Syracuse, NY
Le Moyne College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne College

Kiyoko

I was a Nursing major first, but I needed to change it to Liberal Arts/Business. I had a lack of confidence about my success in very competitive science classes in the second language at that time. I decided to take a chemistry class and met a fantasitic chemistry professor. Her encouraging, supportive, organized, and fun teaching style helped me to achieve an A grade in her class. Most importantly, she helped me to gain confidence to return to a Nursing major. I have completed all prerequisite courses needed for applying nusing programs, and very recently, I was accepted to CSU Sacramento nursing program. There are many professors like my chemistry professor at Sierra College. Without their help, I would not be able to open the door to attend the nursing program. The quality of professors is what makes attending Sierra College very valueble.

Bethany

College has provided me with a lot. For the first time I was really independent and had to make my own decisions based on my own personal judgement. I also have made friends that I know will last a lifetime. I also have become more interested in learning and have been presented with academic challenges that were not always present in high school. I know that the skills I have learned, such as time management, responsibility, communication, and a good work ethic will be valuable in the future when I go onto grad school and get my own job. I also, for the first time had to share a small room with another person. This gave me skills such as cooperation and tolerance which will also help me in future dealings with people everyday. I became friends with people from all different areas of life, and I am now more able to look past differences in people and see life from others' eyes. College has taught me many life skills that I know has made me a better person.

Someone looking for a very large school, or looking to play sports for a big name school should not attend Le Moyne College.

I brag most about the small size and sense of community felt within the campus. I love it. Professors are easy to talk to even if you are just walking by and don't have an appointment set up. They are focused more on their students and the students' success rather than on research and they also know you by name.

Alexis

I have found friends that I will have forever. I have expanded my interests with the help of teachers. I have been a work-study for 3 years and have gained valuable information. Going to Le Moyne was the best decision I have ever made!

Not very diverse, and does not have many extra-curricular activities.

Someone who likes larger schools, or a diverse group of people.

Kimberly

I am currently a Culinary Arts student at Albany Technical College. I am a 38 year old mother of three who have been awarded the opportunity to pursue my education and my delayed career. This have been a challenging experience for me but at the same time it has been exciting and innovating. It has opened the door to a lot of new possibilities in my life. This is an opportunity for me to be an example to my kids and show them that regardless of life circumstances and delays you still can succeed. This is an opportunity for me to prove to them and others that dreams can come true but it starts with you. This experience have helped me to see the unlimited possibilities and hidden treasures that was deep within me. Attending school have given me a sense of worth and a newfound hope for success in my life. It's not about the work because in order to succeed in life it will take hard work. This experienced have pushed me to levels that I didn't know existed in my life and I'm looking forward for the new opportunities and possibilities in my life.

Casey

My school is in general a more friendly, genial place to be. Compared to a lot of the other schols I visited, there's a real, palpable sense of community at Le Moyne.

I've gotten quite a bit out of my college experience; I've made new friends, pushed myself outside a comfort zone that, until recently, I'd thought was very rigid, and had several experiences that I won't soon forget. I've learned much and gained valuable experience that I think will prepare me perfectly to join the workforce (after graduate school, that is).

I don't really brag about my school too much; I find people that do highly irritating. When I do talk about it, I mention that we've just received a large endowment that will allow us to completely update our science program and possibly make it competitive.

Kylie

The size was perfect for me. It's not too small, but it's definitely not big either. It is also very close to home, which I liked because I am tight with my family. I love to play softball, too and they have a great program here. Most importantly, they are well known for their education program, and that is what I hope to do as a career.

