Southfield, MI
Lawrence Technological University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lawrence Technological University

Matt

As a transfer student from a large school, I am delighted with the attention to detail and care the professors give to their pupils. I also found that the academic application to the real world is also very good, as some of the professors also are active in industry, while teaching. The best thing about Lawrence tech, is the fact that the professors are not here to make a career out of being tenured, they are here to teach, and are rated by students in a way that makes the student's opinions more valuable. Very happy with my choice.

Stephen

It is a very good school with many professional connections, which is huge. However, there are politics as with any school.

The most popular student groups would be the fraternities and sororities. As for activities, Homecoming is pretty big.

The students at LTU are very close. Especially with those in your major. They are like family.

Mariama

Architecture and Engineering

Architecture and Engineering

Knowing now, I would have research the schools a bit more than choosing which one gave the most money. I would have also applied for more schools so I would have more options that I would be enthusiastic about. College life is mostly about being responsible with your time. If you can get the hang of that, making it through college shouldn't be that difficult for you. I would try to get more involved on campus though. Stay on campus so you don't get too lonely and disconnected from college life if you can.

If you plan to major in Architecture or Engineering, this isn't a bad choice. Computer Science might be okay as well.

Autumn

A lot of my classmates seemed to have a one set mind and thought less about the future. A lot students stayed in the streets and otheirs seemed lost.

The advice I would have given myself in the past is to find more ways to challenge myself. I would have told myself to work on my writting and art more. This achievement would have helped out in my classes for college. I would have more time to learn the things should have been taught in school.

Before attending Lawerence Technological University I wish I had more experience with my career during high school. My high school did not have a lot of academics and only taught the students what was needed for college.

Erin

When I was a high school senior, I was having trouble understanding why life was so important. Of course, this was a part of the depression side effect from the medicine that I was on for seizure control, and to go back in time would allow me to inform my younger self that “I have a strong spirit to fight against the medication side effects.” If given the chance, I would remind myself that I am fortunate to be living in the U.S.A and I shouldn’t waste time lying around as there are more important things to do during the last year of high school. In hindsight, I should have taken a more proactive role in understanding what I was going through, health wise, and asked for a change in medicine when the side effects became too much. Doing so would have allowed me to finish high school more smoothly, instead of a stressed-out semester that I went through. I could have also taken the advice to start applying to college scholarships as an early search could help me be more financially prepared to transfer to a private university this fall.

I consider the fact that Lawrence Technological University doesn't require a health and physical education course a bad thing. If society wants to decrease the rates of drugs, cigerettes and alcohol, then more upper education schools should require a course that teaches young adults the effects of the mentioned addictives.

The most frustrating thing would be the high tuition prices. Lawrence Techological University raised the tuition prices recently and their rates were already expensive. This would then push potencial students away, as they do not want to pay the hefty prices, and have trouble maintaining some of their student population because of the tuition bills.

Darius

Procrastination is your worst enemy in college. I am a huge procrastinator and I would have made sure that my high school senior year, I worked on and emphasized studying daily and not waiting last minute to do research papers and projects. Now that I am in college, I realize that it is harder to manage my schedule and school work because I used to always procrastinate. I find that a mentality change towards not putting things off is all I need in order to become succesful in college in the most stress free manner.

My classmates were supportive, sophisticated, and determined students that made education artistic.

The unique quality of the school is the innovations and the building students to think "green" and being able to inculcate it in the education is something that Lawrence Technological University is trying to instill in its' students. Being a Technological University means not only keeping up with the lastest technology but being able to stay two steps ahead of the products and getting students to think of ways to improve their community and educating their prospective employers on what they've learned.

The advice that I would give to myself is after graduating from high school, is staying focus on what I wanted to do with my life. Taking the Myer-Briggs test would have helped me focus on what I wanted as a career, and then choosing a University that would have the program that I wanted. Going to Lawrence Technological University wasn't a bad choice in attending school, because I learned alot and at the time, and it served its purpose. Going on more college tours would have been an adventure that I should have explored more, even though the two University's that I wanted to attend to Colorado University and Lawrence Technological University were my main choices, attending a college tour would have prepared me more for future studies. Knowing how to network with other students and professors would have been a good choice; seeking out a mentor that would help guide me throughout my education plan would have been crucial. I would say to myself then to steady the course, and hold on.

NaKeisha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself is to apply to colleges because if you don't go on to school now its going to be hard when you start trying to go back. It would be better for you to go to school now beacause when you look back you will say man I could already have my degree. Also Transitioning now won't be so bad because you might end up still going to school with a few of your high school friends and so when you get lost you might not be wandering around alone but if you wait you wont know anyone. Also if you go now you wont forget a lot of important information that you will need when you finally go back. So just do it now because if you don't I can promise you that you will wish you would have.

alicia

If I could talk to any teenage transitioning to college life I would tell them to relax, take a few deep breaths and realize they need the self confidence in order to succeed. Develop a game plan and know yourself well enough to make decisions about what time of day to take classes and when grades start slipping where to go for tutoring. Also start school with a budget, because being handed a big financial check on your first day often means eating off the Dollar Menu towards the end of the semester. Hard work pays off in the long run, but giving yourself an occassional break will bring you sanity!

Lawrence Technological University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.