Syracuse, NY

Le Moyne College

« See more reviews of Le Moyne College

I brag that we just got a $50 million dollar grant to build new science facilities and to develop new and existing programs while keeping the cost affordable. I also brag that as a liberal arts Jesuit college, we learn not only practical field-applicable stuff, but also the more important things like core values (all without jaming religion down our throats; they are tolerant of and actually encourage different beliefs). Le Moyne is a great school with professors who take a personal interest in their students. The student body is united and very active in their own development.

Everyone at school feels like family. The people at Le Moyne are genuinely kind people, and they want to help others. The professors at Le Moyne also care about their students and want to see them succeed. Classes are small and I know many of my professors very well. I feel most comfortable at Le Moyne when I know I am cared about by friends, professors, and faculty. Because Le Moyne is small the students receive one-on-one attention and offers the opportunity for each student to flourish.

Not much really, I havn't really particiapated in many of the things that the school offers becaues I am still trying to get the hang of whats going on and how my classes are. But if you really asked anyone around here they would probaly say that Dolphy Day was the best thing that the school has here. It's like a holiday on campus where students dont go to class and the hang out in the court yard, the school provides food and entertainment.

Le Moyne makes it easy to fit in. I feel welcome into any club I have interest in and enjoy all activities the colleg has for its students on a weekly basis. It is a small school so it is easy to get to know people quickly and maintain lasting relationships because the odds of seeing them walking around the beautiful campus are very high.

I brag most about the small size and sense of community felt within the campus. I love it. Professors are easy to talk to even if you are just walking by and don't have an appointment set up. They are focused more on their students and the students' success rather than on research and they also know you by name.

I don't really brag about my school too much; I find people that do highly irritating. When I do talk about it, I mention that we've just received a large endowment that will allow us to completely update our science program and possibly make it competitive.

I like to tell people about how nice the campus is and how well everything flows. I love living here, and it's so beautiful, no matter what the season. The first time I visited the campus was when I knew that it was the college I was going to attend.

I talk about my smaller classes. How everyone gets to be ingaged into the conversations and allowed to speak their opinions. Its great to know that if you have a problem, they faculty is their to aid you and make sure everything works out.

The familial aspect of the student-professor relationship completely contradicts the norm. I've never had a professor who couldn't remember my name or had a TA who did all the work. The size of the campus helps maintain that relationship.

I am always telling them about the great activities and concerts they have going on here. There is a comedian every Thursday, and at least once a year, they have 1, if not more, well known artist performing.