Pasadena, CA
Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Pasadena

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Pasadena

Rocio

This school is certified by Le Cordon Bleu culinary program this was very important to me since I feel that french cusine is the best base for any type of cuisine. Since my focus was on baking and pastry I knew that the schools certification combined with the availablity of a full time associates program as night school was this was the perfect choice for my goals.

If I could go back in time and talk to the 17 year old version of me I would convice myself to stop being scared and become the chef I want to be. I love this question because come this May I will officially have graduated from High School ten years ago! Knowing what I know now I would not focused so much on what people would of said. The problem with being a senior in high school is that this is pretty much all you focus on. The words "what will people say ?" or the thought of "what will people think?" was the main factor in the majority of my descions , boy is that scary, teenagers are so powerfulI if only they knew that the power was with them and they should stop trying to fight everyone and focus on self improvement now that's real power! . Since I graduated from a girls, catholic high school whether consciously or not I was trained to follow the norm to be sucessful. As I turns out it's not the truth it is more amazing to go against the norm because it makes reaching your ultimate goal that much more satisfying.

I wish I would of known that I was going to need pay for parking in pasadena. If I would have known I would have moved closer to school so I could bike or walk to school.

James

The most frustrating thing about my school is how far away it is located from where I live. I live in Santa Ana and school is in Pasaden, a forty-five minute drive on a good day with little traffic.

I wish I had known more about computers and Microsoft Office. It puts me at a slight disadvantage to have to learn this at a slower pace than the younger students in my class. I do enjoy learning about it now but I was just va bit to old for computers to be a required part of my early education.

Dear Jamie, You will need to knuckle-down and really develope better study habits in order to survive into the 21st century. Start hanging around the computer trailer at school and spend some free time learning how they operate and stay interested as they will be the most important learning tool ever developed. The entire world will work with computers You need to be very careful of how you use your credit as well. In the 21st century credit has gone amok and people are drownding in high-interest credit card debt. Used properly though good credit can and will open many doors of opportunity so pay all your bills on time and keep your balances low. Finally I would counsel you to do whatever it takes to get to a place where you can do whatever you want. Once you have made the appropriate sacrifices in life and paid your dues you will find satisfaction in that which truely makes you happy. You may have to wash dishes for a few years but if you pay attention and learn from the bottem up you may very well own the business or even a corporation.

Ilse

If I can go back in time and give myself advice as a high school student from what I know about college is to take your problems head on and don't let anything stop you from anything. If you stand up for yourself and go for the gold then rewards will surely follow behind. The more you conquer your fears, the more courage and positive attitude you will have. The more positive attitude that you have, the more people will look up to you and success you will have. If you fail a couple of times then don't get sad because everything is fixable. Going to a vocational school of culinary arts will have its scary and breakdown moments but the more "I can do it" thinking the more you can actually accomplish it. Remember to live for today and look forward to tomorrow always.

I wish I knew courage before I came to this school. I'm not a scaredy cat but being on my own and nobody helping me is pretty scary. I have to take risks everyday at my school because i use dangerous equipment. Everyone is much older than me at my school so they act tough and conceited which makes them vicious in the kitchen. With courage I could stand up for myself and take any risks that come in my path.

The worst thing about my school is that I can not have any injuries like a broken/sprained leg or arm because then i can not come to class. Since my class is a kitchen, I can not walk around with my disabled leg and I can not use my utensils with my disabled arm. Each class is three weeks so until I am healed then i can not go to school so I have to be extremly catious with my body now.

Julia

Going back in time I would tell myself not to stress so much. My decisions that I make along the way will soon pay off. Never regret what you do for you will end up in a very good place, no matter what the challenge.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend is one who hates to cook.

Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Pasadena administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.