Memphis, TN
Le Moyne-Owen College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Le Moyne-Owen College

norward

people who want something in life, but easy influenced by peers.

people who want something in life, but easy influenced by peers.

I would honestly smack myself in the face! and say look, get it together this year man because your GPA is something that we both know has to rise or else we will be placed in the most difficult of financial situations. Dont you want to be able to go to college and not have to always worry about how you are going to pay for school? dont you want to be able to fully enjoy the college experience you so long for without having to focus on the day that you may have to leave college because you dont have the money to pay for it? well if these are things you want for us, then get focused, listen to your counselor, and do everything you need to in order get your GPA up, even if its just alittle bit, and start filling out any and every scholarship u can.

I wish I completely understood more about the school's hidden motives.

Dorothy

There are great faculty at LeMoyne-Owen that are extremely passionate about teaching students and preparing them for life long careers.

My college experience has been very unique. This is the first predominately black college that is also multicultural with a variety of other interesting ethnic students that I have attended. The experience is better than hands-on job experience because you do not normally have a chance to experience so many different cultures in one place. I feel that this is what real life is about, intermingling with all individuals on a equal playing ground.

I wish I would have know the total costs of attending LeMoyne-Owen prior to attending. I did not think that it would be as expensive as it is.

Brittney

My classmates are hands on in when it comes to class discussions, open minded about how they feel, and always willing to take an extra step to better their education.

The advice that i would give myself as a high school senior would be to stay more focuseed in class and try to avoid every late night function that goes on outside of school. That I am going to college to get a degree in the field that I love and not to party and have fun all the time. To prepare myself for extra hours of study to better myself in the education that is aforehand. That if i put my mind to focusing on what is best for my future, I would care less about what exciting party is going on that weekend. Also, to not give in to peer pressure and to stand my ground no matter what obstacle may fall in my way.

The only person that should not attend this school is a person who is not ready for college life. A person who does not look forward to gaining anytype of advanced paying job should not attend this school. Someone who is not looking forward to starting a career of their liking should not attend this school. However, if you are none of the above, this school will welcome you with open arms.

CHRISTY

I feel that a person should make the most of there college years, because those years are very precious moments that will be remembered for the rest of your life.

THE BEST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL THAT IT IS VERY PERSONABLE TO YOUR NEEDS.

I HAVE NOTHING NEGATIVE WITH MY SCHOOL. iM AM COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH THE TYPE THAT I AM OBTAINING.

Veronica

My classmates are very helpful and want to learn and excel in all of their classes.

Parents and students really need to look into the academic aspect of a school and not the name or party status. Parents need to make sure that the school is not that far from home where their child is not able to come home for a weekend to take a break from school. Students need to make sure that they are doing more studying then partying. Students need to remember that that is what weekends are for. Don?t fall into the peer pressure, it is not worth it. Friends will come and go, but your education will keep you stable. Before parents make that long trip out just to see their child, call them first. Remember college living is to get them ready for living on their own and the real world. Parents are not always going to be there. So, students have fun take advantage of being on your own, but don?t forget why they went to college. Parents need to be patient. The first year is the hardest, but their child will come back around. I just wanted to thank you for this opportunity and taking the time out to start this college fund. Thank You.

When discussing LeMoyne-Owen with my friends I brag about the learning experience. At LeMoyne-Owen College there are plenty of opportunities to have one on one time with my professors. Since the college is so small the class sizes are small giving me a lot of time to talk to my professor in and out of class when I have questions.

Rigene

My school is unique in the way that our class room settings are small and the teachers all master degrees or Ph.d in their fields, so therefore they know exactly what they are talking about. The teachers know the students by their whole name and not by a social security number! My school is focused moving us up in society due to its competiveness.

Parents should let your child attend the school that will nurture and mold your child into someone GREAT! Please send your child to a school that is not more focused on academics, and make sure that school had a strong department for what ever your child plans to major in. Yes your child needs to make the most of their college experience, but making the most out of it doesnt mean going to get side tracked. So send your child to a school that cares, because I KNOW there is at lease ONE college that does care whether or not I make my goals reality!!!

People who necessarily wouldn't like sitting in a class with a hundred students, should attend this school because it is small in size and you learn alot more. Its a more hands on school, so if people learn visually or by touching they should attend my school.!

Le Moyne-Owen College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.