Langston University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Langston University

Jahmiila

I have enjoyed my visits on campus, meeting students, sitting in on classes and going to homecoming.

Monica

My honest opinion of Langston University is I love ittttt! 100% would recommend! It is mostly african-American but anyone can join the Langston family! We have many opportunities. The sports are amazing. And the dorms and good as well . The nursing program is great!

Janelle

My overall opinion of Langston University is that it is a very small school but worth it. Everyone knows or sees everyone. Walking to and from class is the easiest walk I've ever had to do. Langston university class is size is about the average class size of a 2a high school, so your teacher will actually know your name and remember you. The teachers care about your involvement and usually incorporate campus activities with school work so students have the chance to get out, see, and engage with one another. Overall Langston is perfect when you're looking for something that isn't over excessive like a D1 institution, but still worth the tuition in comparison.

damontriayna

yall ghetto

Shandalyn

There are many great opportunities and resources. The professors work with you when needed and nothing is overwhelming. Getting involved is pretty easy. The best way to stay updated is to follow student council members, living at Langston, SGA, or an advisors page.

Ryan

It's quiet while having a homey feeling. It's not to big and not that small either. The class sizes can vary depending on class making it sometimes difficult to find one on one time with your professors. Though I wouldn't say its to big of a deal. The dorm accomodations are passable at best, at least for the two semesters I have currently enrolled on the campus. This could be subject to change in the near future. I noticed that without any form of personal transport getting somewhere specific can be a bit of a hassle. With that said most places to by items and necessities aren't located to far from the campus so it isn't to much of an issue. The extracurricular activities are scattered about though that isn't saying that there aren't a bevy to select from. Overall I enjoyed my time on the campus and the people here really made my stay enjoyable despite the somewhat disagreeable weather at times.

destiny

I really like Langston University the environment is safe and comfortable.The people around me are very nice and kind.The professor really care about their students . The president is very nice and really care about the university. The dorm is all right it need a little update but other then that it's Ok. Finacial Aid is a little slow but if you stay on top of them about your finacial aid it will eventually get done right other than I really like my University.

K'Naja

Langston university wa =s not what i was expecting... its not really a college i would go to

Darren

I love my school! For the first couple of weeks, I didnt like the campus enviornment. I dont like the location, because its so far from anything. Once I started to get out and make friends, Langston grew on me. When I was applying for schools, I didnt have any intentions on going to an HBCU, but now im glad I attend an HBCU!

Bre'Onna

My opinion about Langston University is student life could be a little bit better. I don't really have much to say. Everyone has an opinion and everyone's opinion is different . I will say there could be more activities on campus that all students would be involved in doing.

Keshuna

college is mostyly all bout getting involved and networking which i fail to do , so this semester i plan on getting involved because Langston university is really a gray hbcu filled with alot of great people with professors who care about you and your grades you are not just another student to them , hopefully i get enough scholarship to attend this fall .

mary-aleecia

I love my HBCU! Everyone knows everyone, so it's always a family environment. Greek life is fantastic, promoting education and service. The food has varieties for vegans and students of different cultural backgrounds. My first year at Langston was the best, students and faculty were very welcoming.

Jayden

My opinion of Langston University is not anything extravagant, but rather important and accurate. I feel very much that Langston is about life in the sense that is what you make it. Entering Langston is very much a clean slate, if you want to get into stuff you have no business getting into there's avenue for that. If you seek and strive for more than what you currently have, there is more than enough places for that as well. Whatever it is that you wish to gain more of you will. At Langston University you can very much see what crowd people enjoy and gravitate towards within a short period of time of the attending. Langston is exactly what you make it and the outlets you find yourself in are direct reflections of what you pursue, both good and bad.

Pamela

Being an African American students attending Langston University it has helped me in numerous ways. With it being an HBCU i feel like I’m at home. Everyone embraces who they are, it’s really insiteful. The academic portion of this university is very versatile and can help the student figure out where they want to be in life!

Ryann

Campus culture is highly important when attending a 4 year college. To me, academics is more important than sports. The campus is always filled with a lot of hardworking people, In 4 years I will be upset to close my college years but be excited to move onto the real world.

sierra

I love it! It's a great and positive place.i would recommend anybody to go there. I love how although I'm not African American they still accept me and nobody looks at me differently because I'm white at an HBCU. I would recommend any and everyone to attend an HBCU!

Jemisha

Langston university is an alright school. If your a person who don’t want to deal with the extra people and get your education this is the HBCU for you. Also, if your the type who loves to party this is also the college for you. Your in the middle of no where as well so social life is mainly the campus.

LaVayha

Great school. I would liat it in my achoola to possibly recommend to someone else. Just like any school i do believe it has room for improvement and can get better. The overall reason for college is to learn and langston university offers a great academic service.

Kayshe'

Langston University is the place I can call home, it's my home away from home. Everyone here is like a family. We support each other and grow together as a family. I thank Langston for the many leadership positions, that I have been blessed with the opportunity to have. The positions I have had made me a better leader, communicator, and just a better person all around. I truly love everything about my HBCU. Growing up in high school, I never thought that I would love college as much as I do or to even be involved us much as I am. Also the faculty and staff really care about you, your not just a number. They get to know you on first name bases. I wouldn't be the women I am today if it wasn't for all the challenges, advertise, accomplishments, and many more, if it wasn't for my Dear Langston. Langston has taught me, if you want anything bad enough to go out and fight for it, work day and night for it. With that being said that is exactly what I do here at Langston with all the organizations I'm apart of SGA, SAB, Ambassadors, I even made my own mentor program entitled B.O.S.S(Building Ourselves Into Successful Sisters). I love my HBCU.

