Lawrence Technological University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lawrence Technological University

Leah

I could not be more happy with the time that I have spent here at Lawrence Tech. My professors are extremely kind and friendly people. They are so passionate about everything they do, and genuinely care about me while helping me succeed in any way that they can. I have had classes as small as five or six people and I am so grateful for the intimate class sizes. I have learned so much from only two years of being here. I could not be happier with my college experience so far.

Jazmin

I love the small class sizes and campus. It is easy to get around and everyone pretty much knows everyone which is cool.

shamira

The college allows you to have a better one on one time with your professors do to the smaller class sizes. Lawerance tech is the type of university that works with there students to solve any problems they may have to ensure that they get the best experience at there college. It a great college to enroll in.

Lizzy

I love the school and my time at it, it has its flaws like food and smaller problems but it makes up for it in its people and its curriculum. It is a journey I would do again in a heartbeat if it were a bit cheaper. The price is asking a lot but I have had talks with friends at other universities and they say that they wished their college experience was like mine.

Simon

It is a great school if you are more interested in learning than a party centered college experience. I know a lot of my friends went to CMU or MSU and their future is already suffering because they lost scholarships due to their GPA being to low. There is little to do at LTU other than focus on an education, so when you graduate you will already be making more money than your friends and having more fun for the rest of your life.

Fefe

Lawrence Tech is honestly a fantastic school. Professors actually know you by heart, and you can even become great friends. Academics alone is very fast-paced, and difficult, but its not impossible. Everything you learn will definitely be used in the future. Everyone is friendly also

Arial

It's a very good school with attentive teachers and nice people. Not much to do on campus but I commute anyways. I Teachers really care about whether or not students pass or fail, and maybe that's because the school has a rule against curving grades. But registering for classes every semeseter can be a hassle.

Andrew

The campus of LTU is a great campus its located in a great spot there are near by places to go do things and restaurants to go eat at or fast food places too. I've only did the online tour the campus looks like its a great one the buildings look very nice.

Kaitlin

6 years later and I still haven't graduated. I'm up to my eyeballs in debt and probably should have gone to community college. The food on campus is so disgusting it has literally caused many of my friends to have medical issues with digestion. Very few options for students with dietary restraints. And if you live on campus you have to have a meal plan even though your dorm room probably has a kitchen. There are only a handful of teachers who care whether or not you graduate or if you even understand the material they put in front of you. Classes are small which can be nice but that also means they fill up extremely fast and it can be hard to graduate on time because of lack of availability. Lately all the school seems to care about is athletics, it's very easy to get an athletic scholarship but extremely difficult to earn one for academics. We've just spent millions on a football field and have no team. Personally I did not pick this school for athletics, nor did anyone else who registered more than 4 years ago, but now it's everywhere. The people have changed and it's not as good of an environment as it once was. If I could go back and redo everything I would. DO NOT come here, at least not for another 10 years, maybe by then they can get their act together

Matt

As a transfer student from a large school, I am delighted with the attention to detail and care the professors give to their pupils. I also found that the academic application to the real world is also very good, as some of the professors also are active in industry, while teaching. The best thing about Lawrence tech, is the fact that the professors are not here to make a career out of being tenured, they are here to teach, and are rated by students in a way that makes the student's opinions more valuable. Very happy with my choice.

Henry

I love the class sizes and opportunities they talked about during my visit, but the university is also very pricey. I hope I can get the financial aid necessary to get here with minimal debt because this school showed me that their curriculum meant business. I could apply what I learn directly to the career I wish to go into (once I apply that is).

Alice

Lawrence Technological University is a great place to study. Its small campus size makes it easy to get to classes by feet. You feel bored? There's always something going on. You can watch a Football or Soccer or Basketball game or meet some friends in one of the many lounges on campus.

Victoria

Overall I believe that this a great school for people who are doing architecture and engineering. For those that are doing anything else should be able to apply for other schools. In terms of professors, they typically are a hit or miss. They could possibly teach you or they could have you teach yourself, you never know what you might get. The social life aspect of LTU is something that is the main concern. The concern that is the biggest is the number of underlying issues that happen among the student body. Overall this is a good student body though that works together well in the specific groups that they fit into.

Hunter

Overall, I really do love this school and how much it pushes it’s students to be our best. I think the smaller class sizes really offers a special approach towards learning and it helps me a lot. The worst part about Lawrence Tech however, is probably the food. It is tolerable but sub-par at best.

Cameron

I love LTU! I came here for the rigor of their degree and the connections they have to local industry. You definitely get what you came for here if that is your mindset. I feel like by the time I graduate, I will have many connections with people who will go on to be very successful leaders!

Ardian

I really like the small classes because, it allows more student and professor interaction. The small campus is great for people that like small and to get to class quick so not much driving require. The degrees to get in great careers like engineering can be great.