Langston, OK
Langston University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Langston University

Wendi

My parents did not attend college, but always had set "college" as a goal for me since childhood. I guessed their reason was so that I could have a better life than them, perhaps having greater earning potential or a wider array of job opportunities. However, having experienced college myself, I have learned that the college experience has helped me attain far more than financial security. These things cannot be quantified in dollars and cents, but have added a richness to life that I value beyond money. The greatest experience for me has been meeting professors and classmates from all over the country and world. I have learned so much in these interactions. The knowledge, insights, and stories that they each bring have broadened my understanding of the world, enabling me to imagine and think things that I would never have imagined or thought before. I have thoroughly enjoyed classes where discussion and critical thinking is encouraged. There is freedom to represent my own points of view, which encourages me to continue to shape the ideas that I already have within me. The college experience has helped me to become more of who I was meant to be.

Rosalba

As a student in high school, I always had in mind to attend a big university and have an everlasting experience but as time passed I realized it wasnt where you start but where you finish and the effort you put into it. Therefore, I decided to attend a Community College near home, not only were classes are cheaper but they were also easier and considering I had house payments and bills on my sholder I knew it was well worth it. I am currently transferring to big universtiy as I always wished (Universtiy of Houston) and I can say I did the most smart thing any high school graduate could possibly do. Ive learned not only to manage my time wisely but how to be more responsible with procrastination, the value of education and how lucky we are to be in this country were in schools you dont have to pay for anything until we get to college.

kaala

the most important thing i can say about my college experience so far is that it has made me grow up. i never lived on my own before this, i didnt know how to cook before this, and i didnt know how to wash clothes. So i can say that college has matured me. College has been a valuable for me to attend because im at one of the top nursing schools in Oklahoma and when i graduate i will be able to find a good job making anough money for me to live comfortably.

the worst thing about Langston University is there is not enough extracurricular activities for students to do outside of school. If u are not part of a sorority or fraternity is really nothing for you to do outside of homework and going to class.

the kind of person i think shouldnt attend this school is a person that does not like to be invovled. thats the only way you will enjoy yuorself at Langston is if u get involved with the few activities they do have on campus. Although Langston does not have much activities to do, they do have alot of clubs to join.

mercedez

Knows how to have fun, but know how to take care of their school work.

Knows how to have fun, but know how to take care of their school work.

In attending Langston University I have learned how to stand on my two feet, and to always take care of my responsibilities. My first year I struggled with a financial problems, but now as a second year college student I have learned to manage my money better and make sure I keep my priorites straight. I have became more independent , hard working , and determined more than ever attending Langston University. I have learned many things attending Langston which I feel is just one piece to my learning puzzle,and has made it a very valuable lesson to attend.

Jarod

My classmates are respectful to those who are eager to learn .

My classmates are respectful to those who are eager to learn .

Education for today?s young professionals has many impacts on young professionals today. Even though you have to learn extra to become a professional, your helping yourself financially, how not to make the same mistakes other previous professionals made, and you?re helping your country become more competitive and independent towards other ethnic groups in other countries. Financially, people with higher education can extend others potential and enhances job prospects. Professionals who have attended college achieve more benefits such as vacation time, health care, more interest earning assets, and greater home equity. Most people choose there profession based on the salary instead of the type of work that is required. Going to school for higher education is the best thing to do because of the economic crisis we are trapped in today. With supply going down and demand going up, those who have higher education could help be the professional companies need to create a plan to help balance the uneven economical situation. In order to become a professional with higher power and have a lot of confidence in what you do, you would need to have a lot of experience, which can help us learn from previous professionals mistakes.

I say that we are not just a number in our class rooms, our professors respect us and know who we are.

Sherri

I have gotten a good education, thus far. I have learned to build relationships, network. I've made life long friends. I am learning how to compromise. All of these have been valuable to me because Langston University is a great school, once you cut out all the negativity that surrounds the name. It's a great HBCU and I would have maybe never learned all that I have.

I wish somebody would have known the steps to receiving financial aid. Last semester, I ripped and ran evrywhere trying to find out what I needed and when I needed it.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be a disciplined, goal oriented individul. There are an abundance of distractions o this campus and it takes a lot of discipline to do what you need to do tobecome the person you may need to become.

Terry

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life. My life would have been much better. I would'nt have to scramble around trying to worry about money for school getting my mom stressed out. I would be able to afford books for my classes instead of relying on some one to let me used there book because sometime they dont come through.

i consider that the best thing about my school is that it's really not that big. So you are able to get alot of one on one time with your teachers.

The thing that I brag about the most when I tell my friends about my school is the living conditions. Our living conditions are the best we our on indivisual rooms where you can go be by yourself. Because you will need the alone time to study.

Shakeithta

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself, to practice better study habits and note taking methods.

The type of people that shouldn't atten Langston University, are the ones who are trouble makers and looking to just have a good time.

the most frustrating thing about Langston University is that the financial aid office, is low on staff, so things aren't being done in a timely fashion.

Corryn

Have a plan before coming to college. Knowing how it will be paid for and tell my parents or relatives a little more about my financial needs. Plus have everything i will need to come to college and be comfortable.

A STUDENT THAT WANTS TO GO TO A SCHOOL WITH ALOT OF HISTOSY AND AGRICULTURE. SOMEONE WHO WANTS A NEW JOURNEY IN THERE LIFE AND DO NOT MIND BEING OUT ON THEIR OWN.

BEING AWAY FROM MY FAMILY. NOT HAVING A JOB OR ANY SOURCE OF INCOME.

Ebony

Most of my classmates were also African-American middle class students who were high achieving.

Make sure you are disciplined. College life is a fun, memorable experience, however, it is easy to get caught up in all the "fun" and neglect the real reason you are there, to get an education. There are no parents there to force you to get up and go to class, no one to give you consequences for negative behavior. It is up to you. You will be the first in your family to finish college. Be proud and make the most of it. This is a time for you to learn and grow. Utilize all of the resources available to you. There is a lot of knowledge and wisdom within those college doors, soak it up like a sponge. Knowledge is power and this is the place for you to gain that knowledge. Take advantage of the opportunities that are given to you. I know that you can thrive and be a successful individual.

I feel that the location was not the best. The school was kind of in the middle of nowhere. It was difficult if you didnt have a car.

Langston University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.