Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Daniel

LeMoyne college has a multitude of hidden problems. When you arrive as a freshman, there is a good chance you will be forced into a triple or quadruple. This means you will have 3/4 students living in a space designed for two humans to live. There are no hand dryers or towels in the bathrooms, so you cannot dry your hands. As a result of this, students don't wash there hands, and illness spreads like wildfire. Wifi is spotty at best and in my current living situation as a junior, I don't have access to the campus network. LeMoyne doesn't provide lighting in their residences or garbage cans on campus. You must purchase your own lamps and bulbs to light your dorm and you must carry your trash around until you get home. If you are lucky enough to have a kitchen, it certainly won't include a dishwasher or microwave. Despite all of these housing problems, LeMoyne requires students to remain on campus for all four years, and they even charge those who disobey this rule for the full cost of housing. On top of all of this, there is a massive parking problem. Don't pay for a parking spot, because even if you pay, you aren't guaranteed a spot. If the lot you paid for is full, and you opt to park in a different lot, LeMoyne will hit you with a ticket or even tow your car. Gunshots are commonly heard on the periphery of campus, and LeMoyne frequently fails to alert students of crime in the area. All in all, don't come here unless it's your final option. The housing is extremely outdated and over-crowded. Registering for classes is a nightmare as you won't be able to register for most of the classes you NEED. The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that you won't feel safe in certain areas of campus.

Sidney

Le Moyne is a very small school that allows professors and students to have 1 v 1 time. This makes learning a lot easier and really helps the student academically. The food is not the best, but there is off place campus places to eat. As a student athlete, I am very busy, but most students that attend LMC are involved with extra curricular, varsity sports or club activites.

Christiana

I absolutely fell in love with Le Moyne my freshman year! I loved meeting new people and getting involved in our community. Everyone on campus has phin spirit! I love going to our sports games and watching my friends play. We have such a welcoming and supportive community. I have loved all of my professors, they are all so personable. All the staff on this campus is amazing, from the teachers and administrators, to the lunch and janitorial staff! Our campus is so beautiful, especially around Christmas time! And have you ever heard of Dolphy Day? It is the best day of the year at Le Moyne and students look forward to it all year long! It is a day of school spirit, dancing, playing games, and hanging out with friends. I am so proud to be a Phin and I love Le Moyne College!

Christina
Semi Decent School That I Enjoy

Semi Decent School That I Enjoy

Wish the school put the money we pay them to the best use. Recent renovations are an improvement but great work is still to be done !

Daniela

Dear Daniela, I know you're worried about being able to afford college and making friends but I promise you everything will work out. You have to continue to work hard and push yourself. Listen to mom and dad and apply for those scholarships and start saving your money because you know you want to eventually study abroad! Don't be afraid to approach people on campus I promise they are friendly. Involve yourself on campus. Make sure you study for your classes because they will not be as easy as those in high school. Most importantly go to class because the one day you skip will be the most important. Most of all believe in yourself. You may not always succeed but that does not mean you have failed. College will be a wonderful and eye opening experience if you take advantage of all the world has to offer you. You may not know what you want to do in life but stay focused on your studies and you will find your path I promise. Best of luck, Your future self (I know you can do it just have faith!)

The enviornment. The people are friendly and the professors and faculty make you feel welcomed and are helpful.

Someone who is not okay attending a diverse school and someone who prefers to never have things going on

Tessa

I'm not really sure I have only been here for a semester it seems that they have a lot of activies for individuals to particiapate in. Which is nice if you are somone who likes to keep busy and socialize frequently.

Not much really, I havn't really particiapated in many of the things that the school offers becaues I am still trying to get the hang of whats going on and how my classes are. But if you really asked anyone around here they would probaly say that Dolphy Day was the best thing that the school has here. It's like a holiday on campus where students dont go to class and the hang out in the court yard, the school provides food and entertainment.

simone

They are very friendly and diversee. There are alot of people students that are from differnt countries-- some are exchange students and many are refugees.

The classes are small enough to allow for a personal experience each and every time you attend them. Le Moyne is also really big on service learning and giving back to the community.

I would probably tell my self to not be so eager to finish the major course requirements. Instead, start with trying to complete the core curriculum first. I would say this because no matter how sure you are about what you plan on doing with your life when you first enter college, those plans are bound to change. You may keep your major and just decide to pursue a differnt carreer, or you may decide to change your career plans completly. The point is that the core curriculum will help you to really identify what issues and topics excite you and thus aid you in determining what career you want to pursue.

Alyssa

If i could go back in time and give myself advice in highschool I would definately tell myself to start working a little harder. In a way I breezed through highschool easily without study or taking classes seriously, which got me good enough grades to get into college but did not prepare me for college. Although I would make it clear to myself to work harder to prepare myself, I would also say to not center too much of time on work. To tell myself to work a little more but enjoy my time in highschool. Back when my only worries were what times I had to be to work, when cheerleafing practice was and what my weekend plans were. I did focus a little too much on my social life and not enough on school so college came as a big shock for me and it took some time to adjust to the class work and living on my own. I would make sure my highschool self was prepared more for college life.

The worst thing about my school would be the work required for classes. It is avery good school and yes, the classes are tough. A lot of writing is required, given it being a liberal arts school, and many core classes such as philosophy and religion are required which can be challenging at times added to main classes for your major.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the concentration on writing. Almost ecery class requires some sort of writin assignements they center around.

Erin

I love Le Moyne! I think one of the best things it has to offer is the location. Initially I was a little bummed that there was no "college town" feel, but once you learn how to use the public transportation/ school transportation/ have your own car, there is SO MUCH TO DO! Right down the road is Erie Blvd., which if you don't already know features just about every store imaginable. There are a variety of restaurants on the Blvd. too. Within 5 minutes away is a medium sized mall, and about 10 minutes away is the soon to be biggest mall in the USA. (Or so they say... regardless it's still an awesome mall!) There is also a nearby zoo, an imax theater, outdoor ice skating in the winter, and also SU basketball games (a huge thing for those of us in CNY!) Le Moyne even offers tickets at a discounted price and sometimes free, to these games. With all these different activities in the area, I still usually find myself just hanging out with friends watching a movie, playing bingo or something that the school puts on (they give away great prizes-- like flat screen tvs!), and sleeping..welcome to college! One thing I would change though, is the school cafeteria. By change I mean, I would add another one. There is only one main cafeteria on campus, and it's pretty centralized, but there are one freshman, and two mixed upperclassmen dorms that are kind of far away. (And by far away I honesty mean a five minute walk max but still, if you know anything about winters in upstate NY, then you will understand!) There are alternative places to eat other than the caf, but there is also a field behind the freshman and one of the upperclassmen dorms that I think would make a great space for another one!

My classmates and I have alot in common, we are all Biology Majors, we all live on the same floor in my dorm and we struggle with the same homework problems.

There is nothing that will hold you back more than yourself. I learned this when I ran for student government. In high school, I had always been involved in that club. Consequently, when I went to college, I wanted to continue my involvement. I discovered that only three students per class were allowed to be members. With 30 freshmen already on the ballot, I doubted that I would be elected. After contemplating about what could happen if I didn’t win, I added my name to the list. Long story short, I was elected and am currently an active member of student government. Had I let fear rule my life, I would not be where I am today.

A person that wants to be pushed to work hard and learn the matieral to earn their degree.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.