Lasell College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lasell College

Cherese

The school needs to definitely strengthen its bond with students and the students' bond to their Lasell community. It is so clear that there is a heavy disconnect amongst many of the students, especially in diversity where many international students are not as easily integrated into the social environment of the main student body.

Kaylee

Lasell College has a great location that allows students to easily take the train into Boston for concerts, internships, shopping, and holiday events. The social life is great and the campus is small and located in a residential and safe area. However, there is no easy way to get off campus besides going to Boston. There is a shuttle but it usually stays within a close proximity to the college. Living off campus is very expensive and not very feasible. The dining hall food is not great, but could be worse. Lastly and most importantly, the academics at Lasell are not very rigorous. Many of the classes are fairly easy and require little work to be done. Depending on your high school experience or difficulty level, Lasell could be quite easy, or a little difficult. I do not believe it is a school for everyone.

Molly

I like that the school is small because it is great for class. I wished there was more to do on weekends, any type of parties get broken up even if it's a small group in the common areas. The campus is cool because there are so many old houses, but I wish it was more of campus and there weren't families right next to the dorms.

Karlee

Lasell is a tight knight community you have the opportunity to become close with your professors. Lasell's Dorm rooms for upperclassmen could use improvement, they should provide on campus apartments in addition to the suites they already have. Lasell's connected learning philosophy really gives you the opportunity to apply what you learn in the classroom to the professional world and i really enjoyed that. Lasell's social life can be a bit boring parties are always in dorm rooms and many people go home on the weekends, but my overall rating of the school would be a 7.

jillian

The college is located in the beautiful town of Newton, the victorian style mansions are breath taking. There are shuttles that will take you to the market, other residential buildings, or even the train station. Professors keep office hours and are extremely helpful when it comes to helping students.

Olivia

I think that Lasell College gives students a great education, focuses on helping them prepare for their future in the work force, and gives you great connections. Everyone wants you to succeed. Students are very involved in extracurricular activities, focusing on making the campus the best that it can be.

I honestly love Lasell, the environment is great. The short walk to Riverside is great when going into Boston to have some fun. The food is alright, not that bad. Professors are helpful and will be guidance when applying for courses. Overall Lasell is a safe place!

Cherese

There could be better transportation means to the nearby attractions, such as more shuttle stops at places like Moody St or a ZipCar university membership. Diversity is celebrated by some but not many. The food is also okay but not great; they try to have more variety but often times it's the inconsistent quality of the food that kills one's appetite.

The fashion program is very strong and I feel like I have the proper connections and resources to succeed. The food on campus is not very good and campus life can get pretty boring. It is a nice small quiet school.

Lasell could do a lot more for the students with the large amount of tutition that we pay here. Ever since the construction of the building Lasell has gone down hill in accommodating for us. Also the dinning hall food is really not that great and there are not many options. The shuttle service is rude and does not take our students around campus as it should. And the sports are very limited even less than my own highschool was.

Rebecca

I love Lasell, the community is incredible here, even for our commuters. Plenty of opportunities, nice small class sizes (except for History and Ethics), the food is tolerable (sometimes) but the location is awesome and the people are even better. I could of gotten a better Graphic Design education somewhere else, but I love my school. Drama club rocks and the director Lori is the best.

Alanis

I transferred to Lasell College and could not be happier with my decision. Definitely a school FULL of creative individuals and everyone is truly so welcoming and kind. Class sizes are on the smaller size, your professors and advisors truly care about you, and the career-focused style of learning makes me feel ready for post-grad life. There is definitely a good party aspect of the school as well, especially for being a small school. Being so close to Boston is another plus.

Macy

As a freshman at LU (it's Lasell University now, not Lasell College) I have a limited experience so far, but the community overall is very welcoming aand I love the fact that it's such a small school in a suburban neighborhood so you get the benefits of a small school like small classes, getting to know your professors better, knowing most people on campus, extra safety, etc. but it's still just a short T ride away from Boston, where you can get the big city experience as well

Lily

My overall opinion of Lasell College is summed up by one word, community. The campus is very well structered together. Everyone there is involved in clubs and organizations, which there are several to choose from. It seems like a homelike college for people that want to feel close to everyone involved. I really love the community and how the professors are always there to help.

Devyn

I absolutely love Lasell College. I have been accepted there and I was fortunate to do an overnight visit and I instantly fell in love. I am hoping to be able to attend in the fall! I love the fact that everyone is friendly, there are fun clubs and sports teams, I feel safe, the housing is great, and so much more! I really hope to become part of the Lasell College community.

