Southfield, MI
Lawrence Technological University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lawrence Technological University

Kaitlin

6 years later and I still haven't graduated. I'm up to my eyeballs in debt and probably should have gone to community college. The food on campus is so disgusting it has literally caused many of my friends to have medical issues with digestion. Very few options for students with dietary restraints. And if you live on campus you have to have a meal plan even though your dorm room probably has a kitchen. There are only a handful of teachers who care whether or not you graduate or if you even understand the material they put in front of you. Classes are small which can be nice but that also means they fill up extremely fast and it can be hard to graduate on time because of lack of availability. Lately all the school seems to care about is athletics, it's very easy to get an athletic scholarship but extremely difficult to earn one for academics. We've just spent millions on a football field and have no team. Personally I did not pick this school for athletics, nor did anyone else who registered more than 4 years ago, but now it's everywhere. The people have changed and it's not as good of an environment as it once was. If I could go back and redo everything I would. DO NOT come here, at least not for another 10 years, maybe by then they can get their act together

Jazmin

I love the small class sizes and campus. It is easy to get around and everyone pretty much knows everyone which is cool.

Fefe

Lawrence Tech is honestly a fantastic school. Professors actually know you by heart, and you can even become great friends. Academics alone is very fast-paced, and difficult, but its not impossible. Everything you learn will definitely be used in the future. Everyone is friendly also

Matt

As a transfer student from a large school, I am delighted with the attention to detail and care the professors give to their pupils. I also found that the academic application to the real world is also very good, as some of the professors also are active in industry, while teaching. The best thing about Lawrence tech, is the fact that the professors are not here to make a career out of being tenured, they are here to teach, and are rated by students in a way that makes the student's opinions more valuable. Very happy with my choice.

Stephen

It is a very good school with many professional connections, which is huge. However, there are politics as with any school.

The most popular student groups would be the fraternities and sororities. As for activities, Homecoming is pretty big.

The students at LTU are very close. Especially with those in your major. They are like family.

Mariama

Architecture and Engineering

Architecture and Engineering

Knowing now, I would have research the schools a bit more than choosing which one gave the most money. I would have also applied for more schools so I would have more options that I would be enthusiastic about. College life is mostly about being responsible with your time. If you can get the hang of that, making it through college shouldn't be that difficult for you. I would try to get more involved on campus though. Stay on campus so you don't get too lonely and disconnected from college life if you can.

If you plan to major in Architecture or Engineering, this isn't a bad choice. Computer Science might be okay as well.

Autumn

A lot of my classmates seemed to have a one set mind and thought less about the future. A lot students stayed in the streets and otheirs seemed lost.

The advice I would have given myself in the past is to find more ways to challenge myself. I would have told myself to work on my writting and art more. This achievement would have helped out in my classes for college. I would have more time to learn the things should have been taught in school.

Before attending Lawerence Technological University I wish I had more experience with my career during high school. My high school did not have a lot of academics and only taught the students what was needed for college.

Erin

When I was a high school senior, I was having trouble understanding why life was so important. Of course, this was a part of the depression side effect from the medicine that I was on for seizure control, and to go back in time would allow me to inform my younger self that “I have a strong spirit to fight against the medication side effects.” If given the chance, I would remind myself that I am fortunate to be living in the U.S.A and I shouldn’t waste time lying around as there are more important things to do during the last year of high school. In hindsight, I should have taken a more proactive role in understanding what I was going through, health wise, and asked for a change in medicine when the side effects became too much. Doing so would have allowed me to finish high school more smoothly, instead of a stressed-out semester that I went through. I could have also taken the advice to start applying to college scholarships as an early search could help me be more financially prepared to transfer to a private university this fall.

I consider the fact that Lawrence Technological University doesn't require a health and physical education course a bad thing. If society wants to decrease the rates of drugs, cigerettes and alcohol, then more upper education schools should require a course that teaches young adults the effects of the mentioned addictives.

The most frustrating thing would be the high tuition prices. Lawrence Techological University raised the tuition prices recently and their rates were already expensive. This would then push potencial students away, as they do not want to pay the hefty prices, and have trouble maintaining some of their student population because of the tuition bills.

Darius

Procrastination is your worst enemy in college. I am a huge procrastinator and I would have made sure that my high school senior year, I worked on and emphasized studying daily and not waiting last minute to do research papers and projects. Now that I am in college, I realize that it is harder to manage my schedule and school work because I used to always procrastinate. I find that a mentality change towards not putting things off is all I need in order to become succesful in college in the most stress free manner.

Lawrence Technological University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.