Lee University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Lee University

Kassidy

Lee University is such a great place to learn and build community. I have been challenged in ways that I never have been before, in a good way! My friends here are the best I've ever had and the professors are so supportive. I was told that professors would not care about you in college but that is not the case at Lee.

Christopher

I have a hearing impairment. While I was a student, I had some teachers who refused to work with it, or refused to believe that I actually have a disability. I honestly had a really big issue with the financial aid department as well. When I capped out my student loans, they wouldn't help me find funding to complete my education.

Kaitlyn

I had a rough time with campus life. I went through a lot of stuff with terrible roommates. For a Baptist missionary kid, the overwhelming Church of God presence was way too much, for one. People were willing to talk but often critical of my thoughts. There are definitely people for everyone there, but campus life was definitely not for me. I am now doing their online classes and love them.

Julianna

Lee is a great school and a beautiful campus. The professors are wonderfully attentive and are really understanding about missing class and make up work. Class sizes don't get bigger than 100 due to the universities size. The only bad thing is the cafeteria isn't the best quality food. There are other options for food on campus so it's not like you're stuck with crappy food all the time.

Bridget

I really love Lee University. It is a school close to my heart. It is a Christian Private School, but even if we are not all the same denominations I see a love for God everywhere. The professors care and make time for you to come to them. The students are all welcoming and driven. I believe it is a safe campus. Lee is beautiful too and President Dr.Conn is great! Everybody loves him!

Jana

Lee is a place for everyone. There are Greek clubs, Student Leadership Council, music groups, bands, other service clubs, and more. The professors are all here completely for our benefit, and would do anything to help us succeed. My spiritual and adult life has been shaped and influenced in so many amazing ways since attending this beautiful university that I now call home!

Madison

Overall, Lee University is a beautiful campus and has a wonderful environment. It is not so big that you can't walk anywhere, but it's also big enough to get a good college experience! The professors are so generous and actually care about their students and that they are learning.

JoEllen

Lee University is a great school. It is very diverse, and that helps me grow and become more open-minded. The campus offers a very homey atmosphere that makes any student feel like they are where they belong. The academics are great, and the professors really care a lot about their students. Overall, Lee is a great school.

Destiny

I love Lee! It is a great university with an at-home environment. The people are friendly and the small class size allows you to make friends in and outside of class. The cafeteria could uses better food, but the staff are always very friendly. All in all I've had a great experience so far!

Chanmony

I love learning and living at Lee. The academics are great. I have enjoyed almost all of professors. They take a personal interest in you, and I have even been over to three different professors' houses in just two semesters. Perhaps the part that stands out most to me is the community. I feel at home at Lee. People care, from fellow students to professors to Reslife, and they want to help you in your journey. That includes spiritually, wherever you are. If you want to somewhere where you can pursue Jesus with other people who want the same, check out Lee. If you are questioning what you believe, check out Lee.

Macaella

I absolutely love Lee University! I am not looking forward to leaving for break. This place feels like home to me, I am so glad I decided to attend Lee University! The campus atmosphere is safe and friendly. You can find people anywhere studying or just hanging out. I would recommend Lee to anyone.

McKalah

I am so grateful to attend Lee University because of the Christ centered atmosphere, the challenging academic classes, and how friendly everyone on the campus is. I could not imagine being at another university. There is really no explanation on how great Lee really is.

Carlie

Lee University is a great institution focused on academics, community outreach, and a family environment. I could not possibly come up with anything that I do not like about it. They are very helpful in all areas and have professors that truly care about their students. It is definitely one of the best universities out there.

