Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Being in college gives you a level of responsibility you didn't acquire before. You're forced to deal with problems on your own, and come up with a solution. Mommy and Daddy are no longer scheduling your doctors appointments, reminding you to get your homework done, and don't reward you for good grades. Doing the right thing and going above and beyond are actions your no longer rewarded for back in high school, these are things expected from you in college, therefore attending college has changed me as a person. It made me grow up and being independent.

Noah

College is inevitably a life changing experience that is crucial to growing both physically and mentally. Yes, undeniably, college can be a difficult for some, but it teaches us to rise above the obstacles in order to achieve our ultimate goals. So why is it valuable to attend college? It teaches us life lessons as it enables us to grow into adults in an environment that both encourages our progress, yet keeps us safe. Personally from my first year in college, i have made good friendships that i hope to maintain for years to come, as well as learn more about who i am. The academic experience was difficult at times, but it enabled me to hone my study skills and work well in group situations. The professors were great, and the atmosphere of the campus made me feel really comfortable and safe. Overall, college is a continuous growing experience as it shapes and defines the leaders of posterity, giving us all a sense of security and peace of mind.

Sometimes it is hard for commuters to get to know their classmates. this is a result of limited access to the dorms, so commuters are sometimes at a disadvantage

The best thing about LeMoyne is the community feel of the campus, as well as the small class size which yields more one on one interactions with he professors.

Le Moyne professors not only want you to succeed but help you to do so. The supportive learning environment coupled with the outstanding instruction makes this place a great learning environment. And - it is Jesuit, which means you're not just learning in the classroom. Your whole person is educated at this school, and it's something I have really come to value as I have been here.

During my time at Le Moyne, I have not only become smarter, but wiser. I am more conscious of the part I play in the larger world, and I have been able to make it a valuable contribution.

If you don't want to get involved and just want to take classes, this is not the school for you. The social life and community formatin occurs outside the classroom, and it is difficult for those who are not living there to become a part of.

Kiyoko

I was a Nursing major first, but I needed to change it to Liberal Arts/Business. I had a lack of confidence about my success in very competitive science classes in the second language at that time. I decided to take a chemistry class and met a fantasitic chemistry professor. Her encouraging, supportive, organized, and fun teaching style helped me to achieve an A grade in her class. Most importantly, she helped me to gain confidence to return to a Nursing major. I have completed all prerequisite courses needed for applying nusing programs, and very recently, I was accepted to CSU Sacramento nursing program. There are many professors like my chemistry professor at Sierra College. Without their help, I would not be able to open the door to attend the nursing program. The quality of professors is what makes attending Sierra College very valueble.

Bethany

College has provided me with a lot. For the first time I was really independent and had to make my own decisions based on my own personal judgement. I also have made friends that I know will last a lifetime. I also have become more interested in learning and have been presented with academic challenges that were not always present in high school. I know that the skills I have learned, such as time management, responsibility, communication, and a good work ethic will be valuable in the future when I go onto grad school and get my own job. I also, for the first time had to share a small room with another person. This gave me skills such as cooperation and tolerance which will also help me in future dealings with people everyday. I became friends with people from all different areas of life, and I am now more able to look past differences in people and see life from others' eyes. College has taught me many life skills that I know has made me a better person.

Someone looking for a very large school, or looking to play sports for a big name school should not attend Le Moyne College.

I brag most about the small size and sense of community felt within the campus. I love it. Professors are easy to talk to even if you are just walking by and don't have an appointment set up. They are focused more on their students and the students' success rather than on research and they also know you by name.

Alexis

I have found friends that I will have forever. I have expanded my interests with the help of teachers. I have been a work-study for 3 years and have gained valuable information. Going to Le Moyne was the best decision I have ever made!

Not very diverse, and does not have many extra-curricular activities.

Someone who likes larger schools, or a diverse group of people.

Kimberly

I am currently a Culinary Arts student at Albany Technical College. I am a 38 year old mother of three who have been awarded the opportunity to pursue my education and my delayed career. This have been a challenging experience for me but at the same time it has been exciting and innovating. It has opened the door to a lot of new possibilities in my life. This is an opportunity for me to be an example to my kids and show them that regardless of life circumstances and delays you still can succeed. This is an opportunity for me to prove to them and others that dreams can come true but it starts with you. This experience have helped me to see the unlimited possibilities and hidden treasures that was deep within me. Attending school have given me a sense of worth and a newfound hope for success in my life. It's not about the work because in order to succeed in life it will take hard work. This experienced have pushed me to levels that I didn't know existed in my life and I'm looking forward for the new opportunities and possibilities in my life.

Casey

My school is in general a more friendly, genial place to be. Compared to a lot of the other schols I visited, there's a real, palpable sense of community at Le Moyne.

I've gotten quite a bit out of my college experience; I've made new friends, pushed myself outside a comfort zone that, until recently, I'd thought was very rigid, and had several experiences that I won't soon forget. I've learned much and gained valuable experience that I think will prepare me perfectly to join the workforce (after graduate school, that is).

I don't really brag about my school too much; I find people that do highly irritating. When I do talk about it, I mention that we've just received a large endowment that will allow us to completely update our science program and possibly make it competitive.

Kylie

The size was perfect for me. It's not too small, but it's definitely not big either. It is also very close to home, which I liked because I am tight with my family. I love to play softball, too and they have a great program here. Most importantly, they are well known for their education program, and that is what I hope to do as a career.

I sometimes wish I could go back in time because my first year of college was hard for me. I had a hard time adjusting, mainly due to personal problems of my own. If I did have the chance to go back and give myself some advice (and what I DO say to friends and family that are still in high school, getting ready for college) is go all out. Don't hold yourself back from doing or saying what you want. The friends you make in college will most likely be your friends after college. Go after EVERY opportunity because those opportunities might not make a second trip, and it will be a learning experience that you might not get elsewhere. Talk to people, even if you think they will be people you won't like because they might actually end up being your best friend. Do activities that you have never done before because you might not get that chance after you graduate. Do everything you can to get the best college experience because just doing schoolwork will make any, even the best, school seem boring. Do everything you've ever dreamt of and more.

I am always telling them about the great activities and concerts they have going on here. There is a comedian every Thursday, and at least once a year, they have 1, if not more, well known artist performing.

Ranelle

Going back to my High School Senior year, my advice to myself would be to definitely take your classes more seriously. Especially those thta you intend to major in while your in College. Also do not limit yourself to only hanging out with people of your race and ethnicity. Try and diversify yourself and learn to understand different people. I would also tell myself that focus is key and try to stay focus with my school work and career goals. Make a plan to study 2 to 3 times a week for 3 to 4 hours. Lastly, I will tell myself that having a social life is important. Join many groups and try being friendly and not unapproachable. Although I have a lot of friends in College, I just wished my network of friends woud have been diversified. With this being said I would tell myself to not just befriend my own race of people but people of all color.

Professors are helpful because the majority of them tries to help you outside of the class.

One who is serious about their education, making connections and definitely who is not into large crowds.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.