Annville, PA
Lebanon Valley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lebanon Valley College

John

Lebanon Valley College is well known for it's music program, which may be the largest part of the campus. On top of that, we pride ourselves on our small size, and how it creates an amazingly tight-knit community of students and faculty.

Remember that it's OK to talk to Upperclassmen and Professors, they really are willing to help you. Also, make sure to study everything, even if you think it might not be important, and to attend even the most boring classes.

A few of the things I wish I had known before attending school are more of the activities offered, so I would not have been so unsure when I arrived, the books I needed for classes before I arrived, so I would have been able to insure I could have them. Also, that it's not like High School in one huge way, Freshman and Upperclassmen can interact, and you're not below anyone else.

Gala

I dropped out of school in the 10th grade. If I would have stayed in, I would have graduated 1972. I would never have dropped out of high school. In order to join the military, I had to go back to get a G.E.D. After 14 years of the military, I decided that I didn't want the military life anymore. It became hard to find a job, and when you did, it was promised to someone's relative. I decided to go back to school. The main reason I want into the military was for the education benefits. After a while, congress decided to add the VEAP program, which was not what I wanted. I left the military, though the buyout. In order for me to continue my education was to apply though the Voc Rehab program. I'm now paying back $37,569, which ended up being $26, 00 after taxes were taken. I wished I had stayed in high school then. I'm 54 years old, and enjoy going back to college, my major is nursing. I should have been a nurse, back in the 70's. My only regret in life.

Shuttles buses don't run long enough after the typical hours.

The Physical Therapy program here is awesome, the food is better than most other schools I visited, and I love the small campus feel. Everybody is like family, especially in my dorm. At LVC, they also have numerous activities on weekends that are usually free and a fun time for everybody to get together and relax!

Keep your grades up, study hard, and make sure you do what is right for you! Do not make decisions based on what others want of you, you need to think about where you want to go and who you want to be in life. Pursue your dreams and do not ever give up!

I wish I knew how difficult the classes would be. I am definitely receiving a great education, but sometimes I feel my study skills are not quite up to par. Otherwise, everything about LVC came pretty easy and it is not too hard to adjust to at all!

Michelle

Next year, you will be taking the next important step in your journey of life. In preparation for this transition, there are multiple components you can work on perfecting now, as a senior in high school. First of all, be sure to take your education seriously. Paying attention to courses in high school as well as challenging yourself with difficult coursework and excellence in achievement are useful skills which will be helpful in college. Additionally, fill your schedule with a variety of activities. A full schedule will force you to manage your time, one of the most crucial elements of success in college. Once at college, be friendly to your peers. Although you will feel uncomfortable and nervous at first, remember that everyone is in the same position as you are. Have no fear; these feelings will subside in time. Finally be sure to get involved with a variety of activities in college. Beyond providing escape from 24-7 studying, activities also give the opportunity to meet new people. Along with this, getting to know upperclassmen serves as a valuable tool. Since these individuals have already experienced freshman year of college, they are able to provide helpful advice. Good luck!

I wish I would have taken more challenging high school courses including AP courses. I feel taking these courses during high school, and passing the AP tests, would have helped me immensely during college by way of excusing myself from general courses. By already having these general courses completed and out of the way, I would be better able to focus on courses specific to my major.

The worst thing about my college is the cost required to attend. Although some scholarships are available, ultimately the price is very high. Upon graduation, I will undoubtedly aquire a great amount of debt in addition to my degree.

Kristin

Small school with terrific professors around a country part of PA.

Small school with terrific professors around a country part of PA.

Be open to new ideas and search for colleges of all types in your college selecion process. Also, once you get to school, be open to new ideas and participate in classes! Be social and talk to anyone that you meet because you never will make friends if you don't talk and speak up.

That city schools are more exciting and have more things to do and offer compared to rural schools in the country.

Bill

My classmates for the most part are dependable, trustworthy, and interesting people. Especially with in my major (digital communications), my classmates are genuinely nice people. Outside the major, there are plenty of thoughtless, careless people who are only here for the party scene which this school has somehow developed despite being small.

LVC is best known in the academic circle for having a fantastic music program. The Digital Communications program is also well known.

The best advice I would give to myself (and anyone else) would be to explore all possible options before settling - whether that involves major choice, college choice, or even school type choice. Always make sure you are going to be happy with what you are doing; if you are not happy, you are not doing it right. Always prepare; always expect the worst; always try to enjoy yourself (within reason of course - no partying). Making good friends is paramount to enjoying yourself. Quantity is irrelevant; quality is what matters. Cliff notes - Explore your options. Do what makes you happy. Prepare, work hard, and have fun! Make friends for life!

Kelly

I would give parents the advice of letting their kids pick the school that is right for them, not the school that is right for the parents. While it is imporatnat to stay within your financial budget, keep in mind the fact that you get what you pay for, and you can't put a price on an outstanding education. Also, don't be afraid to let your kids go and experience things on their own. It is important that they learn about themselves as well as their studies. Visit your kids once in while, but not too often. College is their chance to obtain their own independence and prepare them for the everyday tasks that they may face in the real world. Support your child's decisions! A loving and supporting family can make a difficult transition smooth and easy. Send your kids mail! There is nothing more exciting than opening your mailbox to find a letter or package waiting for you. Students, be yourself and don't be afraid to take chances. You WILL make friends and you WILL find your niche! Most importantly, live, learn, and love who you are!

LVC is a small, tough school that produces successful graduates.

LVC is a small, tough school that produces successful graduates.

Visit visit visit! It is absolutely necessary to look at all different types of schools and spend time there to get a feel for the campus and decide where you want to spend the next four years of your life. Once you make the difficult decision, you need to put yourself out there. Get involved! Do the things you enjoy. Yes, your classes are important but they don't define you. College is a life changing adventure. Don't get too caught up in your studies and miss out other things. College is about finding yourself. It's not the students with the best grades who succeed. It is the students who figure out who they are and what they want in order to accomplish their goals.

Class size. Small classes promote better understanding of course material and allow for student/professor interaction.

Nathan

It's not about the campus scenery, the amount of activities the college has for students, or the number of world-famous professors. It's about the people. If you want to make the most of your college experience, go somewhere where the people are kind and willing to answer your questions. A college can have a world-renowned academic program, but if the people are horrible, you will be miserable, and in the long run, not learn as much as you could have.

I wish I had known that it is not necessary to have a vehicle on campus if you want to do things around. I could have saved on gas had I known that most of the fun things are within walking distance of the college: bank, Turkey Hill, movie theater, etc.

Occasionally it takes some time for Facilities Services to respond to a request for something to be fixed, but that is understandable, for they are in charge of doing so many things that it will take time for them to get through the list of requests.

Lebanon Valley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.