Laredo, TX
Laredo Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Laredo Community College

Hector

Laredo Community College is flabbergasting.

Laredo Community College is flabbergasting.

When I was in high school, I had the assumption that for my senior year, I had the oppertunity to just slack off and think I was superior from all the grades below me. I was wrong, DEAD WRONG! I was on the brink of being held back and not graduating. I had Dual Credit classes that I had to pass above average to get the college credit. I would've slept earlier, studied more, be more dedicated to find a job, cut my hair, and so on...I would've told myself that I should've just waited til I was in college, because the schedule is based on you, so you can make it as flexible as you want. I would've told myself to choose the school earlier than to have to do it last minute. Basically, if I were to tell myself everything that I'm doing now then, then maybe it would be a completely new revalation for me.

The facts: the community college I'm attending is just as equal as any other university I know. As a matter of fact, the college I'm attending used to be a state university, a museum, and a military base all at once, so it means the school has some of the original professors now since the university (at the time) opened. To me, the best part about it is that the college has a very diverse and well organized art department unlike the other surrounding universities in the city.

Armando

Undertsanding how difficult the process is between the transition from high school and college is something I did not know; an advice to myself would be to prepare as earlier as i can with the study habits, since I did not have a study time during high school. This plays a fundamental role in college, for everything consists of studying. Without the habit of studying, i will not get anywhere, so this would be an important advice i would give myself.

Everyone that wants to succeed in their pursuit of a degree is allowed, other than that, you will cope in the courses.

Readiness is achieved in any courses you take, being helped with a friendly staff and evcellent instructors.

Sasha

My school is very helpful, inviting, warm, and most important of all academically challenging.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell her to start at a community college first and then go to a University college. I would tell her these words with complete honesty and clarity. A community college is a good starting point to get a degree. There are certain advantages that meet with the students needs. The community colleges are simpler, the classes are more at ease, and the teachers are more calm with their students. This is the best advice that I could give to a rowdy high school senior like me

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lunch menu. Other than that, my school is not frustrating at all. They are very open to help any student who needs help.

Aida

Laredo Community College is for people who can't afford other colleges, who don't have a lot of time during the day so they take night classes, they offer great opportunites to all differenty types of people, and for people who want to make a difference in their lifes, its the perfect school to start a better life for a new beginning.

Laredo Community College is known for giving opportunites for people to find thier future. It is also known for for the men's tennis team, but both men and women have earned different types of championships.

My senior year was made of different experiences. I went through all types of situations and I am glad I had my friends with me. There are a lot of mistakes I made throughout my senior year, but if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would let myself know just to keep on doing what I?m doing. I learned from my mistakes, and if I don?t learn from them know, when would I? There are some things I would like to change, not mistakes but things I should have done. I would let myself know everything is not about just passing high school classes it is the first step to a new challenge which it will determine my future. College is a different familiarity and it?s something everyone should go through.

Calm, helpful, smart and unique.

Calm, helpful, smart and unique.

Laredo Community College has more of comfortable, relaxed environment which i think is necessary.

Not to worry and stress out so much about college. There's always someone there to help or guide you.

Fabian

There in class for one thing and one thing only and that is to learn.

There in class for one thing and one thing only and that is to learn.

I'll tell myself that its very improtant to stay on track and not give up because at this moment college becomes my prime. Study and always to my work.

People that don't care about there classes or the school. That they don't take the class seriers.

I would have applied myself more in my studies so I would have been able to receive more in financial aide. When I finish attending the community college I am not sure how I will be able to pay for the rest of my schooling. Universitys charge more. Also many of my friends have discovered that started out at a 4 year college and then wanting to change school that many of the hours they took did not transfer. Being that I am attending a 2 year college first transfering hours should not be an issue.

I was pretty well perpared as to enrolling and things.

Waiting in lines for financial aide and enrollment.

My classmates are typical. Basically what you expect at any college.

My classmates are typical. Basically what you expect at any college.

I would advice myself to really work hard in my classes and I would've liked to join some clubs or organizations.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. It seems like theres not enough spaces!

Laredo Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.