Lansing Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lansing Community College

I think Lansing Community College is a great school who offers a lot of opportunities for their students to get involved with their community and to show our community our talents. I love how small the class sizes are and how accessible my professors have been. They want us to succeed and learn to our fullest potential. All of the staff are so helpful and kind to the students and visitors. The buildings are nice and kept up and clean. They provide us with all the tools and services that we could possibly need.

Cameron

I love the campus of Lansing Community College. The teachers and advisors are truly here to help when the students are in need of them. The star zone has been huge for me since my move here. They make me feel very welcome and apart of something. I’m happy that I chose to take classes at LCC!

Malahni

This college overall isn't too bad at all. The professors care about their students, class sizes are small, and each course is interactive in some way. The extracurricular activities have improved a lot since I've been there as well. It is also aesthetically pleasing and an overall nice, comforting ambiance.

Alex

I think that LCC is a good school, however it's hard to meet new people here. I think that this is a college that many people choose to go to later on if they passed up on college after high school (not that this is bad) There is a wide variety of ages and so it seems that on the social level LCC is lacking a bit. The teachers have been fairly good to me so far, only had one that I wouldn't say was to my liking.

Eric

Lansing Community College has been a great college for me. The small classes of forty people at most really help the students and the professors to interact easier, which makes the learning experience stupendous. The facilities on campus such as the library and the tutoring center also helps students who are in need of help with their classes, on top of the professors normal office hours (which is also flexible).

It's a really great college! Truth be told, it's not here to impress. Being that it is a community college, most of them lack extracurricular and an infamous sports team. But other than the lack of social activities, academics and teacher to student ratio is amazing! Passed the fall semester with a 4.0. Teachers are extremely helpful and supportive. Peers are respectful and considerate. Lansing is known as a refugee city, therefore LCC campus is very diverse but very respectful as well! Great people there:)

April

My overall opinion of LCC is that it is an amazing school. The campus is so nice, it is a great size. There are so many extracurricular activities. The class sizes are small so it is easier for me to learn and get extra help. I have had a great time attending LCC and I am excited to go through my program and graduate.

Grace

Really like Lansing Community College. Great place before heading off to a University. The class sizes are great and the teachers are always there to help you with anything you need. As long as you stay on top of your work the assignments should not be too difficult.

I love LCC! If I could stay there for the rest of my college years, I definitely would! All of my professors have been willing to help out as often as possible and try to get the students to engage in activities within and outside of the school itself. I have never had a teacher that I disliked. There is a decent variety of foods that are available. The library is amazing and full of everything you may possibly need. The bathrooms are always clean (which is, of course, very nice). Some of the guidance counselors do not always seem to know what they are doing, but they may direct you to a professor that can help you much more. Lastly, the school is up-to-date! I always feel I can rely on everything at all times and it gives off a clean, modern feel.

McKenna

As a student of The Early College at Lansing Community College, I have found that everything about Lansing Community College is warm and welcoming. The academics are great, in fact I have never had a gpa so great in my life since I started here. The professors always make time and do whatever they can to help you better your grade as long as you are showing evidence of effort. In addition, the safety is excellent especially for being in the heart of Lansing. I also enjoy all of the food and social options around campus.

Sawyer

I was enrolled in an University and I much prefer Lansing Community College. I enjoy the commute to class. You honestly cannot beat the price for this community college. It's obvious LCC cares about its appearance as there is always a crew working on something somewhere. I have only taken a couple classes so far but my teachers have been very helpful and kind. I have gotten a 4.0 in both classes; one challenging and one not.

Victoria

This upcoming semester is my last semester attending. I am not super experienced in the campus, but I am more than most. I'll start with the bad here. I don't intentionally mean to be judgmental, but a good portion of the student body is involved with the recreational use of marijuana. Out of the dozens of students I've met, I can only count a few who aren't involved. The atmosphere doesn't promote making friends. This is a community college. People here tend to have their nose to the grindstone and want to get out of college as soon as they can. The majority of students here are working students. It's not uncommon to run into someone like me that works full time and attends school full time. Scheduling can be difficult sometimes because there are instances where different departments aren't completely organized. With this last semester alone, they have already changed the information and scheduling of one of my classes at least two times. Sometimes they continue to offer specific courses, even though those courses are regularly canceled when offered. I had a class that I needed to graduate because of my major (that was only offered one semester out of the year) that got cancelled. I had to get in contact with an adviser, who ended up waiving the course for me. On the good side, the help that the college provides through the library, tutors, labs, counselling, advisers, etc. is tremendous. THE PROFESSORS HERE TRULY CARE ABOUT YOU AS A STUDENT. They don't want your money, they want your success. The class sizes are small and all of my professors know me by name. On first day of courses everyone is willing to help you find your class. On the last day, all the professors let you know that even though you are no longer there student, that they are always there for you if you need help. LCC promotes a lot of healthy and good habits, they even provide free food durings finals weeks in the library and in the commons. Even though I haven't made a lot of friends here, the is truly a college that cares for it's students. I do not regret my choice coming here, I think it has helped much in the end as I prepare to transfer on.

