Langston, OK
Langston University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Langston University

Robert

My classmatesand I have a lot in common; such as being entergetic learners, good citizens, and fiscally responsible students.

The school's curriculum is set up so that when you are finished in 4 years you can have both an Associates Degree and a Bachelor's degree. Also, campus housing is structured so that everyone has their own room and share a bathroom with only on other indivdual.

I would make sure that I took more accelerated courses in order to prepare me better for college. Unfortunately I had to take a couple of basic courses my Freshman year, which could have been avoided.

Faith

I would tell myself to straighten up and plan for the future. Study myself as far as what I'd like to do most for a career. I'd tell myself to plan for college earlier and check up steadily on all financial work, or paper work that may not be finished. Look into different types of careers before just choosing one that may have sounded the best. Try not to catch " senior-itis"! Keep up the good work because it pays off when you get to college, financially and academically. Continue to strive for the best because what you put into something is initially what you receive out of it. Follow through with everything, Keep positive. Stay organized and on top of all things. Reach for the best. Get to know yourself and what you want out of friends. Learn how to interact with anyone and everyone in the right manner with the right manners. Keep strong-minded, ready to take on any task;never give up.

A person who wants a very diverse student population because most of the population is African American. A person who doesn't like the small population shouldn't attend. Someone who is does not want to mostly walk everywhere, for the most part, because it is a very small campus compared to most campuses.

You need to keep your head straight and know what you want out of life. You may not know exactly what you want to do but makes plans to succeed. Try to learn to manage your time and study. Be organized!! Strive for success in every class or activity you participate in. Watch out for those around you and remain yourself. Don't let anyone change you nor do you change for anyone. Also, manage your money! Stay up on your work. Keep a positive surrounding for yourself to stay motivated! Last but not least, ENJOY YOURSELF!

Antonisha

My classmates are very encouraging.

My classmates are very encouraging.

I would tell myself to apply for more colleges, universities, scholarships and make sure I know what i want out of life. I would go back and visit different schools because I never did to get the feel of what my future had in store for me. I would have taken atleast one college coarse my senior year to get me ahead in a coarse while in college.

The learning environment is great here. There are not only tutoring sessions here to help out the students, we exchange numbers and have pesonal tutoring sessions as well. Langston University also offers different programs that offer extra tutoring sessions and financial support like delivering grants to student who are doing well academically. So, i would say that the best thing about Langston is the education because everyone who attends this school expects one thing and recieves more than what they expected.

La'Kisha

My school is very mellow and its is what you make it!

My school is very mellow and its is what you make it!

Some advice I would give to parents and students on finding the right college or university is do your research. Make sure the college or university has your major and if your undecided make sure the college or university has a good variety of choices to choose from. The college experience is what you make it; have fun, experience new things, and be very open minded. Socialize and get to know lots of people because you never know who you know when you graduate and networking is very important. Love whatever school you attend and take pride because you are future alumni. Whatever you decide to go, do your best and strive for the best! Failure is not an option!

Cherron

Langston University does not maintain well-educated professors.

Langston University does not maintain well-educated professors.

Parents and students should do extensive research on their college picks. Ask to speak with the department head of interest and tour the university. Ask if previous graduates can be spoken to. Inquire about meeting with some of the professors, and try to pick a univeristy somewhat based on the environment in which also best describes your personality. I want to excel as a professional. I have a desire to be a leader in the health care system and an advocate for people of less socioeconomic class. I am coming from the working poor class, and I want to exceed to the top and give tremendous support to those from my same class, by bringing action and success to suggest that "we too, can succeed." I can provide excellent social services and I will strive to grant all people with equal opportunity, as well as to prove through actions of self-sacrifice, self-discipline, and self-motivation a brilliant mind can become trained. This is who I am and this make me a good college student and a valuable person to society. I am worthy of your scholarship and I would be honored if blessed to receive it.

The hope of obtaining a degree. I have invested time in this school, if I had not already I would not recommend it or currently attend.

Rhema

The school is best known for its world renown goat research program. Additionally, it is the onlye HBGU in the state of Oklahoma.

I would advice both parents and/or students to begin their college search early, preferably while a freshman in high school. It would help to request information from that college, as well as, visit the campus for a tour to get the feel of the environment. Compare all the advantages and disadvantages of different colleges to see which one is the best fit. Additionally, try to talk to individuals that go to that college to recieve insight on what the college experience is like at that school. To make the most out of one's college experience is different for every individual at a every college, but there are still things that could be adviced. Getting involved in campus life is a great way of making new friends while supporting the school. Furthermore, trying new and different experiences, like sports or choir, can help one to discover aspects of their life they hadn't known existed. Lastly, remember that college is about getting an education, so don't be afraid to ask for tutoring or form study groups to get the help you need to successed.

The best thing about my school is its size. This is great because being such a small school classes are small allowing students to get better access to teacher assistant. Additionally, it makes it feel like a great big family environment because everyone knows each other in some capacity.

Amber

The best advice i would give to perspective parents and or students looking for the right college to attend would be that first and foremost you have to choose a place where you will be happy. You should choose a college where you feel as though you will not be just another student that attends this school but a student that feels important and is receiving the right amount of time with his or her professors. You should attend a school where you feel as though you will receive an education that will benifit you and help you achieve your goals. In addition, in order to make the best of your college experience you should avoid keeping yourself cooped up in your dorm room. You should involve yourself in on campus orginizations and activities that pertain to your interests. By involving yourself in on campus activites you are meeting your peers, making life long friends, and learning about your school history and what it has to offer.

The best thing i consider at my school is the fact that the school is not too big but it is not too small. I think that this has to be one of the best qualities of my school because this minimizes the chances of me not getting the oppurtunity to really communitcate and get the right amount of one on one time with my professors.

One thing i wished i had known before i atteded this school would be knowing that having a car would make life alot more easier when it comes to getting around because our school is in the middle of nowhere. For example, going to the grocery store or possilbly getting a job.

quinnchella

Well, frist i'll would make sure that's the college or unverstiy the student is interested in. Once they find the right college then take steps on seeing what they can join to better their experience there. Tell them to be theirself and talk to students at will be in their freshman class, because you can always use a good study partner. Make sure the college that you will be attending has the field that the student is going to college for. And when coming the to grades in class to not to be so hard on yourself and just remember it is a learning experience and just grow from it, and know that college is different from high school. And it is more studying involved then in high school. And last but not least remember you can still have fun with activities on campus and still keep your head in the books, while doing so.

the enivorment, because you are around people of your own race and that understand where you come from.

all the paper I had to give to financial aid in order to get financial aid.

Langston University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.