Schnecksville, PA
Lehigh Carbon Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lehigh Carbon Community College

Tiffany
Great community college

Great community college

It's a great community college to start after high school if your not quite sure what you want to do. You can eventually transfer to a bigger college.

Rosemarie

As a student now recovering from substance abuse, I would tell myself to give myself a break. I was always a fan of instant gratification, and being a high school senior, I found my instant gratification by selling/doing drugs. I looked at college like it was a joke, I didn't care about my future. Today it's not about comparing myself to my fellow students and it's not about fitting in. It's about finding a place for myself and motivating myself to reach little goals that eventually help reach larger goals. It's about finding something you have a passion for and learning everything you possibly can in the process. Although I had to go through the darkness of substance abuse to find a career I'm passionate about, I had to go to that dark place to get to this one. Take it easy, work hard, and have fun doing what you love.

My professors are absolutely amazing; they keep the class involved and the assignments are just as interesting as their classes. I also brag about the grades I have in my classes, I'm obsessed with school today!

The most frustrating thing is my impatience with getting graded papers and exams back. I ask my professors to email the score to me, and they typically make me wait until we meet again in class.

If I could go back in time and give myself some advice, it would be to put schooling first. I should not get distracted with other factors of life.

How nice and understanding the Teachers are. They do not want you to fail, instead they want to help each student succeed.

Register for classes early because they tend to fill up quickly.

Alden

Best known for provding transferrable credits to other local institutions.

Best known for provding transferrable credits to other local institutions.

To talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stay focused on school and that college is no even close to how easy high school was. I would tell myself to try and narrow down my choices in regards to what I want to major in and to seize every opportunity that college and work has to offer. Most importantly, begin to save and cut back spending because life in Arizona isn't cheap and the more you have saved, the better off you'll be in the long run and the larger a safety net you will have. Also, the friends you have now, aren't the one you will have forever. Be social and meet new people, you never know who you will run in to. Let the inner nerd out that has been inside, no one is going to judge you like people do in high school. College is all about self expression and discovering who you are as a person and not what others think of you; don't be afiad to show it. Most importantly, seek comfort from you family, because they're all you have in the end.

Someone looking for a 4 year degree and has the means to go to a 4 year instiution.

Tara

In most of my science classes there are a mixture of students, almost all being older than myself with a few my age, but all are hard working.

If I could go back in time to when I was in high school I would tell myself that college is a lot of work done by yourself. I would help myself by preparing how to study because as of now I do not have well developed study skills.

The most frustrating thing about LCCC would have to be getting a hold of people including teachers and administrative workers. Also a lot of people think that LCCC is an easy college because it is a community college but it is not that easy specially when you have a lot of science classes. I feel that they have to be hard than colleges because in order to transfer your credits must be equivalent to theirs.

To take my education more seriously. I would go to school more often then I did, to get used to the class time of college courses. I would take subjects more seriously, such as math which gave me trouble. Gathering a better understanding of the concepts and time managment issues that where needed for college. I probablly would have also found a place to live, so I would not have to worry about housing issues, which would have given me more time to devote to my studies. Although I wish al these things, I can honestly say that without the experiences of the past, would not have made me who I am today. Having first hand experiences, has given me a better understanding of the surrounding world and myself.

I wish that I would have known that homework is an important factor in the success of one's self. The first year, taught me without the repetition of the information, it is otherwise useless, at least for me. Unlike some students it takes me a while to comprehend various material.

That I am almost done, no really that I got to continue my education inspite of my financial difficulty. Without the financial help that I recieved I doubt I would have been able to achieve my goals.

Anna

My College is special because everything is kept personal and friendly. The classes are small and the overall number of students is kept to a limit that helps you get to know many of them. This also makes instructore's email responses a lot faster which I enjoy a lot.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to keep an open mind about what my major will be. When you start going to college so many opportunities and choices appear, that it would be sad not to explore several of them. Other then that I would tell myself to get a calender right away, to never push back my homework because it will all end up crushing you at the weekend and to not sit in the very back of the class. The last row in a class seems to be a good hiding spot but the truth is, that exactly there are often times the students who will annoy you by chatting about non subject related topics. The last thing I would tell myself is to not be worried. The best way to survive in College is to be confident. If you are not afraid of any subject, assignment, teacher or student you will have the best time in class and on campus.

I tell friends mostly about how technically advanced everything is, from online and video classes to doing homework online and being able to reach your instructor pretty much any time you want. Also the fact that they are always building something new (e.g. the library and now a building) is amazing. This campus just keeps developing.

Rose

My classmates are trying to better their lives because of the need for education to succeed in this country.

I would have told myself to focus more on my studying and not to worry about the little stuff. I would tell myself to take more classes to prepare myself for college.

Anyone who is willing to try to make a difference in their lives and are willing to study hard for it.

Halim

High school is only a stepping stone on the road to success. Use your time and energy to achieve high marks in school while helping out the community. Though the illusions of fun and social success may seem to be the most important things at the time, beware, those same things will cause hardship in your up and coming years after graduation. College is more important than personal success on a high school level when that success only hinders your academic abilities. So when in high school focus on your future and try to make something of the 4 years you have, live it up, but always keep in mind there is a world outside of the poorly painted building called high school. Keep your head in the game!

LCCC is a great school for students that are still unsure about what direction their life will be taking. LCCC gives students a challenging yet rewarding academic environment which gives a student a chance to settle into a prospective major and a chance to enter a 4 year university. I have learned discipline while also learning how to use time in the best way in order to achieve success both in and out of school.

Any person who is still debating on the major in which he/she will want to pursue.

Lehigh Carbon Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.