Danella

I've always found Lansing Community college to be a very causal and comfortable place. It isn't a university so there isn't much of a campus culture. However, it is a great introduction into the college life for those who will move on to a university later. For those learning a trade or who to want to better their skills, it provides you with exactly what you need.

IaN

Going to lansing Community College so far has been one of the best experiences that I've been able to participate in. All of the staff have been very helpful and they are all very knowledgeable in the fields they teach. I'm attending their aviation maintenance program, and it is all state of the art equipment that we're able to use. This year, they got a jet in for the students to work on, and that within itself is impressive for a community college. I highly recommend LCC if you're looking for an aviation program

Cameron

I studied under the Early College Program as a dual-enrolled student. There, I kept in touch with my professors and advisers regularly and was always asked about how classes were going or my future plans for education. Career-wise, professors influence students to go beyond the requirements of their assignments, going as far as writing narratives for creative writing in a single semester, developing art-show-worthy illustrations, or establishing a capstone project to launch students' own careers. There is always a place to enjoy on campus. You can visit Gibby's Cafe for a snack in between classes, hang out in the Gannon Commons with friends, study in privacy at the library, and several other hidden nooks in each building. Classmates are always encouraging and push each other beyond their limitations to complete projects. Some go as far as to use their projects in a portfolio when applying for their dream job. The best way to describe LCC is hopeful, since everyone has something to strive for.

Sasha

LCC, is a great college for those who are looking to going to school but still have a life, the school is very convenient. Teachers and professors range from being very helpful to not helpful at all, before taking a class be sure to read the rate my teacher reviews. Be sure to take advantage of having a success coach and your professors directly for advice within your interest, other help isn't very efficient. Also be sure to check about your finical aid things can be subject to change.

Aaron

Lansing Community College is a good school. It is an easy place to make friends and work toward your degree without breaking the bank. The worst part of the school is that it does not offer all classes year round, which can create difficulty in finishing a degree as quickly as you want to. For instance, one of my friends had to wait an entire semester before a class became available to him, which prevented him from being able to transfer to a university in the fall. Besides this and frequent issues involving lack of available parking, LCC is a great place for students right out of high school or those coming back to school after a long break.

My overall opinion of Lansing Community College is that there are many things students can do around here, you just have to look into it. Sometimes the professors will hand us out flyers to inform us of some extra activities and try to get the students involved with each other inside and outside of class room. It's a small college campus and easy to get around, but the parking around here isn't the best.

Alison

The campus is really open, and they are great at making sure you have all of your paperwork lined up for the semester! Their student center has helped me and my siblings get connected with schools and programs we were interested in and made sure we had all of our questions answered!

nicole

it is a good starting point for anyone who is not sure what they want to do in life. Going here has allowed me to figure out what I want to do. Most of the teachers are nice, but not all of them are focused on the students best interest. The last thing I would like to add is that their D2L site needs a lot of work before it can be considered "User Friendly".

Tahlia

Despite Lansing Community College being a commuter college, I've become very active in campus life. I am part of multiple clubs, became a vice president of a club, and joined the honor society Phi Theta Kappa. Lansing Community College has given me the tools to become a strong and successful student, and what I have gained here will help me in my next steps to higher education. The class sizes are comfortable, and will allow you to get to know your professor (which is super important, trust me). Most professors here have taught or are currently teaching at 4-year colleges - Michigan State University being an example - so students are still getting a valuable education even though it is a community college. The prices are affordable, which gives anyone the opportunity to pursue a degree. Lansing Community College is a great school if a student is looking to transfer to a 4-year university like Michigan State University. They have multiple resources for student success, and being a student employee, I know that they are eager to help. All in all, Lansing Community College is a great starting place, with plenty of opportunities to succeed and excel.

Sydney

I think that Lansing Community College is an exceptional community college. The campus, staff, students, and faculty is comforting and resourceful. As a high school student that moves between two campuses, it is very easy to navigate; everyone is friendly and always willing to help no matter who you are.

Alexis

My overall opinion of Lansing Community College is that it is a great place to start college classes if you are unsure what you what do but depending on the class and professor you have the class can be a joke. The campus is super easy to get around and class sizes are small.

Cecelia

I love LCC! I believe community colleges are very underrated. LCC is especially great because they are so helpful. They have computers you can borrow, and their library is huge for such a small school. The class sizes are small and the professors are able to accommodate the students in whatever way they can.

Alexandra

There are many resources open for students to take advantage of. There are a variety of introductory level classes that students can take as well. This college is a great stepping stone for those who want to graduate to a larger college. Or, it is a great place to get associate degrees and certificates of completion. Lansing Community College is a good place to get some classes and degrees under your belt.