I sometimes wish I could go back in time because my first year of college was hard for me. I had a hard time adjusting, mainly due to personal problems of my own. If I did have the chance to go back and give myself some advice (and what I DO say to friends and family that are still in high school, getting ready for college) is go all out. Don't hold yourself back from doing or saying what you want. The friends you make in college will most likely be your friends after college. Go after EVERY opportunity because those opportunities might not make a second trip, and it will be a learning experience that you might not get elsewhere. Talk to people, even if you think they will be people you won't like because they might actually end up being your best friend. Do activities that you have never done before because you might not get that chance after you graduate. Do everything you can to get the best college experience because just doing schoolwork will make any, even the best, school seem boring. Do everything you've ever dreamt of and more.

I am always telling them about the great activities and concerts they have going on here. There is a comedian every Thursday, and at least once a year, they have 1, if not more, well known artist performing.

Ranelle

Going back to my High School Senior year, my advice to myself would be to definitely take your classes more seriously. Especially those thta you intend to major in while your in College. Also do not limit yourself to only hanging out with people of your race and ethnicity. Try and diversify yourself and learn to understand different people. I would also tell myself that focus is key and try to stay focus with my school work and career goals. Make a plan to study 2 to 3 times a week for 3 to 4 hours. Lastly, I will tell myself that having a social life is important. Join many groups and try being friendly and not unapproachable. Although I have a lot of friends in College, I just wished my network of friends woud have been diversified. With this being said I would tell myself to not just befriend my own race of people but people of all color.

Professors are helpful because the majority of them tries to help you outside of the class.

One who is serious about their education, making connections and definitely who is not into large crowds.

Casandra

In Syracuse, Le Moyne is very well known for the amount of students who are happy here and support the Dolphins. Many people also know of Dolphy Day, a popular social gathering at Le Moyne that happens once every Spring semester.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would definitely tell myself to do a lot more research before picking a college to attend. I came to Le Moyne as a transfer student because I was dissatisfied with my other school, I picked it because it was far away, not because I enjoyed the campus. I would also tell myself to look into more scholarships, because it is very difficult to get loans with todays economy, and the low economic status of my household has made that process even more difficult for me. Lastly, I would tell myself to keep my head up and work as hard as possible on my grades. Unfortunately, my grades did slip towards the end of high school, due mainly to "senioritis." I realize now that if I had taken control of my "senioritis" that college would be a lot less stressful for me today, especially because I am trying to graduate early to save myself some money. There is so much I would tell myself if I could go back in time, but my main advice would be to work hard, everything falls into place with hard work.

I would have to say the worst thing about Le Moyne is the process of registering for the following semester. If you have an early time to register, then you're fine. However, if you do not then the site often freezes and it is just a hassle. Students who live on campus have the comvenience of going to Registrar for assistance, but commuters have the risk of getting shut out of a class due to the website freezing, so definitely plan ahead during the days of registration!!

Anna

It's a small college that teaches with in Jesuit tradition. The classes are very small and the teachers usually learn the of students in a class by the third week.

Dear Anna, When applying to college try to get accepted to one that is small, diverse and in a suburban area with access to civilazation (hehe). When in college try to be mindful of other people's up-bring and accept them for who they are. Become friends with people who do not live in New York City so you can get the chance to explore/ know more about life. Go on Spring Break outside New York State at least once. Most importantly keep a 3.0 or above GPA. XOXO

The lack of events for students during the weekend especially in the Spring semester. Lack of restaurants with-in walking distance like S.U.

Meaghan

Being small and friendly.

Being small and friendly.

When going to college, the most important thing to keep in mind is to just be yourself. You cannot be afraid to do what you love to do. Why should you not do what you love just because other people do not agree with you? Being open and true to new friends is the best way to make new friends. True friends will be your friend no matter what you enjoy doing. This is when you will make you truest friends that you will keep for a lifetime. They are the ones that you will be able to turn to when you need someone to talk to. You also cannot judge people before you talk to them. Just because someone may look like they are completely different from you, does not mean that they are. Without talking to them, you would never know. So when going to college, just be yourself and be open to new friends. You never know who might become your lifelong friends.

There are activities every week to participate and many intramural sports to participate in throughout the school year.

Le Moyne College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.