Laredo, TX
Laredo Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Laredo Community College

Hector

Since this is a community college, many of my classmates take school very light .

I have learned that life outside school is not going to be easy, that one as an adult needs to find a balance on school and everything else. Success of a student lies on the way he/she manages his/her time and the actions that are taken towards the journey to get to the end.

Well, in my opinion college and universities should be open to everyone with no exception, but us as students need to put effort in school too.

Ivan

I would advise myself to study harder. It is not easy to keep up with college work. I'd also say, don't let the college schedule fool you. Even if you attend classes only three days a week, that doesn't mean college is easy. You have to study hard, do your homework on time, and listen to the teacher. You also have to read the textbooks even if you don't like it. And also, I'd tell myself to learn to better manage my time. Set enough time apart to study.

You should attend this school if you either live close to it and can't go out of town; or if you want a cheaper alternative to a four-year university. You can save a lot by taking your basics at a community college first, then complete your last two years by transferring to a university.

Well, I'd brag that this school is very inexpensive. It is almost guaranteed to fit every teenager's budget, especially with the financial aid available. That's what I like most about this school--pursuing my major without breaking the bank.

Sergio

Laredo Community College is best known for it's location which is next to one of the fourth largest rivers in found in the United States. It is also best known for the recievement of current U. S. representative Henry Cuellar.

Nowadays, mostly nobody likes to take high school seriously. A lot of high school seniors think that since it is their last year there it is just time to fall back, relax, and party. Unfortunately that is not the case. On the contrary, it is the beginning of a whole new chapter in life. Therefore, the advice I would have given to myself in high school about college is study hard, plan ahead, and never fallback behind. First, I would have told myself to study hard for college because it would have helped me out by paying for it and also by making it a whole lot easier for me. Second, I would have also told myself to plan ahead because it helps out by keeping organized. Last, I would have told myself to never fall back because it waste?s a lot of valuable time. Consequently, if I would have listened to this advice before, I probably would have gotten tons of scholarships, better grades, and more time for myself. Hence, this advice now goes for all those high school seniors who are out there thinking about college, how to pay for it, and how to prepare for it.

I wish I had known before about it's job oppurtunities and student work programs.

Hector

Laredo Community College is flabbergasting.

Laredo Community College is flabbergasting.

When I was in high school, I had the assumption that for my senior year, I had the oppertunity to just slack off and think I was superior from all the grades below me. I was wrong, DEAD WRONG! I was on the brink of being held back and not graduating. I had Dual Credit classes that I had to pass above average to get the college credit. I would've slept earlier, studied more, be more dedicated to find a job, cut my hair, and so on...I would've told myself that I should've just waited til I was in college, because the schedule is based on you, so you can make it as flexible as you want. I would've told myself to choose the school earlier than to have to do it last minute. Basically, if I were to tell myself everything that I'm doing now then, then maybe it would be a completely new revalation for me.

The facts: the community college I'm attending is just as equal as any other university I know. As a matter of fact, the college I'm attending used to be a state university, a museum, and a military base all at once, so it means the school has some of the original professors now since the university (at the time) opened. To me, the best part about it is that the college has a very diverse and well organized art department unlike the other surrounding universities in the city.

Armando

Undertsanding how difficult the process is between the transition from high school and college is something I did not know; an advice to myself would be to prepare as earlier as i can with the study habits, since I did not have a study time during high school. This plays a fundamental role in college, for everything consists of studying. Without the habit of studying, i will not get anywhere, so this would be an important advice i would give myself.

Everyone that wants to succeed in their pursuit of a degree is allowed, other than that, you will cope in the courses.

Readiness is achieved in any courses you take, being helped with a friendly staff and evcellent instructors.

Sasha

My school is very helpful, inviting, warm, and most important of all academically challenging.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell her to start at a community college first and then go to a University college. I would tell her these words with complete honesty and clarity. A community college is a good starting point to get a degree. There are certain advantages that meet with the students needs. The community colleges are simpler, the classes are more at ease, and the teachers are more calm with their students. This is the best advice that I could give to a rowdy high school senior like me

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lunch menu. Other than that, my school is not frustrating at all. They are very open to help any student who needs help.

Aida

Laredo Community College is for people who can't afford other colleges, who don't have a lot of time during the day so they take night classes, they offer great opportunites to all differenty types of people, and for people who want to make a difference in their lifes, its the perfect school to start a better life for a new beginning.

Laredo Community College is known for giving opportunites for people to find thier future. It is also known for for the men's tennis team, but both men and women have earned different types of championships.

My senior year was made of different experiences. I went through all types of situations and I am glad I had my friends with me. There are a lot of mistakes I made throughout my senior year, but if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would let myself know just to keep on doing what I?m doing. I learned from my mistakes, and if I don?t learn from them know, when would I? There are some things I would like to change, not mistakes but things I should have done. I would let myself know everything is not about just passing high school classes it is the first step to a new challenge which it will determine my future. College is a different familiarity and it?s something everyone should go through.

Laredo Community College has more of comfortable, relaxed environment which i think is necessary.

Not to worry and stress out so much about college. There's always someone there to help or guide you.

Calm, helpful, smart and unique.

Fabian

There in class for one thing and one thing only and that is to learn.

There in class for one thing and one thing only and that is to learn.

I'll tell myself that its very improtant to stay on track and not give up because at this moment college becomes my prime. Study and always to my work.

People that don't care about there classes or the school. That they don't take the class seriers.

I would have applied myself more in my studies so I would have been able to receive more in financial aide. When I finish attending the community college I am not sure how I will be able to pay for the rest of my schooling. Universitys charge more. Also many of my friends have discovered that started out at a 4 year college and then wanting to change school that many of the hours they took did not transfer. Being that I am attending a 2 year college first transfering hours should not be an issue.

I was pretty well perpared as to enrolling and things.

Waiting in lines for financial aide and enrollment.

Laredo Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.