Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Michelle

very friendly, helpful, brings lot os new ideas to the classroom.

very friendly, helpful, brings lot os new ideas to the classroom.

I'd visit as many college campus as possible to see if you "fit" there.

I grew up in Syracuse and always wanted to go to this school.

Matthew

First and foremost I recommend that students actually take the time to visit as many college campuses as possible that match the description of what you are looking for (with perhaps a few choices that our slightly outside your comfort zone). From there choosing the right one is a simple matter of asking questions that give you a reasonable understanding of what life is like there (especially if you seek on-campus housing) and choosing which you feel more comfortable at. Do not be afraid to listen to your gut-feelings (an important life lesson so might as well get started with it). As for making the most out of college, make sure you socialize with as many individuals as possible. Network (drop names, numbers, facebook accounts, etc) with people (and professors) and go to campus activities and even a few parties. This does not mean you have to drink. I recommend going to a few of them sober; you might be surprised by what you see. Academically speaking do not try to rush your education and actively participate (you will learn a lot more). More importantly take classes that interest you even if they are not in your major.

I really do not have much to say in terms of bad things about Le Moyne. While I love all of the professors at Le Moyne, they could do some tweaking with their adjunct faculty. Many of them are excellent but a few can be quite boring with tedious homework assignments that leave you just as confused as when you started and offer very little help at first (I think these teachers like to see us squirm). Some of the administrative departments can be a little frustrating to deal with depending on which one. They do a great job though.

I brag that we just got a $50 million dollar grant to build new science facilities and to develop new and existing programs while keeping the cost affordable. I also brag that as a liberal arts Jesuit college, we learn not only practical field-applicable stuff, but also the more important things like core values (all without jaming religion down our throats; they are tolerant of and actually encourage different beliefs). Le Moyne is a great school with professors who take a personal interest in their students. The student body is united and very active in their own development.

Meghan

Talk to people who have gone to the school so you can get the real story on how good the school is.

I could not stand the people in many of the offices who did not do their jobs properly. I also had some bad professors.

I had really high grades because I worked really hard.

David

The school is nice but students arent always welcoming

The school is nice but students arent always welcoming

As a parent or student in search of the right college one must consider the location of the college, the overall morale of the students, the size of the classes and the mission statement of the college. All of these things are very important; one must list likes and dislikes, comparing and contrasting the key points, and make a decision based on which college makes one feel more comfortable with the idea that four years of one's life will be spent there. Participating in shadowing a student at colleges one is interested is also important as it provides insight into what life is like as a student at these colleges.

I wish I had known the amount of drinking taht takes place and the little amount of fun social events.

Kristina

Dear Student: Good luck in selecting the "right college" in order to continue your educational enlightenment! I remember the dreaded process well... A Senior in a small public high school in upstate New York, I was determined to get into the top school of my choice, and because I had a high GPA, I thought my spot was guaranteed. I was wrong. Although not getting accepted to an "Ivy league" school was a let-down, I currently consider it one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I ended up going to my "back-up" school, still a very good, small private liberal arts college, and I learned the hard way that the college experience is for each individual what they make of it. As a Senior, working on my Honors thesis and about to graduate in May, I wish I had known earlier the advantages of getting involved in my own college experience. My advice to any incoming freshman is this: Take your own life by the reins! GET INVOLVED! Whether it's research, a new or existing club, music, theatre....just delve into this new, free world...don't wait, there's only four years!

Your college experience is only what you make of it....milk it for what it's worth. I wish someone had told me that and I had gotten involved earlier/found out earlier about faculty research opportunities, activities on campus, ways to get involved and make the most of my experience.

How the Jesuit tradition still instills a conservative spirit. There is no sex education or safe-sex promotion, there is gender-segragation in the dorms, and sometimes in jesuit-taught classes I feel pressured to act as if I believe in something I am against...

Zachery

I think that the most important thing for a student and parents of that student to do is visit the college. Get a tour of the dorms, and other facilities so you will know if you could spend four years living there. Also, try to find something that you think would be an easy transition. A school similar in size to your highschool is probably better. Classes with smaller student: teacher ratios seem to be nicer, and more helpful when getting help, or asking for letters of recomendation. Also, make sure there are jobs available for the student, whether on campus, or off campus depending on the traveling abilities of that student. Other than that, just make sure they ask for help when they need it, and try to get involved on campus, make you name heard so people know you. Connections are a plus.

I like to tell people about how nice the campus is and how well everything flows. I love living here, and it's so beautiful, no matter what the season. The first time I visited the campus was when I knew that it was the college I was going to attend.

The most frustrating thing about the school that I can think of is that it costs about 34,000 dollars to go here. It is difficult for me to pay this off because i'm an independent, and my scholarships don't quite cover my expenses. I struggle with two jobs, and juggling my school work to keep a decent GPA, and also keep my job.

Katie

Energetic, eager, willing to learn inside and outside the classroom, learning from all situations to better themselves as a whole.

Our school is best known for it's sciences and social science curriculum. Also known for one of the top service learning colleges that give back to its community.

The right college is out there for everyone. First, figure out what interests you, then go online and see what schools can match that. Also look for a school that has many majors because your major wil more than likely change. The best way to find the best fit for you is to test them out! Most colleges through the admissions department have tours and over night stays. I highly recommend participating in both of these programs. Ideally when picking out a college you want to attend there for 4 years, so if you have never stepped on campus how do you know if you like it? I recommend meeting with a professor and a student to get their perspectives. Find out the clubs they offer and other extra curricular activities. Ask a lot of questions. When visiting the campuses the moment you walk on, you'll know what you like. Also make a list of items that are important for you- what you are looking for in a school. Every college you visit, rank each item according to school to see which school is the best fit!

Le Moyne is the best decision I have ever made.

Le Moyne is the best decision I have ever made.

First, visit every school that you are thinking about attending. You need to feel comfortable there, otherwise it is not worth the money or your time. Secondly, get involved. Go to events, join clubs, meet people. This does not mean you have to drink, it just means get out there and make friends and have a good time.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.