Laurel Business Institute Top Questions

Noah

Throughout high school most teens give no regard to the future or the purpose of their being. My advice to myself, from my own experience, is to take advantage of the opportunities we have. We only have one life to live, and great people make great strides, this I have learned exiting high school. Being carefree is alright, but the seriousness of one's negligence quickly erases the very purpose of vanity. My advice that I wish I had been told is not to let opportunity standing at the door knocking. Seizing opportunity means opening that door and attacking it with all the might you have within your being. Life is like a flower, one day it is here, and it is beautiful, but the next is gone. All is for nothing if nothing is all there is. Nothing is the only thing that will be if opportunity passes and nothing is done. All is vanity, but life is purpose enough to strive.

If I could only go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, my life chapters would be that of a different book. I would tell myself that what I am about to decide will set the course for the rest of my life. It may not always be easy, but the rewards are far beyond anything I could imagine at this time. The freedom you will feel is new and exciting. However, don't let it cloud your judgement. Make sure you are choosing something that you will want to get up and do everyday. Life is a struggle no matter how you look at it. The future is often hard to see as a teenager, but be assured that it will happen. Be sure to make good decisions and be persistent to obtain the success you desire in your life. You will thank yourself some day and your future family will be better for it. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Let it be a beacon of hope for your life to come!