Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Joshua

The majority of my class is partiers,they love to have a good time but when work needs to be done they get it done

College has been an absolutely enlightening experience for me. I have been able to gain so much knowledge in my concentration and am excited to apply what I have learned when I get a job. I have been blessed to become an active member in the Le Moyne community and have had great times not only on campus, but traveling abroad to London to study as well. I have met the greatest professors that have aided me in so many ways and am truly thankful for each of them. Coming from a lower class neighborhood with no original drive for college, the decision to come here has absolutely been beneficial to every aspect of my life. With graduation soon this scholarship will help tremendously with my hopes in moving to LA to pursue a successful career.

It is a great place to socialize and the professors are amazingly educated and helpful.

Liggia

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far and why it is so valuable to me would be learning things about myself that I never knew. Some of these are negative and some are postives, but at least I am learning to identify them and change them if needed. I am learning to see people in a different way and not to judge them on the outside appearances. When you are in high school your views can be very limited and shallow because your just rying to survive and get through the next day. But just by the few times I have visited my college and interacted with my fellow peers, I have learned there is a whole new world out there and it is just waiting for me! My college exerience is so valuable to me because I want to be a well rounded and knowledgable adult so I can contribute to the world and maybe touch or help somone along the way! And in doing so, maybe they can then pay-it -forward! All it takes is a small step sometimes to make the biggest impact!

I believe the worst thing about my school is probably the expected cost. however, with planning and research you can find scholarships and financial aid to offset the cost to the same as a public school cost.

The type of person who should not come to this school is someone who is very closed minded and not interested in growing mentally. Someone with narrow minded views and not open to the differences in others!

francisco

a chance to higher my education pushing the limits of my learning capabilitys, having a goals to set for my self ether it be short or long term. a chance to meet new people go places and do things iv never done befor its the best experiance ive ever had and the best decision iv ever made.

The grounds are beautiful. The background of the green grass against the red bricked buildings are just complimentary of one another. Its a Jesuit campus, but you rarely see any Jesuits (so don't worry if you aren't Chrisitian). The atmosphere is inviting and seems that everyone is joyous., great atmosphere.

I have worked hard for my college education. It has definitely not come to me easy. I grew up in a large family with a small house and no one saved for my education. I have been working my way through college so to make sure that my future children have opportunities that I did not have. I have dreams of becoming a publisher or editor and eventually I want to write a novel. LeMoyne has become my "rock" in teaching me how to articulate myself. In having this strength, I have been currently published in a literary publication where one of my poems will be featured. My education has allowed me to grow and taught me how to expand what strengths I have to allow myself to become something and someone that I otherwise would not have had the opportunity to have become and has also given me the tools to do so.

I talk about my smaller classes. How everyone gets to be ingaged into the conversations and allowed to speak their opinions. Its great to know that if you have a problem, they faculty is their to aid you and make sure everything works out.

Andrew

Most of my classmates take a more vested interest in their education than I expected, even in the core required classes.

In the millenial world, it's almost impossible to succeed with only a high school education. It's been said that the undergraduate degree is the new high school diploma. I'm lucky in that this mentality flows with my inherit desire to learn and become more aware of the world around me, why it works, and what motivates society to act the way it does. Frankly, it seems irresponsible to go through life interacting with people without understanding to the best of your ability why things happen the way they do. I feel that attending college allows for a broader academic and social prescence in the world that will both help me develop a successful career and lead to greater happiness throughout my life. Nothing can compare to the valuable skills that I'm learning in my classes and the amazing friendships that I'm forming with the people on campus. Both are opening my world to new ideas that I would otherwise never be exposed to and I feel I would be a more incomplete person without those experiences.

The familial aspect of the student-professor relationship completely contradicts the norm. I've never had a professor who couldn't remember my name or had a TA who did all the work. The size of the campus helps maintain that relationship.

Ariana

I have learned so much while attending college. However, the one major thing I've learned is how to think critically. I believe that it is an important skill to have because it helps you make harder decisions later on in life without having someone holding your hand the entire time. For example, an engineer who has learned to think critically would be able to deciper on her own whether or not the bridge she is building is going to be stable. She would also be able to use her judgment to ask others when the situation called for it instead of stubbornly trying to do it alone. Critical thinking has been a big part of growing up for me. I have been able to witness in myself the ability I have acquired to truly think through difficult decisions. Whereas, when I was younger I would most definitely have had my parents make the decision for me. It's always good to seek another's advice, but without the knowledge or ability to test another person's words or opinions, then one will not get very far in life. That is why college has been extremely valuable to me.

Mark

I have been able to grow as a college student and a person. When I came into college right out of high school I was not ready, but with the help of some great people on campus I was able to defeat my own odds. I graduated with my Associates at Middlesex Community College with a 3.26 GPA, which is honors, while going through problems outside of school. I was able to keep a mental focus and I was able to succeed in the process. I have opened my mind up to many new possibilities. Keeping an open mind lead me to being in the Spring play and I was able to get an internship through the Vice President of my school. The whole experience of my first 2 years has been amazing. It includes the classroom, teachers, and people on campus. I try to make the best out of everything and my goal is to improve myself everyday. I have done that thus far and I only continue to keep that motivation going. College itself is a once in a life time experience and I love every minute of being on campus. It is a second home.

Omairys

Le Moyne was not my number 1 choice. Surprisingly, I have loved thus far. I have learned many things about myself, others, and the world I live in. I appreciate all the opportunities given to me at this institution and treasure the relationships I have formed. My college experience has been unique and I am excited to see what is in store for me the rest of my years. I am not the same person I was 3 years ago when I started applying to colleges and this is not a bad thing.

Someone who is looking for a place where they can make close connections with professors and make life-long friendships, should come here. I love my school because of this. I feel that I get one on one help from professors. It is a home away home for me, where I feel safe and comfortable.

Overall, the campus is small. Someone who is looking for a big university with a lot of parties should not come here. This school is what you make of it.

Rhonda

My college experience has given me a sense of pride, confidence, and hope for the future. The value of my experience goes beyond any degree that I will receive. I have shown my children and grandchildren that an education is important and that they can change their lives with knowledge. I am the only person in my family to ever go to college but I am certain that all of my grandchildren will, especially when they can look back and say, "well if Nanny did it, and she was better for it, I will too." Another thing, it has strengthened my relationship with my grandaughter, whom I raise. She is an honor student in high school. I realize how hard she must work to keep her grades up and she feels the same way about me. I wanted her to be as proud of me as I was of her, and she is. Whenever I think about how far out of my comfort zone I have gone since starting college, it brings tears to my eyes. I have learned so much in college, when I talk to my grandaughter about new things I've learned it makes for great conversation.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.