Lebanon Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lebanon Valley College

Brianne

It's a great school

Kade

Lebanon Valley College was a beautiful school. While walking through the campus, trees and the scenery made the experience. All of the buildings were well maintained and were aesthetically pleasing. The food was above average. Since Lebanon Valley College is a small school, it does not have big restaurants. The atmosphere was kind and friendly. Everyone seemed to be having conversations and enjoying their time. Lebanon Valley College was an outstanding college due to its scenery, atmosphere, and overall size of the campus.

Veronica

Please save yourself and your money. This school USED to be good, now between the constant price hikes for no reason and the entry level courses flunking people out of college completely no one can catch a break. Entry level Bio and Chem is ran like the Hunger Games where if you aren't studying 24/7 or hardcore cheating there is no way you will pass with more than a C. If you want to go to Med school, PA school etc they will not guide you all that well and forget any help at all if you are below a certain GPA, which their own departments probably killed anyway. There is one or two teachers from every department in N-G that are honestly pretty fair however most of them have way to high expectations without giving the proper information or time needed to produce grad level results. When you try to go up and ask why you were given 3/8 on a long answer response question most of them will say " Well you're right, but you did not say what I wanted you to write down" . The students here are abysmal as well, anything to get the upper hand because, as I stated, it's like The Hunger Games at this school. Also they advertised this place was a diverse campus yet they use the same 4 POC on every brochure and picture BECAUSE THATS ALL THAT IS HERE PLEASE JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. P.S The Valley Ambassadors go on these sites sometimes and write fake reviews so beware of overly gleaming ones.

It has a beautiful campus and the students and faculty are great,but the only thing negative I can say is the food is absolutely grotesque, and the administration likes to advertise they are very accepting about certain when they honestly could care less.

Maryam

Lebanon Valley is a close-knit, inviting college with excellent academics, a friendly student body, and phenomenal professors. Any one seeking a top rate education should count Lebanon Valley College among schools that will give you what you deserve in a college level education.

Sydney

I love this school. It feels like home. That said, it's a very small campus, so if you make any enemies, you will see them around. It's easy to get involved with clubs and other people, and the professors genuinely care about students' success and well-being. I sometimes wish I would have gone to a school located closer to a bigger city, but I'm so pleased with the opportunities I have been given and the connections I have made here.

Lebanon Valley College is a great school for a small town boy or girl who's priorities include academics and athletics. Professors know your first and last name from day one, discover your interests, and treat you as a person rather than a number. They are always available and want to help you be successful. Classes are small, so you are able to get the attention you need and can always see the boards. On the other hand, when it comes to social life, athletics win the trophy. Sporting events are the main entertainment and students are supportive of each other. Most of the campus consists of student athletes, but there are other opportunities to get involved including student government, Valley Fest, and small greek life among other groups. In regards to general student life, the oldest (worst) dorm has been renovated since I graduated, off-campus housing is incredibly affordable, and while the food is not always the greatest, the cafe staff is. Lebanon Valley College had everything to prepare me for a successful future. I graduated with a BS in Chemistry in 3 years while playing a varsity sport and have been accepted to medical school. Nonetheless, LVC was too small for me at times and in a small town with minimal opportunities outside of campus. Overall, I would recommend LVC to students in search of a small community that will challenge them academically and athletically, but not to students who are more attracted to the "college party" atmosphere.

Conner

Expensive school in a town that has nothing going on. Very quiet and nothing to do unless you like lots of can-jam. I cannot say for other majors but if your looking at LVC for exercise science or athletic training I advise looking elsewhere. The program is still new and they are trying to improve it but that is a long road ahead. My overall experience in my major is professors who either are not there for half the semester, professors who are unqualified to teach with students going to the school about it and still having the professor teach again the next year. There are a FEW professors who I am glad to of had as a professor, they made the course fun, made sure you knew the material and held as many reviews as possible. I could not of asked for a better professor then them BUT sadly there was few of them. Course schedule was misleading and classes not entirely advised. Had to take a course senior year that should of been taken care of freshmen year. All in all I felt like the school was just making sure I failed most of my classes and every year wish I would of picked another school. TL/DR. probably nice college for anyone not looking into getting exercise science. If your looking for exercise science this school should be your LAST resort.

Shaquel

The academic life is good, but the social atmosphere could use some excitement. It is a liberal arts school I would also like to see more creative thinking and involvement from the students towards social activities. The support for the minorities in campus could also be more extensive.

Karen

My daughter attends the college and she loves it ! She has commented about her professors not only being great teachers, but they are also 'real' people. They seem to understand that everybody has a life outside the classroom. They are demanding, but not over the top. There are lots of opportunities for her to get involved in clubs and events. The social life keeps her busy when she is not in class. She seems to have a very balanced lifestyle.

Keiko

It's a dream to be here. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. I get along better with people here than high school, and my roommate is my best friend. The food is moderately okay, but I'm hoping that since Metz's contract is up this year, they go with someone else to provide the food. If you're looking to be some sort of music teacher whether it be education, performance, recording tech, etc., LVC is the place to be.

Alexis

In my opinion, Lebanon Valley is very expensive, but very worth it. I commute so I cannot say much about living on campus, but I can tell you that the academics are amazing. Lebanon Valley's professors are there for the students, not for the paycheck. I always have access to my professors and they are always willing to help. I have gone to other professors to help me proof read papers for another class and they are always willing. They have great connections to the job market and they teach you not just what you need to know for your job, but how to get the job first. Transferring to LVC was the best decision of my life and I would never second guess that.

Erika

Lebanon Valley College is a unique, small, liberal arts college with an amazing family atmosphere. The classes sizes are fairly small which provides students with individualized learning opportunity and a chance to get to know their professors on a personal level. The college has plenty of amazing activities to do on campus. They also offer exquisite travel opportunities on the weekends, which are paid for in the tuition. Lebanon Valley College also has many amazing educational opportunities. I believe it is the best college in Pennsylvania, even the United States! Go Dutchmen!

Julie

I am extremely impressed by the professional lengths this college goes to in preparing students to join the workforce. Not to mention, the numerous clubs and activities provided at this campus give students opportunities to explore their abilities and become a more active member of the community.