Ruth

Lee University is one of my favorite places on Earth. Although it has its downsides, such as the cafeteria, the small town location, and the odd woman to man ratio (about 10% more women currently attend Lee than men), the upsides more than make up for them. The professors at Lee are brilliant. We have one of the top scholars in the world in our Humanities department, we have deep thinkers and, not only are they are brilliant teachers, they also care. They take the time to work with students who are struggling, as well as time to have personal relationships with their students. The campus is beautiful. From the stone chapel, to the science and math complex, to the new nursing building, the structures on campus are gorgeous and functional. The grounds themselves are also beautiful, with three separate parks, and beautiful lawns between buildings. The community is unlike anywhere else. The students at Lee care about and serve each other. While there is a competitive spirit present between the different clubs, they also work together to make campus, as well as the Cleveland community, a better place.

Leah

Lee University is a perfect place to ask your hard hitting questions about life and your faith, and it is a beautiful place to discover what you faith in God means personally. This university doesn't shy away from having intentional times to be there for the attending students, which is a refreshing atmosphere.

Marcy

Lee University has been an incredible place to grow not only academically but also spiritually and emotionally. Each professor cares about you and wants to see you succeed in life. Lee makes it a point to make freshmen feel included and emphasizes the importance of students becoming involved in activities around campus. Lee University has been an incredible place to learn and grow as a person.

Jada

I love Lee! It's a great school for students pursuing any degree. The teachers are always available by email and hold regular office hours. Everyone is so nice and is very helpful. The technology and opportunities are mind-blowing and are available for all of the students.

Madeline

Lee University is home away from home! The environment on campus is very welcoming and the professors are actually interested in my personal life. Faculty members are always ready to help and the students are ready to succeed. I am so glad I chose to go to Lee University!

Madi

I absolutely love it! The campus is clean and beautiful. There is a plethora of options and opportunities for campus life. There are many options as far as on campus food options go and is in the center of the quaint old downtown Cleveland. The overall atmosphere is just friendly and free t-shirts are definitely a strong bonus!

Karishta'

The class sizes and the overall academic journey is great. The teachers are nice and friendly and show that they are interested in you in class, but like most religious campuses, there was a bad experience concerning race and slurs and things of that nature which caused me not to enjoy my freshman year or feel very welcome to other students, and some faculty and teachers.

I love Lee, it is Christ Centered and a good place to develop who you are and find who you are. They encourage you to be the best version of yourself not only in the classroom but in everyday life. Our professors seem to care about your success and no matter what kind of a student you are they make you feel valued, but they do not baby you, they help you grow and treat you like upcoming adults.

Kinlee

I love Lee and honestly couldn't imagine myself anywhere else! The faculty and staff are so caring and understandable. The campus itself is absolutely gorgeous! It's pricey but considering it's a PRIVATE Christian college, it really is not too bad! Plus all of the facilities are nice and well taken care of, as well as a new building almost every year!

Laurel

I love Lee University! The professors truly care about each and every student. Cleveland is big enough that there are things to do, but so big that it is overwhelming. I The staff are very kind and helpful. The campus is the perfect size, and very picturesque. have made great friends at Lee, and I am loving every minute of my journey.

It is a very well rounded school. There are problems with various things as there is with any school but overall it is a wonderful place to be with a great staff that genuinely cares about its students and their success. It is a beautiful campus and they offer something for everyone.

Opeyemi

Lee University is a Christ-centered university that offers holistic education to all students, staff, and faculty. If you are looking for a school that is a home away from home where you get to be friends/family with the professors and staff, this is the place to be. You grow your intellect and faith at the same time.

Julie

Lee is such a great school! The campus is absolutely beautiful and there is such a Godly environment there. The teachers are great and make you excited to learn. It is really an overall great school and not too badly priced. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Lee University is truly a campus where Christ is King. The faculty and staff are here to love and encourage you, and everyone can find their fit somewhere. Academically, we strive for excellence, and we achieve it. I would highly recommend Lee to anyone interested (or not interested)!

Heather

I love Lee. The class ratio is great! The community is nice. The teachers I’ve had are supportive. Sports are good. I’m involved in a music group which is amazing! The food is alright we also have a chick fil a on campus so that’s nice.

