Lansing, MI
Lansing Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lansing Community College

Many of us share common goals and values.

Many of us share common goals and values.

I would tell myself to go to LCC. LCC has changed me tremendously in one year. I would say it is important to be open to trying new things because new experiences open doors. I would say learn from professors, mentors, and classmates because everyone has something to offer. I would also tell myself the importance of being involved and giving back. The program that I am currently in has definitely taught me the value of giving back and being a mentor. I would also tell myself to always trust the program because as I am ending my summer semester, I can see how LCC has given me the skills and knowledge to go far in my career. Lastly, I would advise myself to remember that doing what is right for you is extremely important and it doesn't matter how long it takes you to choose your career. College is about figuring out your future and yourself. If you believe in yourself you will succeed!

Kathryn

The best thing is the smaller class sizes. The teachers actually get to know your name and you are never treated like just a number. It is also possible to get to know your classmates as you work on projects together.

I have returned to college to finish a degree in elementary education after being a stay at home mom. Returning to college has been one of the best things that I have ever done. I am amazed at how quickly I was able to immerse myself into my studies and it has been a joy and a privilege to interact with so many other people of all ages and from all walks of life. The college experience has exposed me to many new ways of thinking and has given me opportunities that I might otherwise not have had. I have joined the Future Teachers' Club, the Michigan Science Teachers' Association and the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. I believe that the education I am receiving now will serve me well into the future and everything that I have learned has been a priceless addition to all of my previous education. My college experience has been one of hard work and personal satisfaction as I have accomplished my academic goals. College has been such a valuable opportunity for me and I will never forget the lessons I have learned and the great people I have met along the way.

I wish I had known some more computer skills, but the people and teachers whom I have worked with have been very helpful.

The place where anyone can attend no matter what age to attend classes to transfer or get a degree or get a high status in a current field. the cost of schooling is affordable to everyone

I have learned more time management skills,i have learned how to prepare for a class and to get all that the teacher has to offer. I have developed some new healthy lifestyle information and have made new friends. I believe that if a person takes their health serious they will have more time to focus on important things in life. Although it is a community college i believe making friends is a good way to enjoy college and keep life fun. It has been valuable for me to attend college because i am slowly developing my life with every class that i take. i have save money and know that i cannot be lazy because i am wasting time and money that someone else could have used.

There arent enough exciting clubs to participate in or sports teams. It doesnt really have that exciting college feel in the environment.

Melissa

LCC is a campus for all levels of intelligence to teach and grow the students in thier educational and career options.

I have learned alot about myself throughout my college experience thus far. I have learned how I need to work on my motivation levels, how I interact with people and how I take my career into account with the things that I do. I am learning that I will never know everything, and I think knowing that sets you up to make better decisions about what you teach yourself and what you allow to enter your mind. By keeping it at the forefront that I will always be learning, and there will always be things that I don't know, it sets me up to really grasp onto the things that I am learning and work on retaing them. I know that college is supposed to teach you academiclly, but I think that it also teaches you about yourself.

The kind of person that should attend LCC needs to be a self motivated person. Some one who is really interested in furthering thier education. Not just anyone looking to waste their time. The student needs to be ready to accept the information that the teachers are giving, and use it to thier full advantage.

Nathan

Work harder at your reading. Read more to inprove. Study harder for test. Visit colleges more offen. Be sure that this is what I want not what the College says is best. I have the say in my life. They are there to help not pick the classes for me. What they say is not what is always best. Start early. The earlier the better to get what classes you want before their gone.

Having to have a high reading score to be able to take classes that tranfer to a Univerity. Post classes that tranfer you can take unless your reading is in a level 5. So you end up having to take classes that won't tranfer and you do need. So it will take you longer to reach your goal and you pay for classes that don't tranfer.

A student who plans to go to a four year college. Starting here a student can start their four year degress and tranfer to the Univerity in two years. The cost is cheaper and you can stay closer to home and be able to work to help with college. Student who want to inprove their GPA to get into a Univerity. Students who do want to go to a Univerity can get a degree at LCC. Student who want to stay close to home and keep the cost of college down can acheive their goal.

It's a community college (Lansing Community College), with nice buildings, lots of different people, some nice cafeterias, a nice writing program, and very helpful people.