Jasmine

All they care about is money. Some professors didnt seem to care about the struggling students only about the students doing good in class. A 1 credit class was harder and had more work then my 4 or 5 credit classes. They were hardly and study groups and office hours are a joke.

Jose

This is a great school, there are many great faces around. I am from out of state and i have grown to like the school, i tend to got the learning comms often and everybody is friendly. There's always great conversation with a healthy environment.

Isabella

Lansing Community College is a great school to go to for transfer students. It has provided me the opportunity of receiving higher education with a generous scholarship. I was able to find my true passion and major in Interior Design and transfer into a four-year university. I met amazing people along the way and have met some of the best professors in my life at Lansing Community College.

Aaron

It is a great school, that I have learned a lot at thus far in my education. Great professors, class interaction, and help outside the classroom when needed. Lansing Community College is also very affordable per credit hour, unlike many other schools sometimes can be.

Madeline

While I only take online classes here, I have been on campus. The building's interiors are great, and academics are excellent. However, its location --particularly the main campus in downtown Lansing -- is completely lacking in shopping and restaurants and other things for students to do when they aren't studying. In fact, the city is completely run-down and not at all an ideal place to be. I think that LCC is great for people who are just starting out with their basic courses before transferring to a bigger university.

Ava

Lansing Community College is a great stepping stone to transfer to another university. It is very affordable and most of my professors are great! There is a wide variety of programs and class options. There are also a lot of opportunities for student employment.

Ritamarie

While we may not be a massive school or have a flashy reputation, we have incredible teachers who want us to succeed and do everything in their power to help us achieve our goals. As a part of the service careers program emails with job and internship opportunity's are sent out every week. The class sizes are small and allow for discussion and debate. Lansing Community College also partners with many other four year colleges, allowing students to complete the majority of their work at LCC and finish the degree with them. All in all I have been pretty satisfied with my education at LCC.

Brooke

My overall opinion of LCC is good, there are always people there to help you if you need anything and the environment is nice. The teachers at LCC are all very helpful with any questions that you need help with. You feel safe when you are on campus because you always see a security guard walking around making sure everything is okay.

Paige

I enjoy the school. I think the staff and faculty really care about helping their students succeed. All of my professors have reached out to students in my classes that were having any difficulties. They're very available for help. My only complaint thus far would be the set up of the financial aid office.

Lilyanna

Lansing Community College is a great college to get started at. It is the perfect college to gain an associates degree then transfer to a university for a bachelors degree. This college gives many opportunitys and is a great start for a college education.

Jordan

My overall opinion of Lansing Community College is very satisfactory. This community college creates the opportunity to obtain a higher education without paying what you would for classes at a university. So far, I have been satisfied with all of my professors. Multiple campus locations are offered, so more students have a chance to attend school that is closer to them. The staff and faculty are very attentive and helpful, and want you to succeed. It is a positive learning environment that encourages students to keep moving forward in their academic pursuits.

Lianet

I have been a student at Lansing Community College since 2016, and I have the best opinion about the college. As a minority student, being Hispanic, I got help in my own language since the very first day I walked into the college. They had several people more than happy to help me, guide me, and answer all the questions I had at the time. Throughout these three years, I got personal, visual, and by phone help with every question I came up with; 100% of the times, I got the issue solved at that moment, or that same day. I have not taken any unnecessary class, or course, and I will be graduating this year. I have worked with the same advisor for three years, and the counseling is outstanding. Teachers are extremely prepared and knowledged, I have received the best quality classes of my life at Lansing Community College. Teachers are professionals, but also excellent humans, what makes more comfortable not only the learning process, but also the professor-student relationship. The college is always super clean, organized and well stock with food for long days at school. The security is absolutely amazing, you feel always secure and safe, and there are all kind security methods from the classroom to the parking lot. They have a very effective message system so if there is some security or safety hazard, you will be automatically notified my email, text message and an additional phone call and voice message. There is also great and private areas for self-study with plenty of technological resources and flexible schedules.

taryn

Lansing Community College is a good college for someone with not a lot of money, and for people who like small classes. I have enjoy my time at Lansing community College because of the fact they have smaller classes and that they are cheaper then other colleges

hans

LCC is a great Community College that helps students become the future leaders of our society. There's always someone at LCC that will be there to help you if anything is needed. Very diverse and unique college, plus you can get an amazing college experience with all the clubs and activities that the College has to offer.

Josh

All community colleges I feel have a false stigma about them that only burnouts attend the school. This however is far from the truth with many of the students taking advantage of the schools affordable tuition compared to larger universities. The small class sizes and quality of teachers is something I greatly appreciate about Lansing Community College!

Simon

LCC's a great place to go to school if you're looking for transfer credits or retaking courses as an adult for which your credit hours have expired. It's relatively cheap, the scheduling is flexible, and you'll have access to a dozen and a half professors/tutors/random people who are around to help you with whatever you need help with. Finding parking is hard, though.