Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Christina
Semi Decent School That I Enjoy

Semi Decent School That I Enjoy

Wish the school put the money we pay them to the best use. Recent renovations are an improvement but great work is still to be done !

Daniela

Dear Daniela, I know you're worried about being able to afford college and making friends but I promise you everything will work out. You have to continue to work hard and push yourself. Listen to mom and dad and apply for those scholarships and start saving your money because you know you want to eventually study abroad! Don't be afraid to approach people on campus I promise they are friendly. Involve yourself on campus. Make sure you study for your classes because they will not be as easy as those in high school. Most importantly go to class because the one day you skip will be the most important. Most of all believe in yourself. You may not always succeed but that does not mean you have failed. College will be a wonderful and eye opening experience if you take advantage of all the world has to offer you. You may not know what you want to do in life but stay focused on your studies and you will find your path I promise. Best of luck, Your future self (I know you can do it just have faith!)

The enviornment. The people are friendly and the professors and faculty make you feel welcomed and are helpful.

Someone who is not okay attending a diverse school and someone who prefers to never have things going on

Tessa

I'm not really sure I have only been here for a semester it seems that they have a lot of activies for individuals to particiapate in. Which is nice if you are somone who likes to keep busy and socialize frequently.

Not much really, I havn't really particiapated in many of the things that the school offers becaues I am still trying to get the hang of whats going on and how my classes are. But if you really asked anyone around here they would probaly say that Dolphy Day was the best thing that the school has here. It's like a holiday on campus where students dont go to class and the hang out in the court yard, the school provides food and entertainment.

simone

They are very friendly and diversee. There are alot of people students that are from differnt countries-- some are exchange students and many are refugees.

The classes are small enough to allow for a personal experience each and every time you attend them. Le Moyne is also really big on service learning and giving back to the community.

I would probably tell my self to not be so eager to finish the major course requirements. Instead, start with trying to complete the core curriculum first. I would say this because no matter how sure you are about what you plan on doing with your life when you first enter college, those plans are bound to change. You may keep your major and just decide to pursue a differnt carreer, or you may decide to change your career plans completly. The point is that the core curriculum will help you to really identify what issues and topics excite you and thus aid you in determining what career you want to pursue.

Alyssa

If i could go back in time and give myself advice in highschool I would definately tell myself to start working a little harder. In a way I breezed through highschool easily without study or taking classes seriously, which got me good enough grades to get into college but did not prepare me for college. Although I would make it clear to myself to work harder to prepare myself, I would also say to not center too much of time on work. To tell myself to work a little more but enjoy my time in highschool. Back when my only worries were what times I had to be to work, when cheerleafing practice was and what my weekend plans were. I did focus a little too much on my social life and not enough on school so college came as a big shock for me and it took some time to adjust to the class work and living on my own. I would make sure my highschool self was prepared more for college life.

The worst thing about my school would be the work required for classes. It is avery good school and yes, the classes are tough. A lot of writing is required, given it being a liberal arts school, and many core classes such as philosophy and religion are required which can be challenging at times added to main classes for your major.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the concentration on writing. Almost ecery class requires some sort of writin assignements they center around.

Erin

I love Le Moyne! I think one of the best things it has to offer is the location. Initially I was a little bummed that there was no "college town" feel, but once you learn how to use the public transportation/ school transportation/ have your own car, there is SO MUCH TO DO! Right down the road is Erie Blvd., which if you don't already know features just about every store imaginable. There are a variety of restaurants on the Blvd. too. Within 5 minutes away is a medium sized mall, and about 10 minutes away is the soon to be biggest mall in the USA. (Or so they say... regardless it's still an awesome mall!) There is also a nearby zoo, an imax theater, outdoor ice skating in the winter, and also SU basketball games (a huge thing for those of us in CNY!) Le Moyne even offers tickets at a discounted price and sometimes free, to these games. With all these different activities in the area, I still usually find myself just hanging out with friends watching a movie, playing bingo or something that the school puts on (they give away great prizes-- like flat screen tvs!), and sleeping..welcome to college! One thing I would change though, is the school cafeteria. By change I mean, I would add another one. There is only one main cafeteria on campus, and it's pretty centralized, but there are one freshman, and two mixed upperclassmen dorms that are kind of far away. (And by far away I honesty mean a five minute walk max but still, if you know anything about winters in upstate NY, then you will understand!) There are alternative places to eat other than the caf, but there is also a field behind the freshman and one of the upperclassmen dorms that I think would make a great space for another one!