Macayla

My overall opinion to lee university is that I will be back to apply to it. I loved the atmosphere, people, living, and most importantly the open bible studies and the family environment it feels and provides. The ministry opportunities, worship teams, pastors, youth groups, preaching, praise night , and fellowship one another is what brings the people so close together its from there walk with God.

Lee university is a great school for intelligent conversations about faith and practical living, as well as philosophy and new ideas. There is an emphasis on living in a way the puts others first, as well as becoming a person who gives back to others full-time.

Lee University is by far the greatest college I could have chosen for my journey into post-secondary education. As a future teacher, I was originally attracted to the school's phenomenal education program. I also fell head over heels in love with Lee's beautiful campus, its commitment to the Christian faith, and all the opportunities to get involved and grow through community. This university has a wonderful academic atmosphere, and all the professors show active interest in students' success both in and out of the classroom. Lee offers a wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities that are incredibly versatile; there is truly something for everyone. I have personally grown academically and spiritually during my time at Lee, and I could not recommend it enough for students who are currently making their college decision. If you are looking for a tight-knit community that strives for excellence and keeps the Lord at its center, Lee University is the school for you.

I could not have chosen a better university to further my education!

Miranda

Lee University is a wonderful school that provides students with unique opportunities to truly experience their major and the work force they will be entering, while at the same time providing an environment where students can nurture their faith and reevaluate their place in the world. Professors are, for the most part, active and engaging and genuinely care about the well-being of their students.

Cassandra

Lee University is a fantastic school. Its campus is growing, it's prices are truly unbeatable when it comes to private Christian colleges. The President really looks out for the students, and the students care about their education. The area is not ideal though, as there isn't really much to do in Cleveland.

Ryan

Lee University is an excellent University with any degree type you can think of. Their teaching body is composed of great leaders and scholars. This is a great school to attend. You have the option of attending class on campus or online with their DAL, Distance Online Learning, program.

Buildings and campus are beautiful. Dining facilities are okay, but need some work. There is not much variety of food. On-campus housing is adequate and there is rooms are decently sized. Cleanliness of laundry services and outside of housing needs to be addressed. Overall, a great school!

Laura

I love Lee University! The atmosphere on campus calls for students to put full effort into their academics and know that they are in a safe place to ask and talk about the hard things. Everything is warm and inviting, and the professors truly care about their students. There is no lack of extra curricular activities and the only issue is not being able to make it to them all. The biblical influence expands from the chapel into the everyday classroom and especially appears during the concerts of UChurch. I would encourage anyone who wants to grow in academics, spirit and character to check out Lee University.

Emma

Lee University is an incredible school providing challenging academics, healthy social opportunities, and a genuine focus of Christ. Though it has some shortcomings, such as lack of diversity and poor parking, it really is a remarkable school and I cannot imagine going anywhere else.

Kevin

Lee University is a great place to receive your college education. This school provides a great community of students and faculty for you to become plugged into. The atmosphere that the school provides allows you to make it your home away from home. It's just big enough but also small enough. Located near Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Nashville, there's plenty of stuff to do on the weekend. Great School!

Victoria

Lee University provides a safe atmosphere as well as an amazing educational experience. The professors at Lee show a genuine care for their students and try their best to help whenever they can. Due to the Christian principles that this college was built on, students are heavily encouraged in continuing their walk with God. Overall Lee University is a safe and peaceful campus that I recommend to everyone who is on the search for a college.

Julianna

Lee University emanates an extremely positive and welcoming atmosphere. The faculty and the student body are intentional and caring of each other and passionate in their pursuits. Lee's academic programs challenge students and provide them with an exceptional education. There are also countless opportunities for students to become involved on campus including through service organizations, Greek clubs, sports teams, student leadership, and many other ways. Lee University endeavors to make their students feel at home.

