Lansing, MI
Lansing Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lansing Community College

It's a community college (Lansing Community College), with nice buildings, lots of different people, some nice cafeterias, a nice writing program, and very helpful people.

If I could go back in time and talk to my 18 year old self about college, I would talk myself into not being scared and not procrastinating. Here's my conversation with myself: Old Self: I'm scared about going. I didn't go during fall semester, so I'm not looking forward to it. There's so many things I didn't get done. Now: Don't be scared. LCC offers online classes, so take those so you don't have to worry about driving. If you take them online it's more leisurely and you've got a week to get everything done, so you'll still have time to do other things. OS: Okay, but I've got to fill out an FAFSA, pick out my classes, it's so frusterating. N: Don't worry, LCC does help. I got one online class picked out, and I've figured out how to turn everything in. Fill out an FAFSA for next semester, but don't procrastinate. Continue going on Fastweb and make sure you sign up for LCC scholarships. DON'T PROCRASTINATE! OS: I'll get started right now! Thanks!

Since it's a community college, basically anyone. However, maybe someone who doesn't do well around others or could cause problems shouldn't go. Someone who wants to stay in a dorm room or be in a nicer campus shouldn't go either.

Rhonda

Lansing Community College is best known for accessibility, they have different locations in which you can attend class.

This is a great question, as you often hear people say "if I could go back and do things over," or "if I knew then what I know now" I would.....for me I would tell myself to not let anyone hold you back from what you want to do and to accomplish in your life, to set goals and follow through. Go over all your options and career choices and to pick the one that you want to pursue and go for it. That things are not always going to go your way and when that one class you think is too much for you or think that you can't do it and you want to throw in the towel believe in the incredible power of the human mind. Doing something that makes a difference of working hard, laughing and hoping and of all the things that will cross your path the start of something new brings the hope of something great. Anything is possible, there is only one you and you have one life make the best of it and enjoy it!

The best thing about the school I am attending is that I am able to take my classes on line so I am able to continue to work my job and I do always have the option to physically attend class if I would like. Also, the professors really work with you to help you understand the course, they offer time to set aside to meet with you one on one . The school also offers a ton of different career choices and being able to have my credits transfer.

Tatum

I have been attending college for a lot of years trying to find out what I was going to do with my life. Looking back, I know exactly what I would tell myself. Believe in YOURSELF. I know that sounds cliche but knowing what I know now, it is so important to believe in your passions and your skills. Happiness, true happiness is found in doing what you're truly passionate about. It's not just about making money, it's about enjoying life. Find what makes you happy, find what you're secretly really good at and love doing, and go for it! Money will find it's way to you if you just choose the career that you honestly will be passionate about. It took me 5 years to realize that I wasn't following my heart because everyone around me told me it would be too hard to make money taking pictures. Now I know I could not be happier doing anything else.

In all honesty, I think LCC is a great school. My biggest pet peeve would be there's not enough parking! But I personally haven't had any truly horrible experiences.

I love LCC. If I had to choose one thing to brag about it would be the equipment they let us get our hands on! As a photography student, they let us loose in full equipped studios with equipment that I'm not even sure when I'll ever be able to afford it! They treat us like we are real up and coming professionals and it really makes me feel confident when I know they believe in my skill set.

Amber

Nursing program and getting you on track for transfering.

Nursing program and getting you on track for transfering.

I would do the exact same thing. I knew I couldn't afford to go to MSU or where ever I decided to go. I love the small classrooms, more one on one attention from the teacher and I feel like LCC was a better transion from highschool rather then straight to a university. Taking my basic's at LCC I was able to give myself more time to decide what I wanted to major in and I choose Teaching. LCC advisors work with you and get you on track for having the exact classes you need and that will transfer. That way I don't need to retake them once I get to CMU. I would not change a single decision about my college choice coming out of highschool. I knew people who went to MSU and other univeristies but didn't know why or for what.

The kind of student who isn't quite sure what they want to major in or cannot afford to go straight to a university for the same classes you could take cheaper at a community college.

Cynthia

The Nursing program at Lansing Community College (LCC) is widely know in the area and beyond. It is an exceptional program with very high pass rates for the N-CLEX exam. Also the college helps students prepare to continue their nursing degree through various transfer programs.

