Memphis, TN
Le Moyne-Owen College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne-Owen College

Daiyana

I love LeMoyne-Owen College. My parents graduated from their and I was raised on the campus. I transferred to LOC and was the best decision I have ever made. I have an extended family from my family. I am an athlete and the professors will work with the student athletes. The atmosphere on campus is just so welcoming to all students and that’s is what I love about MY LOC!

Teshira

i would like to get my GPA up.

i would like to get my GPA up.

There are a lot of African American student that attend.

Dingwel

Lemoyne Owen College provides a transformative experience educating students for urban-focused leadership, scholarship, service and professional careers

l realize that it can be very easy to look back and wish that things had been different in the past. But I also realize that things in the past cannot be changed, that only things in the future can be changed. That’s why I continually strive to improve myself everyday and work hard to become the very best by making a positive change. I look to the future to make changes in my life by introducing many new elements and abilities to a situation that I have experience with, but even more potential to grow into a better student, person, and a team player.

They offer the most affordable tuition rates in the country.

Crystal

Going back in time I would have to say to myself to listen to those around me. I really didn't want to listen to adults and most of the time I figured I was one so know one could tell me anything because I already new everything. I walked into everything blind and trusted everyone. Listen Listen Listen. You maynot understand now but you will.

Let's flashback to 1999...the year I graduated! If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would offer these valuable words of advice about transitioning to college life. 1. Do not take your education for granted! The job market in 2012 is much different than today in 1999. After surviving two job lay-offs in three years and suffering through 30+ interviews, you get tired of hearing, "We have hired another candidate with more experience." I have cried many tears of frustration because of my limited college coursework and constant after-interview rejection. 2. Take that motivation and use it to move forward! Do not listen to the naysayers! When I am feeling a lack of motivation, the fire that gets my engine running is remembering the hard life lessons I have had to go through and do not want to face again. 3. Finally, give back to your community when you have the time. The laws of good karma will come back to reward you and it helps to build your self-esteem.

SIERRA

Assuming that I could go by in time, when I was a high school senior and talk to myself about college life and making the transition… I would tell myself, “Do not to go to college.” Go get a trade; perhaps become a dental hygienist or medical assistance, but wait until I have sufficient funds to obtain a college degree.

The faculty tends to be over worked and under paid. At times, they are unorganized and it shows.

I tend to brag about the education that I am receiving and the support I get from my professors.

Cristina

Do not be afraid to go to college. It's a transition you go through the first time where there are responsibilities that will change through, to mature and make you change your own life. It is normal when you get to college you feel lost, we are going to study something that is not and then we start to explore new possibilities, and that is when we define ourselves and where we are heading. But, the colleges offer more advantages that are climbing a better job position, economic and even social, in addition to obtaining a better understanding cultural interest tours, university exchanges where they make relationships with people of our area that will open new doors in the future. In life there is time for everything and that is why we know this depends on choosing correctly shaping the future and complete the process of growth and maturity as individuals within a society. Running out of study leads to nothing, because although they say that college is expensive, difficult, etc it so not true, there are solutions all we have to do is find it.

kevin

My school is a small , but well maintain private university that strives on the student making the grade.

Please keep in mind the cost. Are there alot of students graduating from that school. Are they your color. Is your degree a degree that can be used in any field to get a job. Who is giving me the most money for school? Why am I going to this school? Will there be a second option that i might transfer if the grades are not being met. Is the instructors easy to understand or are they so technical you cant get a grip.

The worst thing about my school is how they do their refund checks and extra money that would go to off campus housing. They dont allow students to use that extra funds for off campus living. If you dont decided to use there dorms then you dont get that extra money. Then instead of getting your refund check after fees are paid they hold the money till almost the end of the semester which does not help the student at all.

Louis

I would probably advise myself on study habits, but other than that I think my transition to college was very easy because I am a hard worker.

This school is based on Christianity, therefore one is enhancing his or her knowledge and faith

There is not anyone that should not attend this school. Lemoyne-Owen college is a school that enhances leadership, opportunties, and change.

Le Moyne-Owen College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.