachers I have had in my life teach or have taught at Lane. If I have ever needed questions answered, there is a department dedicated to answering questions relating to the topic I am researching.

I think that the campus is of decent quality. Most of the professors that I have had are are accessible and do their job with passion and interest. I feel safe on the campus nut am also aware of my surroundings. They have a good variety of art programs and other classes. However, recently they have raised tuition and cut the payrolls of many part-time teachers. The campus makes me feel happy and peaceful and overall the students and staff are wonderful. They have a variety of food but it can be a little expensive. They have a coffee shop and amazing and free resources like tutoring centers.

Saul

Lane Community College Overall, is as pretty sweet place to be. It has a beautiful scenery and some wildlife that visits the campus like Turkeys. The staff is nice and a great help. Especially when you get lost. So far every professor I've had has been helpful and cares for the students success.

Teressa

I like the school overall. There are plenty of opportunities to participate. I love the library and all the affinity groups. My professors have always been available if I have a question or problem. There are resource centers for each department that will help keep you from falling behind.

francis

I think you get what you want out of it. If you put in the effort you can really go places with your schooling, I think the school has a lot of growing to do as it does seem unorganized at times. But I truly believe if you put in the effort the school will take you where you are wanting.

Allyssandra

I think that Lane Community College is an amazing place to start your college career or to get back into school. The classes are small and you are able to communicate with your professors in and out of class, asking all sorts of questions. My only problem is with the Financial Aid department but if you can get past that then you will love the free and friendly environment that is Lane Community College.

Jessry

I think, overall, it is a good school. There are some things that could be adjusted (promo of sports teams and some of the arts), but overall not any one group is glorified over the other(s). In general the teachers and others who work here are typically helpful and personable. They'll take the time to steer you in the right direction and even offer alternatives in the case you dislike anything.

Hunter

Lane Community College is a very good school. It feels safe, and the students and staff are very helpful when I have a question. I have never witnessed any sort of bullying or harassment, which I am happy about. Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Lane and I look forward to another year there.

Aryana

I enjoy the atmosphere of the school and the students that attend. The staff however leaves a lot to be desired. There’s been multiple faculty that have been convicted of sex related/sexual harassment. The fact that this doesn’t seem to be a big deal to the administration is what bothers me. Other than that, lane has a great nursing program and I learn what I need in the time that I’ve been there.

Shannon

It's a great school. The campus is really pretty and they have great food. I have the ability to take most of my classes online and only have to commute to campus when I have to take a midterm or final which makes things really convenient for my family and personal life. I love my teachers and they all have been so kind and helpful with answering all my questions or helping me find resources. I also work in the Social Sciences Department as an Office assistant for my Federal Work Study program and I love the community of people that I work with. So far I have very few complaints about the school in general. I wish they had better housing opportunities on campus and off, but with having the University of Oregon and Northwest Christian University here in the same city, it makes housing an incredibly difficult thing to find at an affordable price.