Kevonshay

Langston University is a great choice for those who want to feel like they belong. I enjoy Langston University because some of the professors make it interesting to learn and are accessible even in non-class related issues. I'm not a fan of crowds, but on campus I feel comfortable.

Tajahne

Langston is a HBCU and I absolutely love it. I feel like I am at a home away from home. Everyone here is so kind and they try to help you as much as they can. There are tutoring sessions, you have access to the library everyday including weekends. There is so much to do here to get involved with your campus. This past football season our team went undefeated, which was amazing. Bottom line I love my HBCU.

kaliyah

I would really love to attend the school butt i just dont have the money for it. The price for the college is so high price its crazy. The capus is beautiful and im in love with the fact that its a historically black college. Only thing is its high price.

Sincere

I love it and could not have chosen a better college. I wanted to go to an HBCU because of my circumstances. Let's just say this school fits me and my children so well. We enjoy every bit of it and I can not wait until I get my degree from Langston University!!!

Steffen

Its a pretty cool school to attend. There's a lot of distractions , but that comes with most colleges right? The learning environment here is amazing, the professors actually engage with the students and make sure there's a good understanding of the topic.

Asjia

My overall opinion of Langston University is this college is a great friendly environment that has a good way of welcoming all types of students into the campus. Also its a very helping and understanding environment. From our professors to our students there is a lot of help around the campus.

nathaniel

Langston is a great cheap school. They put you in the best position you can to be successful. The teachers will are very good teachers. They really explain the work that there teaching you. There is somebody always there to help you with the work, if you need help with any assignment.

Derrick

Langston Over all is an amazing school once you get used to being there. You meet a lot of new people and the teachers are very friendly. Because you are on campus doesn't mean you cant have any fun, usually around the big holidays students get together to make there own fun, but all in all langston puts your education first and then makes sure you have fun after.

Aliyah

I really love Langston University. As soon as I stepped onto the campus I felt a welcoming love from the staff and students. They all made me feel home and now I have made some of the greatest relationships with people. Before attending this university, I was a very shy and antisocial person. Now I have outgrew that part of my life and have joined many organizations. Langston is just a very great school and I would recommend anyone to attend my HBCU.

Taya

My opinion of Langston University is that it is an amazing school. The teachers are there to help whenever and the students are friendly. I am happy to be going to this HBCU. I would recommend this school to anyone that is looking to have fun on campus yet know the teachers because they care.

Aneesha

I'm glad I chose to attend Langston University because there are so many things you can learn in and out of the class room. You can learn basic life skills from friends and also learn ways to make learning fun. Langston can be a hassle but what college isn't?

Isaiah

Langston is very diverse and great hunch for students who don’t wish to leave state .

Nylah

Langston is a wonderful HBCU experience for students who want to go there. I love the atmosphere and how people are so welcoming to incoming freshmen and transfers. I believe that Langston University just gives that positive experience and educational experience that students like me deserve.

Samuel

It is a wonderful college I mean don’t get me wrong not every college is the best it has it’s ups and downs. But Langston university is amazing the people of Langston is always helpful even if you don’t know them you will eventually get to know them down the road. The people of Langston are always helpful and cheerful and they live their school. And if you are in band you will meet some great people like I have got to meet and I can honestly say I am glad I met these wonderful people at Langston university.

Bonnae

Langston University is a great campus. The campus is small and in a rural area. I enjoy the peace and quiet. Our campus has all the organizations, sports, and extracurricular activities for students to enjoy. the teachers are amazing. They work with each and every student. You can seek help if needed. It is a great school.

pamela

School still a little work to academics . I think if you made honor roll there should be awards for it regardless of number of hours. Overall the school is ok to attend and retain education. Classes are put in decent numbers with out overcrowding.

Aryonne

Langston is a very good school and it helps expand your horizon.

O'Riyan

Langston University is a prestigious facility that offers multiple opportunities and offers me the ability to live up to my full potential. The school is truly great with an awesome atmosphere and intriguing cultural background that can’t be offered any where else. Langston University is truly the place for me and has let me down at all.

serena

At first I was hesitant when I came here but once I got here, everyone was so welcoming and I haven't had a problem since I got here. I love that it is a small campus because I learn more in a smaller environment. The professors are very welcoming and always willing to help us because they want to see us succeed. The dorms are nice and I also enjoy the food. I would definitely recommend Langston to other students.

Kashia

LU is a great place to attend and learn. The university makes sure students are receiving the education they're paying for with the biology department actively offering opportunities with NASA, the agricultural department at the forefront of whatever the state may be doing agriculturally, and a plethora of professors with notable careers. Outside of academics, there's ALWAYS some sort of event going on put up by a student organization, despite being a small campus.

Debbie

I appreciate the student to professor ratio. The class schedule is after work hours-I am in a graduate program. i enjoy the organic conversations in class. Most of us are non traditional students. We are in the heart of the Race massacre, so we are kept updated about issues. it is a HBCU-Historically Black College University.

Kearra

Langston University is overral a great learning environment. Historically it set forth various opportunities for all walks of life being a HBCU college. Langston has great clubs, bands, and even sororietys on its campus. I believe I would be a great asset to Langston University's community by my motivation to learn and make society better.