Lansing, MI
Lansing Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lansing Community College

Grace

Really like Lansing Community College. Great place before heading off to a University. The class sizes are great and the teachers are always there to help you with anything you need. As long as you stay on top of your work the assignments should not be too difficult.

Great community college, better than most

Great community college, better than most

It's a really great college! Truth be told, it's not here to impress. Being that it is a community college, most of them lack extracurricular and an infamous sports team. But other than the lack of social activities, academics and teacher to student ratio is amazing! Passed the fall semester with a 4.0. Teachers are extremely helpful and supportive. Peers are respectful and considerate. Lansing is known as a refugee city, therefore LCC campus is very diverse but very respectful as well! Great people there:)

Victoria

The advice i would give my high school self would be to aim high. I made the mistake of not actually looking into schools. I did one campus visit in high school and i had nothing to compare the campus or educational credentials to. Right now I am encouraging my little brother (a high school junior) to start applying to schools now. Apply to all of them. Ask questions about every school and compare the programs to eachother. Looking at schools doesn't hurt you, even if you start at a community college to begin your career its always nice to have your next step already planned.

My least favorite part about going to school at Lansing Community College is that the student body is not united by commonalities. The student body is a very diverse group with the most common aspect being that we share the same class. At a 4-year university most of the students are in the same age group, live in the same area and share the same goals and aspirations. There is also a lack of social clubs at LCC and social opportunities in general are slim.

This college is best suited for those that work a full time job, are full time parents or receiving educational credits and certifications. Lansing Community College is also great for those that would like to finish general credits before moving up the ladder to a university. I appreciate my education at Lansing Community College because I understand that even my "out of district" tuition is much cheaper than any university I could study at.

If I were able to have the ability to travel back in time to talk to my former high school senior self, I would advise her as quote: "You need to submit as many scholarships as possible now! Although we were able to afford our first year of college based on our graduation money and the money that we had saved up from our job, it would have been a lot nicer to have earned some scholarships so we could have save our money for other things, such as a proper flute for college. If we could barely pay for this year of college without taking a loan from our school or the government and our tuition for the year was around $5,000, how are we suppose to pay off for schooling in a four year college, or possibly even for next year? If we want to earn two majors and go for masters for both, we need the earn money to help us accomplish our goals. I am applying for many scholarships now, but you need to apply for some as well! College is so much fun and a great experience, so let's be able to continue!"

The best thing in my school is that the professors in the music program do help you out when it comes to presuing your goals, classes, and more.

I wish I would have known that I truly wanted to major in music so I could have started out with the right classes for the previous fall semester.

Cheyenne

The staff, administration and teacher honoestly care about the growth of their students. LCC offers a student veteran department that provides resources not only for the veterans but for their families as well. LCC works hard to provide a safe, constructive, welcoming environment and classes in ways for all students to obtain degrees, even a Bachelors. Plus LCC offers classes just for fun, subjects like motorcycle license, excercise, crafts etc... High school was not comfortable for me but I am relaxed and enjoy attending LCC. Its easier to learn and enjoyable to attend and participate in class discussions.

I am a military child. I am a child of bullying from a teacher. I am a child who did not wish to burden my mother who worked long hours and dedicated her life to provide me with stability and security. I did not wish to burden her with more to bare. I wish I would have spoke up earlier. I wish I did not suffer with fear of my fathers death or suffered alone emotionally, physically with my grades. Digging my way back up... I believe is harder to bare alone than admitting to the suffering at the time.

I believe our college is for everyone...their is no judgement...all our welcomed and encouraged.

Many of us share common goals and values.

Many of us share common goals and values.

I would tell myself to go to LCC. LCC has changed me tremendously in one year. I would say it is important to be open to trying new things because new experiences open doors. I would say learn from professors, mentors, and classmates because everyone has something to offer. I would also tell myself the importance of being involved and giving back. The program that I am currently in has definitely taught me the value of giving back and being a mentor. I would also tell myself to always trust the program because as I am ending my summer semester, I can see how LCC has given me the skills and knowledge to go far in my career. Lastly, I would advise myself to remember that doing what is right for you is extremely important and it doesn't matter how long it takes you to choose your career. College is about figuring out your future and yourself. If you believe in yourself you will succeed!

Kathryn

The best thing is the smaller class sizes. The teachers actually get to know your name and you are never treated like just a number. It is also possible to get to know your classmates as you work on projects together.

I have returned to college to finish a degree in elementary education after being a stay at home mom. Returning to college has been one of the best things that I have ever done. I am amazed at how quickly I was able to immerse myself into my studies and it has been a joy and a privilege to interact with so many other people of all ages and from all walks of life. The college experience has exposed me to many new ways of thinking and has given me opportunities that I might otherwise not have had. I have joined the Future Teachers' Club, the Michigan Science Teachers' Association and the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. I believe that the education I am receiving now will serve me well into the future and everything that I have learned has been a priceless addition to all of my previous education. My college experience has been one of hard work and personal satisfaction as I have accomplished my academic goals. College has been such a valuable opportunity for me and I will never forget the lessons I have learned and the great people I have met along the way.

I wish I had known some more computer skills, but the people and teachers whom I have worked with have been very helpful.

The place where anyone can attend no matter what age to attend classes to transfer or get a degree or get a high status in a current field. the cost of schooling is affordable to everyone

I have learned more time management skills,i have learned how to prepare for a class and to get all that the teacher has to offer. I have developed some new healthy lifestyle information and have made new friends. I believe that if a person takes their health serious they will have more time to focus on important things in life. Although it is a community college i believe making friends is a good way to enjoy college and keep life fun. It has been valuable for me to attend college because i am slowly developing my life with every class that i take. i have save money and know that i cannot be lazy because i am wasting time and money that someone else could have used.

There arent enough exciting clubs to participate in or sports teams. It doesnt really have that exciting college feel in the environment.

Melissa

LCC is a campus for all levels of intelligence to teach and grow the students in thier educational and career options.

I have learned alot about myself throughout my college experience thus far. I have learned how I need to work on my motivation levels, how I interact with people and how I take my career into account with the things that I do. I am learning that I will never know everything, and I think knowing that sets you up to make better decisions about what you teach yourself and what you allow to enter your mind. By keeping it at the forefront that I will always be learning, and there will always be things that I don't know, it sets me up to really grasp onto the things that I am learning and work on retaing them. I know that college is supposed to teach you academiclly, but I think that it also teaches you about yourself.

The kind of person that should attend LCC needs to be a self motivated person. Some one who is really interested in furthering thier education. Not just anyone looking to waste their time. The student needs to be ready to accept the information that the teachers are giving, and use it to thier full advantage.

Lansing Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.