My classmates and I have alot in common, we are all Biology Majors, we all live on the same floor in my dorm and we struggle with the same homework problems.

There is nothing that will hold you back more than yourself. I learned this when I ran for student government. In high school, I had always been involved in that club. Consequently, when I went to college, I wanted to continue my involvement. I discovered that only three students per class were allowed to be members. With 30 freshmen already on the ballot, I doubted that I would be elected. After contemplating about what could happen if I didn’t win, I added my name to the list. Long story short, I was elected and am currently an active member of student government. Had I let fear rule my life, I would not be where I am today.

A person that wants to be pushed to work hard and learn the matieral to earn their degree.

Danielle

I would encourage myself to keep focused on the value of a higher education. Know that nothing comes without hard work and sacrifice. Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So if you get the chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. It is important to understand that you will have to make many choices in life but it's the good choices that will lead to a happy and healthy life. Be proud of you are and where you come from. Only the strong survive and you are, and have always been very strong. Always lead, never follow. Be careful of the friends you keep - because birds of a feather flock together. When it feels like its too hard, take a moment and thank God for the strength that he continues to provide and trust and believe that he will see you through hard times. Don't ever be afraid to express yourself for you are a child of God and he has created you in his image - and he will always love you.

The school has a small teacher to student ration which allows for interaction between professor and student.

Someone who isn't a serious student.

Audrey

I love my classmates. There are so many different types of people at Le Moyne and there's someone for everyone. Sure, there's going to be some people that you don't get along with, but you just have to find who you fit in with, and you will. I've made some really great friends who I can tell will be my friends for quite some time. My classmates are open to the diversity at Le Moyne and are not quick to judge.

If I could go back, I would tell myself to have more confindence. In high school, I would always hold back and I was so unsure of myself, even though people constantly told me that I should be more confident because I had no reason not to be. I would tell myself to listen to those people and to listen more overall. I only used to hear people, so I would tell myself to listen with my mind and heart, not just my ears. When I went to college, I learned quickly that there would be no one there to make decisions for me. I knew this before I went to college, but it never became a reality until it was too late. So, if I could go back, I would definitely take more initiative, listen with my whole self, and have more confidence. They say you should have no regrets, but of course I make mistakes and wish I had done some things differently. However, there is no going back in time, so, even though I can't tell my high school self these things, I can tell my present self these things and keep them for the future.

At Le Moyne, I think the worst thing is the food in the cafeteria, which isn't so bad considering what else could have been the worst thing. Maybe it's because I'm so used to my moms awesome food, but the food just seems so mediocre. There aren't very many options and they serve the same food every week. More variety and options would make it much better. Only the cafeteria food is not so great, though. The Dolphin Den at Le Moyne, which serves food throughout the day and late at night, has pretty good food.

Deborah

I have gained new relationships, leadership skills, and a brand new outlook on life. Le Moyne has been a great transition from home life to being semi-independent and I would recommend it to anyone looking to further their education through an undergraduate institution.

The lack of diversity was definitely the worst thing about my school. I am african-american and I went to a high school similar to Le Moyne is size and racial make-up. Le Moyne was a bit of a last minute choice for me and I did not look at diversity. I am used to being the minority but for someone who is not, I would not recommend Le Moyne.

Le Moyne makes it easy to fit in. I feel welcome into any club I have interest in and enjoy all activities the colleg has for its students on a weekly basis. It is a small school so it is easy to get to know people quickly and maintain lasting relationships because the odds of seeing them walking around the beautiful campus are very high.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.