Oakwood, GA
Lanier Technical College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lanier Technical College

Ian

Lanier Technical is great if you're a back to school granny. For kids, it is such a bore. The classes consist of nonsense busywork, yes, it can be easy to pass if you check your calendar everyday. They have excellent tutoring resources within office hours. There is no scene of any kind on this campus... It is extremely soulless. I feel like I'm just taking 13th grade. The people on the Forsyth campus creep me out- they aren't friendly at all, they are actually quite awkward and unapproachable. Most teachers are adequate, though... Mediocre for the most part. I, to this day, KICK myself for not getting a higher GPA so I didn't have to be in this clown college. Also, just for perspective, I am a 20 year old guy. I want a life, not to be bored out of my mind.

The opportunity to further my education at Lanier Technical College has me pretty excited but at the same time a bit of ‘a cat on a hot tin roof’. I’m attending the Hall County Campus/Online courses, which is a great benefit to me that I can have this option. I’m a single mom of 2 boys, 3 and 15, my life is constantly evolving, and requires a lot of flexibility. I’m loving that it’s really quite close to me and easily accessible. It’s an easy 15 minute ride from my home on one of north GA main interstate systems, so when I have to rush off to who knows what kind of emergency either of my sons could create I will have a little peace of knowing “I will...!!”, and there’s a little piece of my flexibility I will benefit. I plan to use Lanier Technological College as a kick start to our future. With technology courses in mind, I know it will help prepare me for the career I choose.  I chose this school because of all the opportunities and courses available to me and all students at this and all of its campuses. Some programs can be as little as furthering your education for extra accreditation in a current career, other programs help lead you to a diploma or a Bachelors Associate degree. Whichever level and program chosen, students have accredited and experienced staff to help guide and direct them to the information needed to succeed.   When considering the combination of current technology and resources, helpful faculty and staff, multiple academic programs, positive reputation and geographic convenience, I believe Lanier Technical College is a great school option to consider, and the prefect place for me.

Over all, a great school to attend. The community is positive and encouraging. I love how well kept is te campus. The dorms are very nicely maintained. The teachers are always wanting their students to engage and students are curious to know more.

Jake

Lanier Tech is a good school with dedicated professors. I just started in summer semester so the campus is quiet. I am looking forward to Fall semester to see the full campus picture. I also work outside of school so I will need to be particular in any extracurricular activites I choose.

Joseph

It's a nice tech school, but many students are unsavory and I don't feel comfortable reaching out to staff. The campus is kept clean and attractive, and they are all within walking distance of good stores and restaurants. The biggest draw is that tuition is very reasonable.

Denisse

it's a small school with great professors and small classes which helps me as a student get more of a one on one experience with my professor which I really love. I also really like how everyone there is so willing to lead a helping hand even if it's not their area of expertise

Linda

If I could give myself as a high school senior, I would say PAY ATTENTION and don't drop out. We have a high drop out rate in the city of Gainesville, Georgia. I droped out and so did atleast 50% of my class. In Fact, my son was the first person to graduate from high school in my family. He inspired me to go back to school and get my GED. Now, I am in college. It is very hard to get a job without a high school diploma and the economy is getting worst. Everything I learned in my time at high school,I have been able to use thoughout my life. Geometry is usefull when you own a home, Algebra is useful for budgeting (and so many other things), English is useful if you plan to write an email, Civics is useful if you plan to be an American, etc.

If have any advice to prospective students at Lanier Technical College it would be don't take to many classes at once and manage your time wisely. Although LTC is a technical college, it is very challenging. It takes a lot of time to read, take notes, and prepare for exams. I have a family to take care of too, including my diabetic 14 year old. I spend most of my nights reading and completing assignments.

I consider the worst thing about my school to be not enough on campus classes. I have to rush to register if I plan to take a class on campus. Otherwise, I will be left with all online classes which I feel take more work.

Lanier Technical College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.