Olivia

What a great experience. I wish I could have stayed in school longer! I believe Lasell set me up for a great future in a career of my choosing. Its hands-on teaching style really allows you to experience what the real world will be like. Couldn't have imagined going anywhere else!

Connor

The classes are small and ideal for learning, the people are pretty accepting. The campus is small enough so that you know most of the people that go here, but large enough so that if you don't want to see people or just do your own thing you have the freedom to do so. Located in a historic district inside of Newton, MA there is no shortage of interesting sights to see and places to explore. The campus has two green line T-stops that are within walking distance, so getting into the city is quite easy! Overall, Lasell is a great college with amazing professors and incredible internship opportunities and I would highly recommend this school to any perspective student.

Camille

When shopping for undergraduate schools, it's mostly a question of how compatible you are with the school, and not the other way around. It's hard for an entire institution to bend over backwards to mesh with you, so you have to make sure it works for you already. This being said, I happen to be the kind of person that does well at Lasell. I take my academics seriously and feel Lasell does a good job of holding up it's end of the bargain with worthy professors that are happy to teach and help. Many students agree that Lasell definitely pools it's weight academically. Socially, Lasell could afford to do more. Since I don't party too often, it doesn't bother me too much, but there is a collective lack of things to do on any given night party-wise. In recent years, SGA and other student groups have upped the events so I see them actively working on this. I will say, Marathon Monday (largest social event of the year) never ever disappoints. Overall, Lasell isn't half bad, and the academics are worth it, but the food could use some more seasoning, if you know what I mean (coming from someone who enjoys rich and indulgent foods, so I could be biased).

Gillian

I have loved my time at Lasell so far. I'm at the end of my sophomore year and I'm confident now that this is the perfect school for me. If you're into nightlife there are always things happening throughout the week, and if you arent, campus activities puts on so many other events. We're right outside of Boston so we have easy access to all of the stores, restaurants, and pro-sports in the city. The food is pretty good and I think we have growing school-spirit and support for our teams and athletes. The professors here are amazing and I've only had positive experiences with them and my classmates. Overall, I couldn't imagine myself at any other school and I'm so glad I chose Lasell.

I absolutely loved my time at Lasell especially the campus life. On the weekends you will always find students attending various sporting events on campus. I love the support Lasell students have for one another and that really shines in athletics. I spent time as an athlete on campus for my first 2 years and absolutely loved it. It brings upon a great feeling of support on campus and it is a great way to get involved and meet new people.

Jasmine

I am a current student at Lasell University and choosing to go to Lasell is hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. The campus is exactly what I was looking for coming from a very small high school it was very easy for me to go get accustomed to the class sizes. I have personally lived in the Victorian Mansion residence hall option since my freshman year and I truly attribute my easy transition to living away from home to living in the Victorians on campus. Living in these historical houses really gave me a sense of home although I was not with my family; I also made very close connections with my housemates which made it an even more exciting place to live. I have gone to every single drama club performance at Lasell since my freshman year at the school. The club is filled with insane talent and they seem to have a very close connection with each other. The fall musicals are my favorite event every year; the school even partners with Regis College becuase we have outgrown our on-campus auditorium. I have also attended the fashion show every year for senior design majors and I am always blown away by the creativity. I have also loved going to a few sporting events when I get the chance. I mainly frequent soccer games and basketball games, both sports have a lot of school spirit at all of the home games as well as the local away games. There is always lots of high energy cheering our student-athletes on to victory. The dining services are rather good in my opinion. I have found every single staff member to be very accomodating and friendly. The food choices are always changing and the staff makes a valiant effort to take student feedback/suggestions into consideration when prepping for the next week ahead. There are a few stations that are always changing but there are also certain stations that you can always rely on like the pizza oven or grill. My personal favorite station is the stirfry station becuase you can customize what is going on your plate every time and the chef will make it right in front of you.

I truly love Lasell. I think people are quick to complain about things around campus, but all the faculty and staff are so thoughtful and truly care about the students so any issues that you may have are easily solved when you let someone know. There is always something to do around campus, whether it be an event put on by a school club or organization or a party in someone's room, big or small. The class sizes are small so professors really get to know you and it makes it much easier to put yourself out there in the classroom and push yourself. Overall I think Lasell deserves a lot of credit and if I had to choose a college all over again I would absolutely choose Lasell.