Livermore, CA
Las Positas College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Las Positas College

Drew

Las Positas was a great two year institution. It was easy to reach someone such as a teacher or counselor when needed which made the two year transfer progress go by as smooth as possible. Las Positas has a nice and safe campus where I have never felt uncomfortable with where I am. There are always clubs and organizations with booths around the campus that are either fundraising for their club or community service which a lot of people participate in. Their sports teams seem to be going strong such as swimming/diving, basketball, and soccer. The downside of Las Positas was that there were big class sizes which made it hard for students to spend one on one time with teachers inside of the classroom, but they had office hours that made up for that one on one time students miss out on in class.

Matthew

Due to the nature of community colleges, Las Positas doesn't have very many people staying on campus. I find that the professors are very hit or miss, but most of them are good. I've only heard of one club, the business club. I don't know many people on campus and I haven't made that many new friends because people seem to go to class and leave the school. I'm sure if I tried more I could make friends, but the lack of campus life makes it difficult. Overall, the academics are really good but social life is lacking.

Las Positas College has opened up a new world of higher education to me as a student. As a mediocre high school student I wasn't expecting to like college at all but as a began taking classes at LPC I realized just how wonderful learning can be. Every professor I have had has given me every resource available to students. Las Positas has been the greatest college experience I have had.

Amber

I really enjoy going to this school. The teachers are a pleasure to learn from. They care very much about student success and try to make each student feel important. The campus is very well maintained. Students are enjoyable to interact with. This is a good school.

A very great college. its great for those who wish to attend higher level school but either cant afford or arent ready for a 4 year college. classes are small, professors are nice, campus is beautiful. It is on a hill so you do get a work out though.

Reese

Overall, I think Las Positas is a good school. It's not my dream school but it's a good place to start and save money before transferring to a 4 year campus. They have awesome programs to help students succeed as well as awesome student clubs. They also have awesome buildings and are working on updating more. I would recommend this school.

katryna

Las Positas is filled with highly educated teachers and willing to learn students. like every school there are those few individual educators who lack communication skills but overall I have not had a horrific experience with a professor. the only downside that I have found with this college is the parking. I imagine like other campuses parking is always horrendous and sometimes it is difficult to find a reasonable spot to park. Only the first few weeks you might have to park off campus. Overall the facilities are great and very useful, the teachers are normally there if you need them, and the schools community is a great and safe place to be.

Laura

Las Positas College is a great school to start if you want to save money for the first two years of college education. I strongly recommend this school for those who are working hard, likes to learn new things, and are self-motivated. Although the majority of students only go to this college for class, there are really good student-led clubs, sports teams, a student government, and an award-winning speech and debate team that are open to all LPC students. However, we don't have a lot of school spirit because we don't have any dorms, Greek life, frequent school events, cheerleading, and football games. The food is mediocre because there are not many healthy options on campus. I do not recommend this school for those who are into wild partying and nonstop gaming because we don't have any access for alcohol/drugs and gaming is not allowed anywhere on campus except for the cafeteria and club rooms. The good news for gamers are there are two LPC gaming clubs: a Gamers' Lounge for those who are looking for tournaments and a LPC Tabletop Club for those who like card/board games. However, those clubs are recommended for gamers who are prioritizing good study habits over compulsive gaming. When it comes to educational opportunities, there is always counseling, library access, free tutoring, and office hours available to students who are seeking help on their educational goals. At last but not least, this college has one of the highest number of students who are seeking transfer to a 4-year university for a Bachelor's Degree.

Morgan

Each class mate I have come encounter with have all been very friendly and are truly unique and interesting individuals.

I applied to only Cal State University's in high school, so Las Positas is unique in that it is a community college and not a four-year university. It also has very small class sizes for the most part, and this was probably a big difference from the other schools to which I applied.

STOPPP! Before you decide to skip out on a university and stay home to go to community college, stop! Who am I? Oh yes, sorry...you see, I am you. Well, 2015 you to be exact. I'm here to stop you from making a big mistake, so listen up. Contrary to what you originally wanted, I am attending a community college. You know why? Because you decided that staying home to go to community college with your boyfriend was a better decision than going to a university. Bad idea, 18 year old me. No matter what you're telling others, I know you’re staying home because of him. Don't. Please don't. Sure, you didn't get into your dream college, but the others you did get into are just as amazing. This your time to grow; to learn and to blossom into your own beautiful self, apart from him, apart from your family, and leave your comfort zone. It’s time to live! Don't get me wrong, I've appreciated my years at Las Positas... but I know I would've been much happier elsewhere. You have great potential, kid. Don't settle for less.

Las Positas College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.