Susanville, CA
Lassen Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lassen Community College

Chloe

it is a great college overall with academics, sports, and environment. The Lassen volcanic national park is really beautiful place to hike. I would definitely encourage you to not put Lassen Community College out of your options. It's definitely an option you should consider to go to attend here.

Alyssa

I think the school has made vast improvements over the years. I started attending here when I was in high school, and the process to be a concurrent enrolled student is a nightmare. They don't have a lot of options for degrees, and they don't have a lot of classes, so if you're only planning on getting some general ed done, you're golden. They have a lot of library resources for any work you're doing, and faculty that are willing to help you with whatever you need.

Julian

Lassen Community College is a great school for everyone. They offer an online degree program for those who have busy lives, as well as the traditional in- class and hybrid options. This makes it very easy to complete your educational goals at your own pace and on your own time. The administration and financial aid office clerks are all very helpful and easy to talk to. They have helped me clear up a number of misunderstandings, all hassle- free. The student website is very well laid out and easy to understand. You can easily track your progress, plan your future courses, and check the status of your financial aid awards. Lassen Community College genuinely cares about the success of their students and make it possible to pursue any goals that you may have.

Katie

Free spirited and motivated people should attend this college. People that work hard and play hard. Outgoing and friendly people do very well at this school. People who are willing to take and give advice. People who are willing to help others when they need it. This school offers a lot, and you will need to be able to recognize that. We are proud of our school and we want to invite other people in that are openminded and willing to learn. If you posses these qualities, then you will do just fine.

High school seniors. Do not stress out about college. Try to accomplish one task at a time, and you will be fine. Apply for admission, scholarships, financial aid, and a dorm room. Become good friends with the college counselor. They are there to help you with anything you need. In fact, keep them on your speed dial. Also, do not be afraid to leave home; it will be a lot easier than you think. You will make friends quickly, even with the faculty at the front desk. You are not the only one that is scared. Actually, every single freshman is scared, whether they admit it or not, so do not be frightened to introduce yourself first. And, lastly, expect to have an "interesting" roommate. You may not always agree with her, but do your best to compromise. I repeat, do your best to compromise. If you follow these simple steps, I can guarantee that college will be a breeze. As long as you work very hard and keep your grades up and learn time management skills. Oh, and know that sleep is way overrated. Above all, live in the moment.

Do not be judgemental towards anybody. People here are very unique and outgoing and if you accept them for who they are then there is a good chance you will be friends. Everyone is different, but everyone gets along. You will learn things from every individual if you allow them to show you. We are here to learn and grow, but it is important that we dont live to work. Instead, we work to live.

kattie

My classmates are very nice and very helpful.

My classmates are very nice and very helpful.

If i could go back and talk to myself i would tell me that i need to study harder, pay more attetion, and do all my homework.

when i talk about my school to my friends i tell them how great my teachers are.

John

If I could go back in time and talk to myself... I would be tempted to tell myself to avoid Lassen for the reasons given in my ?why shouldn?t people go to this school? note. However, I think I did achieve much-needed experience at Lassen that I would not have gotten anywhere else. With that said I would advise myself not to worry about transferring to a big college just yet and leave it to do after Lassen, like I am now. Another thing I would tell myself would be to avoid all Correspondence and/or Internet classes, as I have found these styles of teaching are far less rewarding than the in-class experience. Another note is I found, throughout my time at Lassen, there were two classes I needed for a CSU that were not required by anything else; these I would make clear to myself that I would need. Lastly what I needed to convey the most to myself would be to basically enjoy my time at the small community college because no doubt, going to the university will be lots of work, so enjoy the peace while it lasts.

Lassen Community College is defiantly a school for those wanting to get a good start in college and don?t have anywhere else to go. For the Students of Susanville it is a great opportunity if one does not know where in life they want to go; also the cost of fees is extremely inexpensive. Lassen also is a school that has very sophisticated Gunsmithing programs, as it is probably the best in the northing part of the state. Furthermore, the Nursing program held at Lassen is ideal for the budding nurses and doctors to get their beginning training/degrees.

Those students who excelled in high school and are bound for highly technical fields in math, science, or computers might want to avoid Lassen. Although Lassen does have some basic Physics, Anatomy and Physiology, and Calculus, there really is not enough to meet all the standard General Ed prerequisites for these fields. Due to some hard times with finances and other factors the school has sadly lost a lot of its Computer-based classes; and for the young Computer Scientist these missed classes can be vital. Therefore students of these fields, Lassen is not the place for you.

Ryan

It was close to home and I was able to save money by going here.

It was close to home and I was able to save money by going here.

To come to class more prepared and develop better study habits. I would also tell myself to put things in priority and allow yourself enough time to finish school projects before spending time on something else. I would tell myself to know how to properly manage money to be able to cover the costs of college and all the unexpected expenses that come up.

It has a low student to teacher ratio so students can get extra attention and help if they need it.

Lassen Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.