Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Abby

Whats unique about Le Moyn eis that it looks at every student indivdually and does what it can to accomodate its students, whereas other schools i looked at i felt that they did not do this and that students were just a number in their book. With the other schools i looked at i had heard from prior students that they didn't always have to go to class and stuff but with Le Moyne it is different atendence is important and they also encourage you to go out and get involved!

Out of my college experience i have learned how to be more of a public speaker, not be so shy, and also learned a lot about life in general. College has taught me that time is a valuable thing and that i should never waste any of it because i will never get it back. College has also taught me not to take anything for granted. All my life i have never realized how such little things are actually more important than they seem. College has made me such an independent person and has taught me great responsbility. People who don't go to college are just shortening themselves in the long run because for me college has been one of the best experiences of my life so far and i have gained so much from it.

What i would consider the worst thing about is due to the fact that it is such a small insitution i feel that i may be missing out on some of the so called "college life". For instance at bigger colleges or universites some sports teams are huge, but at Le Moyne i feel like we dont really have that school pride and its sad. School pride was very big in the high school i went to and not being able to really experience it at college is unfortunate., but other than that Le Moyne is overall a great school.

Holly

LeMoyne students are well-rounded and are ready to further their education.

LeMoyne students are well-rounded and are ready to further their education.

I have got so much out of my experience at college so far. I have been getting more involved with activities. This allows me to develop who I am as a person. Not only will I find who I am, I will graduate in three years with one of the best education there is. I am very happy with the choices I have made and am glad LeMoyne has so much to offer for me.

The students at LeMoyne are like no other. Everyone is very respectful. Unlike other schools, students will go out of their way to hold open the door for you or start a conversation with you. The people that should not attend LeMoyne are the people that do not want to graduate from LeMoyne with a great education. The kind of people that should not attend LeMoyne are lazy people that are not seeking a good education.

Lisa

I have learned to live with other people besides my family. Also, I have learned how to live on my own and take care of things by myself without the help of my mom.

I wish Le Moyne had better off campus options for upperclassmen. Also, there should be more options of activities to do on campus.

Erin

When I decided to attend Lemoyne, I was somewhat worried about what to expect. I had wanted to go to a college with sororities and more competition in the classroom. I have found that everyone is friendly to each other and everyone socializes together. My classes are small and everyone is willing to help each other and start a study group before a final exam. Lemoyne has a smaller campus, which makes it easier to get to the gym, events, and classes. The layout of the campus mixed with the helpful professors and friendly classmates provides for a relaxing environment to recieve an education. I get so much more out of my professors and classes because of the size and that there is no cut-throat competition. Lemoyne is a part of a close-knit, warm, and caring community that takes pride in the success of the students. Although lemoyne was not my first choice, it would be my choice all over again if i had the chance. I have made life long friends and am getting the best education possible. I know I will have dolphin pride long after I graduate from Lemoyne college.

I wish i had known how much I would end up enjoying the school, instead of worrying so much. I thought I wanted to attend a larger more competitive university. I love Lemoyne it was the perfect fit for me.

The person that fits best at lemoyne is someone who wants to be a part of a close-knit community. Also a person who expects to have more one on one time with professors would love lemoyne. A lemoyne student has to have good social skills and wants to leave a mark at their school, not just be a number.

I am in my Junior year at Le Moyne College and so far, I feel as if I have grown so much intellectually as well as physically. This college experience has not only prepared me for the career world I am about to become involved, but I have also gained the knowledge to deal with real life experiences.

The most frustrating thing about Le Moyne is the Syracuse winters. The winters are brutal and very cold so it's hard to motivate yourself to leave your dorm to walk to class. Thankfully, this campus is relatively small so the walk to class isn't too long.

Jay

I acquired my Associate in Arts (AA) degree back in 2002. Upon receiving my degree, I transferred to SCSU and was enrolled in classes during the 2002/2003 school year. At that time I was unsure which direction I wanted my professional life to take. I declared a Pre-Business major but before long, I realized that it was not the correct choice for me. Being on campus felt like a prison sentence - like I was forced to be there. At the conclusion of the school year, I made the decision to stop attending and try my luck in the “real world.” Over the past 7 years I've worked various jobs and have been lucky enough to become a husband and a father. After numerous heartfelt talks with my family, I have made the decision to return to school and pursue a degree in a field that I am passionate about – teaching. I enrolled back at SCSU and begun taking classes this fall. Being back on campus feels AMAZING! I have a true desire and passion for the subject matter and absolutley love being back at school. The prison sentence feeling is no more - College has set me free!

Lorenda

So far, while being on campus, I have learned how to interact with people and to be more dependent on myself than anyone else., opposed to high school. Though I have a lot of freedom, I have learned that I have to balance this freedom and learn to prioritize what I feel is important. Attending college a significant distance away from friends and family has been my goal ever since I began to apply for colleges but actually being in the situation helps me realize that I am on my own and I have to make choices everyday that will effect my life and my success. I think that attending college is valuable because not only can higher learning make me a well rounded person, but the experience of being independent, meeting new people, and making choices that affect my everyday life play a key role in the person that I hope to become.

Le Moyne College is an institution that is small, yet homely, welcoming, and friendly. A person that is not interested in meeting new people and is ignorant toward other people should not attend this institution. At Le Moyne, you are expected to participate in different events and it is expected that you are respectful towards others and thier differences.

I brag about the idea that everyone is friendly and it isn't unusual to smile at someone you dont know and get a welcoming response. I also brag about how beautiful the campus is and its location.

Christina

Today was the first day of classes for my Senior, and final year, at LeMoyne College. Though it is trite to mention, it truly is a bittersweet day in my life. I know that there are great things ahead, and great memories to look back on. I also know that I am well prepared for the "real world" as my parents and professors often playfully call it. My college experience has taught me countless new lessons, both in and out of the classroom. Here at LeMoyne I have learned the importance of critical thinking and analysis, hard work, close relationships, and service to ones community, all of which are part of the Jesuit tradition that extends into and beyond the classroom. I have also learned the art of independence. Studying abroad in Florence, Italy, spending a summer as a psychology intern in New York City, living in an apartment with friends, and completing my own psychology research project here at LeMoyne have all taught me that I am capable of anything I desire, and can truly make a difference in the world. That is after all, as I have learned at LeMoyne, the true importance of education.

I wish I had known more about the library. The library has become a great asset to my learning, and I wish I had known how valuable it was earlier on in my college education. I know a lot of students at LeMoyne who don't know how to fully take advantage of all that the library has to offer, and they are always excited to hear that there is more there than they know!

Jordan

I know that my classes are giving me valid lessons that will help me reach my career goals. Professors will become long-term aquatainces to use as a resource, whether only in school or for business as well. The dorm buildings are full of people bustling about and enjoying one anothers company, and your RA's are always willing to help in whatever way they can. The school puts a lot of effort into not only making our education excellent, but also putting on safe and often incredibly fun programs for kids in effort to enforce their no underage drinking or drugs policy. Most everyone on campus is friendly and willing to lend a hand. Le Moyne was the best choice for me because it is going to get me furthest in my life goals.

Great Enviroment and people.

Amy

My college experience has given me many things. It has showed me what it will be like to live on my own; thus preparing me for the real world. It has also taught me how to be more responsible and how to better manage my affairs. My college experience has also helped me to overcome my fear of talking to strangers. I now have little problem with job interviews or just talking to the checkout person. On top of everything else, I have gotten a college education that I can use to get a job, and better face living on my own. College is like the training ground for young adults who are about to move out into the real world. My college experience has helped me grow up, and I know that I will do just fine on my own.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.