Lansing, MI
Lansing Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lansing Community College

Kimberly

As a recent college attendee, I would give myself the advice that I need to check out and get any to all scholarships that I am able to get, or even apply for. I also think that I would need to save up and not have to worry about a job until after I get done with schooling. The more that you save and not spend the more money you will have to make it through college without having to take breaks in between years and then go back and still struggle more with school because you have forgotten what you learned before. I would also suggest that if you do have the money saved up that you start in college right away, for the same reason so you don't forget things you have learned. If you still need to save up money then I would suggest that you wait a year until you have some money saved up to attend without having any problems with school or money.

Brianne

My school has great instructors, that remember my name rather than a calling me by number. Being that the classrooms are smaller, I'm much more comfortable asking questions and participating in class topics. Being that there are a few campuses spread out in the mid michigan area, it's much easier to attend one closer to home so I can save some gas. All in all I'm very happy attending Lansing Community College.

I think what is more unique about my school is that since the classrooms are smaller, it's easier to get more one-on-one time with the teachers so that things are more understood. Also, with big universities, it's easier to skip class when the teacher doesn't even notice you're there. But at LCC the instructors care about the students education and make sure they get ahold of them so we know what we've missed in class.

To be honest, after graduating high school and entering into college life, i wouldn't have much to say to myself. All through high school I worked and studied hard so I could achieve good grades, and be able to pay for my cell phone, gas, and insurance for my car. The only difference from now and then is that I have fewer friends (haha). One thing i might have told myself is that i have to put myself out there more and make friends in my classes. That way I'd be able to relate to the students more and have people to study with and motivate me. College is definitely a whole different experience, but in a way i think i was already preparing for it during high school.

Laura

It is a well rounded school with educational opportunities for students with many different majors.

The classmates from my writing class were fun to be around, and it was easy to get to know them through their writing.

I woul tell myself to prepare myself better. I felt that I was somewhat cheated in high school and babied, college is not like that. College is a challenge, but it is worth the ride. I would say be brave and confident in yourself, because unlike high school, it isn't all about the cliques and fitting in. The chance to go to college means the chance to find yourself and learn to go to into a more responsible adult. And I would also say don't lose your faith. Many times I was intimadated by other classmates and professors that I didn't get the chace to share my truth faith in Jesus Christ. Be bold, keep believing, and press forward even when things get tough. And NEVER EVER underestimate how special you are!

All of the classmates that I have attended classes with have been very open to learning and meeting new people.

If I could talk to my precollege self, I would tell her research all of her options before choosing a major. I would also tell her to speak with an academic counselor as soon as she decided what degree program she wanted to take and find out the best way to achieve her goal. I would tell her to slow down and maybe join a club or extracurricular activity. Do not just go to class and go home. Find out what the college offers and expand your horizons. I would also tell her to make some friends and maybe generate some connections. Finally, I would tell her not to let all of the opportunities that arise slip by, no matter how scared she is to try new activities. This is a time to enhance your skills and your mind. Do not let it go to waste.

The best reason to attend Lansing Community College is the small class size and individual attention that a student receives. In addition, attending a two year community college allows students to prepare for a larger campus atmosphere and take core classes for less than at a traditional four year university.

My classmates vary widely in age and in what they hope to achieve with their LCC education.

Do not go into college looking to earn a degree simply because it will get you a job in a practical career. Explore your interests! I cannot emphasize this enough. You will learn what you like to do, and you will learn what you love to do. Once you have realized what subject you enjoy the most, pursue every opportunity you can to gain experience in your field. You will be enjoying yourself immensely, while at the same time opening doors to educational and professional opportunities you never even dreamed were possible. Studying what you love is always the right thing to do. Believe this, live this belief, and you will go far.

The excellent support provided to enthusiastic students by faculty and advisors is the best thing about LCC. Professors are always willing to answer questions during and after class, and to provide advice and assistance to students in pursuing their further academic and professional goals. Academic counselors are ready and willing to work closely with students in planning and carrying out these goals as well.

Alexsandria

dont pick to many classes. dont stretch yourself out too thin! you should also save up more money for books. that is one expense that most incoming college student dont factor in. i have payed $200 for one book for one class! if i knew how much books alone would cost i woul dhave saved more and applied for more scholarships

i Love the prices. At lcc you get so much more then what you payfor. a class at MSU will cost you double and you have over 150 people in one class and you dont even get to speak to your instructors. At LCC i pay more then half the money, i dont have more than 25 students in any of my classes and the professors actually know everyones names. there very helpful and always give you many ways to contact them. if LCC offered 4 year degrees i would never leave!

IF you want to stay in dorms then this college isent for you but other than that anyone can go here!

There is a wide range of students at Lansing Community College. The ones that I have personally gotten to know are all planning on going on to higher levels of education.

That in highschool certain aspects of school, and life in general, may not seem very important to the future. Turns out that a lot of those things are very important. The best plan is to do your best in everything, because you never know when a new oppurtunity might show up.

Anyone that is looking to get a start on their education. LCC is a great place to get started and transfer out, but it also has some great medical programs that can be completed at LCC without transferring.

Chelsea

My classmates are very diverse and unique; many different kinds of people go to LCC.

My school is best known for it's theatre, sign language and nursing programs. They are all top in the area and give out many scholarships a year. I am currently going to a community college and it is very one-on-one. The class sizes are small and it is very personal. Lansing Community College is one of the best community colleges anywhere. It is really growing quickly and is very affordable. It is a really great alternative to a university or even a great tool to save money before transfering and makes the transition a bit easier.

If I could go back and talk to my high school self I would stick to my decidion to go to a community college first. I am paying for school myself and it makes it really hard sometimes for me to keep up with payments. So far I have been working part time and going to school full time just to keep up with everything, I couldn't even imagine having the bill be three times as much right from the start! I know that if I would have chosen to go to a university right away I would have had to take out huge loans and would be paying them off years after I graduated and I knew that was not what I wanted. We are supposed to be going to college to get a better education so that we can have the better careers but what is the point of having a well paying job if you are going to be paying off your college loans the rest of your life? I do plan to transfer to a university next year, but I beleive, that going to the community college first helped me handle my money better.

Kristina

I would tell myself to focus more on school work and study more than what I did. Also, to think about either going to a 2 yr college or 4 yr college. Because sometimes I wish I started out at a 4 yr university instead of coming to LCC.

The worst then is that there is not dorms so you don't get to live the college student dorm life.

Any person can and should attend this school. It gives students education at a cheaper price for their first two years of college. Students who are only getting a 2 year degree should attend especially because it's cheaper than an university.

Lansing Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.