Bianca

I love it here. The professors genuinely care about the students and the community is so closely knit. There are events to join in on all the time, and the surrounding area is beautiful, perfect for people who love the outdoors. The chapel services are amazing and there are concerts every now and then that get the whole campus pumped up.

Maggie

Lee University is simply powerful. It is culturally competent, loving, and welcoming. It is truly home. The people, faculty, professors, and President truly care. Students are not just a student; they are a person. They are treated as a person of value and purpose. Lee offers confidence and peace in the midst of stressful times. Lee is home.

Alex

Walking early to my class, I stop on the bridge above the creek and peer over. The water below swirls in a happy motion, unconcerned with its watcher. To my right, a tree argues with the wind, rustling in indignation. I close my eyes briefly, and a bouncing cackle seems to come from all directions. It's the birds enjoying the warmth of spring. A fluffy feeling plants itself firmly in my heart, and a smile tugs on my shy cheeks. My walk continues past brick buildings leaking colorful warmth, Past future doctors, teachers, therapists, scientists, and businesspeople. If I ask for help, I know they’ll give me a friendly smile and end up late for their own class. Once I arrive at my classroom, the professor paints my imagination with stories and possibilities. Could I also be an English teacher in China? What if I traveled to this place, or did that? Class ends. Lunch smells like my mom cooked it, and later today, I have a study session with fellow goofballs. We won’t get anything done, other than making bonds sticky as pine sap. My day ends peacefully with a couple hours of swinging precariously low to the ground on my poorly tied hammock, dreaming of a beautiful future. The day itself wasn’t all that special. Neither was yesterday or the day before. But when I consider all the days that I’ve spent here for the last year, I realize it was spectacular. This collection of buildings called a university, combined with the people it attracts, Has caused something new to happen to me. Changes and new ideas seem to come out of nowhere. Other schools have nice people, and nice buildings, and probably nice hammocks, too. But somehow, I know that none will fit me quite as right as Lee University.

R Vinoshini

Lee University is an amazing school. The people here are friendly and diverse. There is always an opportunity to met someone new from somewhere you've probably never been to. The professors here are kind and genuinely want to help the students. There are many groups on campus that you can join to feel at home.

Savannah

Lee University is a prestigious school. Growing up around the University I believed I knew how the typical "college life" would be. Little did I know once school would start I would never want to leave. Lee is an overall fantastic private Christian University. Within the first week of classes I made connections with people from all over the world. Lee gives its students top priority; the best of the best. From its incredible academics, reviving chapel services, interesting clubs, and enjoyable activities they provide, you find yourself learning not in class, but about yourself as well. Going to this University feels like a entirely different beginning; a relief more like. You feel at home, and while the landscape is absolutely breath taking. This school is built upon the love of the Lord, and how you can go to unbelievable journeys along with God. This University makes me never want to graduate; instead stay here for as long as I can. Lee University gives its students and facility incredible opportunities and experiences that will impact you for a life time.

Zoe

Lee University is a fantastic school if you're looking for a structured Christian environment. If you're looking for some freedom, then it is not the school for you. There are some very quality people there and you could meet lifelong friends.

Joseph

Lee University is a great institution and I truly believe it can accommodate any person who finds themselves here! Becoming a flame can look differently for everyone so don't be afraid to make it your own. Although freshmen year provided safety and guidance, I feel that I have been able to comfortably adjust to my adult life as time allows.

Abby

I love going to school here!! Our professors are the best, very accessible and friendly. The school is very big on soccer. Dorms are okay, not terrible. Campus is beautiful and everyone you meet on campus is very friendly. It is a safe campus and campus security is out all the time.

Maggie

It is not too big and not too small. It's truly the perfect size! It begins to feel like home. The faculty is like no other! The absolute best professors I have ever heard of. There are tons of things to get involved in for every person's interest. Also, there are lots of opportunities for on-campus employment. It takes awhile to really get involved, but once you find your group, it is truly the experience of a lifetime. There is not a more encouraging and passion-fueling university out there.