If I could go back in time and talk to my 18 year old self about college, I would talk myself into not being scared and not procrastinating. Here's my conversation with myself: Old Self: I'm scared about going. I didn't go during fall semester, so I'm not looking forward to it. There's so many things I didn't get done. Now: Don't be scared. LCC offers online classes, so take those so you don't have to worry about driving. If you take them online it's more leisurely and you've got a week to get everything done, so you'll still have time to do other things. OS: Okay, but I've got to fill out an FAFSA, pick out my classes, it's so frusterating. N: Don't worry, LCC does help. I got one online class picked out, and I've figured out how to turn everything in. Fill out an FAFSA for next semester, but don't procrastinate. Continue going on Fastweb and make sure you sign up for LCC scholarships. DON'T PROCRASTINATE! OS: I'll get started right now! Thanks!

Since it's a community college, basically anyone. However, maybe someone who doesn't do well around others or could cause problems shouldn't go. Someone who wants to stay in a dorm room or be in a nicer campus shouldn't go either.

Rhonda

Lansing Community College is best known for accessibility, they have different locations in which you can attend class.

This is a great question, as you often hear people say "if I could go back and do things over," or "if I knew then what I know now" I would.....for me I would tell myself to not let anyone hold you back from what you want to do and to accomplish in your life, to set goals and follow through. Go over all your options and career choices and to pick the one that you want to pursue and go for it. That things are not always going to go your way and when that one class you think is too much for you or think that you can't do it and you want to throw in the towel believe in the incredible power of the human mind. Doing something that makes a difference of working hard, laughing and hoping and of all the things that will cross your path the start of something new brings the hope of something great. Anything is possible, there is only one you and you have one life make the best of it and enjoy it!

The best thing about the school I am attending is that I am able to take my classes on line so I am able to continue to work my job and I do always have the option to physically attend class if I would like. Also, the professors really work with you to help you understand the course, they offer time to set aside to meet with you one on one . The school also offers a ton of different career choices and being able to have my credits transfer.

Tatum

I have been attending college for a lot of years trying to find out what I was going to do with my life. Looking back, I know exactly what I would tell myself. Believe in YOURSELF. I know that sounds cliche but knowing what I know now, it is so important to believe in your passions and your skills. Happiness, true happiness is found in doing what you're truly passionate about. It's not just about making money, it's about enjoying life. Find what makes you happy, find what you're secretly really good at and love doing, and go for it! Money will find it's way to you if you just choose the career that you honestly will be passionate about. It took me 5 years to realize that I wasn't following my heart because everyone around me told me it would be too hard to make money taking pictures. Now I know I could not be happier doing anything else.

In all honesty, I think LCC is a great school. My biggest pet peeve would be there's not enough parking! But I personally haven't had any truly horrible experiences.

I love LCC. If I had to choose one thing to brag about it would be the equipment they let us get our hands on! As a photography student, they let us loose in full equipped studios with equipment that I'm not even sure when I'll ever be able to afford it! They treat us like we are real up and coming professionals and it really makes me feel confident when I know they believe in my skill set.

Amber

Nursing program and getting you on track for transfering.

Nursing program and getting you on track for transfering.

I would do the exact same thing. I knew I couldn't afford to go to MSU or where ever I decided to go. I love the small classrooms, more one on one attention from the teacher and I feel like LCC was a better transion from highschool rather then straight to a university. Taking my basic's at LCC I was able to give myself more time to decide what I wanted to major in and I choose Teaching. LCC advisors work with you and get you on track for having the exact classes you need and that will transfer. That way I don't need to retake them once I get to CMU. I would not change a single decision about my college choice coming out of highschool. I knew people who went to MSU and other univeristies but didn't know why or for what.

The kind of student who isn't quite sure what they want to major in or cannot afford to go straight to a university for the same classes you could take cheaper at a community college.

Cynthia

The Nursing program at Lansing Community College (LCC) is widely know in the area and beyond. It is an exceptional program with very high pass rates for the N-CLEX exam. Also the college helps students prepare to continue their nursing degree through various transfer programs.

One piece of advice I would give myself and other high school seniors is to seek the help of those who can give it. In particular, I would recommend setting up an advising appointment right away, with an academic advisor at the school you are going to attend. I am going to a community college and this was not a requirement for registration like it might be at some universities. I thought I had it all figured out and I felt like I didn't need help, but now I wish I would have went to an advisor right away so I could work toward my degree in the most efficient way. Also, if you go to someone for help and they don't seem to give you what you need, then keep looking! Never stop till you get to where you want to be. Oh yeah, another big thing is PLAN AHEAD! It's super important to find the balance between future needs and those that are most pressing in the present time. You must be smart and creative in everything from picking classes to buying books to paying for parking... Use all the resources available to you!

Any student who is looking to save money should attend Lansing Community College (LCC). The age range of students is very diverse, from fresh high school graduates to older students who are looking to finish their degree after many years of work. LCC is very affordable and offers many practical and transferable courses. It is a great start towards a degree.

Lansing Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.