Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Jenelle

Despite its faults, Le Moyne College is a good environment to learn in with the smaller sized campus because it leads students to stay more focused and get to know teaching styles better in the smaller classrooms.

Having attended LeMoyne College for a year, I have received many valuable skills and learned things about the world, life, and myself through the entire learning process. The classes I attended taught me skills that I would need for future success, but what I found to be even more sufficient was the skills those classes taught me to succeed in life overall, not just in one focuses career. My focus of education lies in the Criminal Justice Program. The Criminology classes that I was enrolIed in taught me things that would greatly influence my thought process about crime. Crime indexes, people's attitudes and motivations for their actions, research skills, and a plethera of other knowledge relating to the course. After my first year, I also walked away with a better understanding of myself, as the advisors at LeMoyne were excellent. I learned that it is okay to not have a definate plan, which was my major concern over anything. I walked away from my first year assured that either way I would succeed in life as long as I continued to work hard. College is a learning process, not just education wise, but learning about yourself as well.

In my personal opinion, the worst thing about my school is that the food selection is not very desirable. Personally, most of it I find to be un-appetizing. Also, the cost of the school is a major con.

Brian

I have had the opportunity to grow and mature at college in an environment that nurtures development. It has been valuable to me to grow as a person and become independent and it has made me look at learning and academic courses in a different way than when I was in high school. I have loved the courses I have taken so far and especially the freedom that I have to select areas of interest for further study. I didn't have a major selected when I came to college and so the freedom to select courses to let me try them out has been exciting and stimulated my curiosity to learn. I still haven't totally narrowed down my major but I have learned alot about myself and what my interests are. College has been a great time in my life so far and I am looking forward to more learning discoveries when I return to school in the Fall.

The worst thing about LeMoyne College is getting used to the weather. Syracuse is located in a snow belt and we can get bad weather from November through May. The college makes up for it by trying to have speacial events and activities but one look out the window reminds you that you are in Syracuse.

A person who likes a large university and campus shouldn't attend LeMoyne Collge. LeMoyne is a mid size college and campus and it is easy to get to know your classmates and those in other classes. A person who is seeking anonymity wouldn't like this school because we all get to know each other.

Kimberly

The community based learning. Its like one big family!

The community based learning. Its like one big family!

credits of Organic Chemistry. Not only do I like to take on classes that I know will challenge me, but I also like pursue the ones that will stimulate me. I love walking out of a class feeling like I fired up neurons that had been dormant all my life. As a science major, I love that Le Moyne has provided me with so many interdisciplinary venues for me to expand my educational horizons. I get to advance my career in Neurobiology, but also get to explore my interests with both a double minor in Chemistry and Classical Humanities and also through the Honors Program. I have never been more provoked intellectually than here at Le Moyne, nor have I ever been happier. The Jesuit education at Le Moyne college stresses the completion of the mind, body and soul to a level of greater personal and common good. By chosing this college, I am living this life on a day to day basis.

People who want to be a loner. This is a community based school with a strong fellowship. We all want to know everyone and have a friendly atmosphere!

Erin

Attending Le Moyne College has not only changed me as a person, but I believe this school has altered my path in life indefinitely. I never imagined that I would go back to college to complete my degree, and this school has become a part of who I am as a person. I have such great pride in being a Le Moyne College student and will forever be grateful for the experiences that I have already had there and those that are still to come. As a non-traditional student I have witnessed the kind of learning and education that other colleges should strive to be like. I have had professors that have encouraged, challenged and inspired me on both personal and professional levels. Being a student at Le Moyne I have learned what it truly means to be a part of a school that educates the entire student. By this I mean that Le Moyne college goes above and beyond to educate the mind, body, spirit and soul. Attending Le Moyne College has been invaluable and I have developed skills, qualities and heart in ways that otherwise, I may not have been inspired to.

The kind of person that should attend Le Moyne College is open-minded and driven. This person should be interested in developing their lives academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. The kind of person that should attend this school should be willing to try new things, live life to the fullest and to push themselves to live up to their full potential.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is the perosn who is unwilling to change. This person would not be interested in working hard in school and to build lifelong friendships.

Aneliya

College is one of the best experiences in my life. I was able to discover myself all over again. LeMoyne College gave me the opportunity to unfold my true potential. It made me a stronger and more confident person. As a mother and provider, I deeply appreciate the value of college education. The past three years have been hard but rewarding. As a senior student, I feel well prepared to face life’s challenges and to make tough decisions. In addition, LeMoyne College gave me the chance to meet with some exceptional people and make good friendships. There is no question that if I was given a chance, I would do it all over again. I am proud to be a LeMoyne College student.

Gabrielle

I have gained the knowledge necessary to further my education from listening to my extrodinary professors. College life is in my opinion nowhere close to high school life. Although, I have just stepped foot in the college I am able to feel the difference in my surroundings on the campus. The professors treat the students and me with respect like the adults we are, my fellow students and I are all in the same interests to futher our education and therefore separated from the so called disruptive students in high school, and I am able to set up my schedule at my convenience. In addition, colleges have so much to offer their students whether it be study abroad, internships, or just educating words to absorb. Everyday in class I have learned something new and I would not miss one day, to do so would be no gain for me and furthermore no gain for the community that I seek to help. It has shown me to appreciate the value of education and all it has to offer so I can one day offer more in return. One thing's for sure college is just the first stepping stone.

I have made so many new friends and I beleive they will be lifelong friends that I will end up inviting to my wedding. I have also gained so much knowledge not only about my major, but other things like religion, history, and philosophy, (even if I didn't want to learn about them). It has been great to go to college because I am on my own and I know how the outside world works, also I have gained experience and knowledge about what I will soon have as a career and love to do.

I think the best thing about this school are the people and the class sizes. I did not want to go to a big school and I wanted it to feel like home because I knew I would be living on campus, and this college does feel like home to me during the school year.

You really should not go here if you think you can party every night and not go to classes. Although SU is around the corner and there are parties on the weekends, you still have to do the class work and attend the classes to get the grade and a great career afterwards.

Erin

I have gotten a good and challenging education as well as a balanced social life. It has been valuable for me to attend because I was able to meet different people from all walks of life as well as becoming independent and doing for myself. I feel like going away is valuable becaus eyou're able to experience new things and try new things. I believe that the work has been challenging but not unmanageable I also feel that even though my school is not that diverse, they try and incorporate alot of actitivites to ensure that everybody is being represented!

The best thing about my school is the size. Our school is a very small school (between 1,000-2,000) undergraduates in total. I feel that this is the best feature of my school because it's a small and intimate environment/community and because of its size, you're able to get alot of nurture and one-on-one which is usually what most first-year students and college students in general need.

A person who isn't motivated/serious or ready to tackle the challenging work we are presented should'nt attend this school.

An institution where everyone wants you to succeed!

An institution where everyone wants you to succeed!

Its a place where I have made many friends. All of these people help me want to be a better teacher. All of my professors really help this. They are interested in what you want to be and try to always make the class material focused around that. This, I believe, will help me to be the best in my future career because I'm learning so much more in every facet of my future career.

Any student! Its a great college which is very open to everyone. There is something for anyone to do. I believe that anyone could attend my school and have a great and wonderful experience!

Monica

I have enjoyed the opportunity to receive a liberal arts education, learning about a variety of subjects without being tied only to a specific career path.

Small class sizes allow for students to really benefit from their teachers' knowledge and attention

Someone looking to learn about themselves and figure out what he/she wants to do in life through in-class experience. Someone willing to take advantage of opportunites that are available on campus

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.