One piece of advice I would give myself and other high school seniors is to seek the help of those who can give it. In particular, I would recommend setting up an advising appointment right away, with an academic advisor at the school you are going to attend. I am going to a community college and this was not a requirement for registration like it might be at some universities. I thought I had it all figured out and I felt like I didn't need help, but now I wish I would have went to an advisor right away so I could work toward my degree in the most efficient way. Also, if you go to someone for help and they don't seem to give you what you need, then keep looking! Never stop till you get to where you want to be. Oh yeah, another big thing is PLAN AHEAD! It's super important to find the balance between future needs and those that are most pressing in the present time. You must be smart and creative in everything from picking classes to buying books to paying for parking... Use all the resources available to you!

Any student who is looking to save money should attend Lansing Community College (LCC). The age range of students is very diverse, from fresh high school graduates to older students who are looking to finish their degree after many years of work. LCC is very affordable and offers many practical and transferable courses. It is a great start towards a degree.

circe

Study harder! Pass your AP exams! Try your best on the Merit exams! So you do not have to waste money or time retaking basics in college and you would finish school sooner.

I can get my associates in social science, I have a scholarship, and a job on campus. I can also get transfer credits.

They do not offer degrees for my major

Kimberly

As a recent college attendee, I would give myself the advice that I need to check out and get any to all scholarships that I am able to get, or even apply for. I also think that I would need to save up and not have to worry about a job until after I get done with schooling. The more that you save and not spend the more money you will have to make it through college without having to take breaks in between years and then go back and still struggle more with school because you have forgotten what you learned before. I would also suggest that if you do have the money saved up that you start in college right away, for the same reason so you don't forget things you have learned. If you still need to save up money then I would suggest that you wait a year until you have some money saved up to attend without having any problems with school or money.

Brianne

My school has great instructors, that remember my name rather than a calling me by number. Being that the classrooms are smaller, I'm much more comfortable asking questions and participating in class topics. Being that there are a few campuses spread out in the mid michigan area, it's much easier to attend one closer to home so I can save some gas. All in all I'm very happy attending Lansing Community College.

I think what is more unique about my school is that since the classrooms are smaller, it's easier to get more one-on-one time with the teachers so that things are more understood. Also, with big universities, it's easier to skip class when the teacher doesn't even notice you're there. But at LCC the instructors care about the students education and make sure they get ahold of them so we know what we've missed in class.

To be honest, after graduating high school and entering into college life, i wouldn't have much to say to myself. All through high school I worked and studied hard so I could achieve good grades, and be able to pay for my cell phone, gas, and insurance for my car. The only difference from now and then is that I have fewer friends (haha). One thing i might have told myself is that i have to put myself out there more and make friends in my classes. That way I'd be able to relate to the students more and have people to study with and motivate me. College is definitely a whole different experience, but in a way i think i was already preparing for it during high school.

Laura

It is a well rounded school with educational opportunities for students with many different majors.

The classmates from my writing class were fun to be around, and it was easy to get to know them through their writing.

I woul tell myself to prepare myself better. I felt that I was somewhat cheated in high school and babied, college is not like that. College is a challenge, but it is worth the ride. I would say be brave and confident in yourself, because unlike high school, it isn't all about the cliques and fitting in. The chance to go to college means the chance to find yourself and learn to go to into a more responsible adult. And I would also say don't lose your faith. Many times I was intimadated by other classmates and professors that I didn't get the chace to share my truth faith in Jesus Christ. Be bold, keep believing, and press forward even when things get tough. And NEVER EVER underestimate how special you are!

All of the classmates that I have attended classes with have been very open to learning and meeting new people.

If I could talk to my precollege self, I would tell her research all of her options before choosing a major. I would also tell her to speak with an academic counselor as soon as she decided what degree program she wanted to take and find out the best way to achieve her goal. I would tell her to slow down and maybe join a club or extracurricular activity. Do not just go to class and go home. Find out what the college offers and expand your horizons. I would also tell her to make some friends and maybe generate some connections. Finally, I would tell her not to let all of the opportunities that arise slip by, no matter how scared she is to try new activities. This is a time to enhance your skills and your mind. Do not let it go to waste.

The best reason to attend Lansing Community College is the small class size and individual attention that a student receives. In addition, attending a two year community college allows students to prepare for a larger campus atmosphere and take core classes for less than at a traditional four year university.

Lansing Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.