Schnecksville, PA
Lehigh Carbon Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lehigh Carbon Community College

Rose

My classmates are trying to better their lives because of the need for education to succeed in this country.

I would have told myself to focus more on my studying and not to worry about the little stuff. I would tell myself to take more classes to prepare myself for college.

Anyone who is willing to try to make a difference in their lives and are willing to study hard for it.

Halim

High school is only a stepping stone on the road to success. Use your time and energy to achieve high marks in school while helping out the community. Though the illusions of fun and social success may seem to be the most important things at the time, beware, those same things will cause hardship in your up and coming years after graduation. College is more important than personal success on a high school level when that success only hinders your academic abilities. So when in high school focus on your future and try to make something of the 4 years you have, live it up, but always keep in mind there is a world outside of the poorly painted building called high school. Keep your head in the game!

LCCC is a great school for students that are still unsure about what direction their life will be taking. LCCC gives students a challenging yet rewarding academic environment which gives a student a chance to settle into a prospective major and a chance to enter a 4 year university. I have learned discipline while also learning how to use time in the best way in order to achieve success both in and out of school.

Any person who is still debating on the major in which he/she will want to pursue.

tabatha

I would say LOOK TABATHA LISTEN CLOSELY! Yes friends and having a social life are important but those books in there and all that homework they assign you are going to strengthen your mind for what is to come. This generation needs to be educated for this future that is upon us. We are the light and we need to shine bright and show this world what our mind is made of. So stay smart, do your studies, keep your education number 1 BECAUSE we are the only ones responsible for this one chance this one life we are given. Make a DIFFERENCE!

Barbara

LCCC has a very diverse student body and I feel very comfortable as an older returning student. I have degrees in another field from nationally recognized universities. I find the quality of instruction at LCCC to be comparable to these universities but at a fraction of the cost. Because it is a small local school, I receive more personal attention. I am not another number in a field of 60,000 other students. Web-access is much more user friendly than other college sites I have used.

Before I graduated from high school, I was expected to choose a career and immediately go away to college. College was not about making dreams come true. College was to guarantee success in making a steady, living wage and to graduate as soon as possible. During the 20 years since I graduated from college, I was successful and had a steady, living wage but I started to dream. I dreamed of being more creative and wondered what would have happened if I had guaranteed less and risked a little. Success must be balanced with satisfaction. I realized you never have to decide the rest of your life at 16 years old. You can recreate yourself at any point in time. I decided to return to college in a completely different field. I give this advice to my children who are now graduating from high school. A career is not a life, it is only a part of your life. Start with your dreams and then pursue them, but balance this with practicality. Take time to learn about yourself as well as train for a career. As you pursue your career, never stop learning and never stop dreaming.

The school is perfect for people interested in re-training for technical or medical careers. I found it very useful in re-entering the academic world after a 20 year absence. It is also a great start for people who want to earn their general education credits before transferring to another 4 year college. My daughter is enrolled at a state university but is looking to take a few credits toward her degree while she is home over the summer.

Karin

If I was to go back in time as a high school senior and talk to myself knowing what I now know about college life and making the transition, the advise I would give myself would be to follow my dreams and pursue what I enjoy doing. If I didn't know what I enjoyed doing I would advise myself to explore the differant testing opportunities that colleges offer to give myself an idea what I might excel at. I would tell myself that college is a breeze compared to the constant toiling with very little pay that will await you in your occupation without any college education. I would tell myself to enjoy college and make the most of the precious treasure that has been offered and to totally immerse myself in college culture while still young and able to enjoy the immense opportunities that education and college social life has to offer. I would tell myself to never give up on education because it is the only gift that can never be taken away by anyone or anything.

The best thing about my school is the quality of education. The professors at Lehigh Carbon Community College are very professional and take the time to be sure that each student is acclimating well to the classroom.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one that takes their education seriously and is willing to put forth the time and effort it takes for an enriching and rewarding education.

samanta

The nursing program that they have is very well known. Also it is very difficult to be accepted since you have to take the TEAS test.

I would tell my self to study more and pay more attention in classes. I have to study more now since I never studied in high school and got straight A`s just from listening. I have to put more effort since I have a hard time studying and memorizing things.

There are limited amount of people that can help you. You have to ask around or look it up in the internet. There is only one advisor that I can say helped me a little, but is the same problem with everyone that attends the college.

Lehigh Carbon Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.