Bethlehem, PA
Lehigh University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lehigh University

Sean

It's August of 2002 and I am getting ready to start my senior year of high school. Presently, I've been granted the opportunity to go back in time and give myself some advice for successfully preparing for college. The most important advice I can give is about perseverance. Perseverance is defined as "steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement". To be successful in all endeavors in life, whether they be for school, work, or encounters with others, perseverance is what helps you push through. Don't ever give up on your dreams, goals, or ambitions. When you strive for the best, even if it seems all odds are against you, perseverance will get you to where you want to be. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perseverance, 2011) I could tell you to study harder, to take advanced classes, to take your senior year the most serious, or to start applying to colleges now, but in order to complete any of the prior mentioned, perseverance will not only help you accomplish those things, but will see you through anything throughout the rest of your life.

Sabrina

Dear Sabrina, Take the opportunity you were given to attend the community college free! If not, in your future I see many struggles with finances. I see physical abuse. I see mental abuse. I see loneliness. I see confusion. I see turmoil within yourself. After 10 years of trying to figure out how to "escape", you will. But you will realize you need more education. Because looks alone are not going to carry you through the rest of your life. You need knowledge! You need to understand Math. You need to know how to keep a checkbook and avoid unnessasary overdraft fees. You need to be able to shine in that interview then pass the test to actually get the job! There will come a wonderful day when your world is more beautiful because you have survived but you will still long for the pride of a college education. And yet again, finances are limited, and you must work to survive. So go to college, avoid some unnecessary pain. LEARN. So you will feel like standing tall! Even though you were not taught college is important. It is! Go Forth! Conquer! Learn and Earn! Love Always, Sabrina

Debra

closed-minded conservative lack of diversity

closed-minded conservative lack of diversity

it has an unusually great alumni support and alot of alumni reunions around the world. it is a part of the oldest college rivalry known to man which helps build a great amount of school spirit

Prepare for life in advance. You could never be too early in your preparation process. Prioritize your obligations. You do not need to be experienced with everything. Just be an expert at a couple of things and work hard to perfect your skills in these areas.

L

True definition of a work hard play hard school.

True definition of a work hard play hard school.

I would first advise myself to develop good time management skills because those are extremely important in college. I would also suggest to review material before my class or lecture and go to office hours as often as possible even if I think I understand everything; practice really helps important concepts to sink in. I would have also told myself to take more AP classes during high school because even if I wouldn't have received a high enough score to test out of the class in college it's really helpful to have seen the material before. Finally, I would have started working earlier in high school and I would have set aside money for college because tuition is extrememly expensive and it's very stressful to figure out how I'm going to pay for school each year as tuition costs rise.

The worst thing about Lehigh is the exam schedule. Instead of mulitple tests throughout the semester most classes have two exams and a final, it's very stressful because your whole grade basically depends on three tests.

Alexander

Partying hard and studying hard!!! The biggest party day of the year is the day our football team plays our rival Lafayette College usually in mid November. It's the only game people care about on campus and it's the longest running rivalry in college sports in America... over 130 years!

HUGE greek system! If you don't go Greek you probably shouldn't go to Lehigh espeacially as a guy.

I always was and always will be an extremely hard worker. By the time I graduated high school, I already had thirty-seven college credits. Lehigh University accepted me for the spring semester, so I would have had to take the fall semester off or enrolled at another school. Because from an academic standing Lehigh was well above my other choices (Richmond and Wisconsin), I chose to take an internship for a semester and then attend Lehigh in the Spring. That was a mistake. Knowing what I know now, I would highly encourage students to only start college in the Fall. Not only was everyone's click of friends already created by the time I joined campus, but I had missed rush, which at a large Greek school like Lehigh is equal to social suicide. That being said, I do not know if I could said I would have prefered being at another school because although getting set in took far longer because I started in the middle of the school year, my later years were some of the best times of my life. Lehigh does balance academic success and a pretty epic social scene quite nicely.

Kailey

I can't say that I know as much about the "college process" as I would like, but I do think there is information I could tell my younger self. First, I would encourage myself to go with the major that I really wanted--not the one I had chosen to please my parents. Second, I would say it's a good idea to apply for as many scholarships as possible! I think I was lazy (and foolish) to not apply for them even when I was just in community college. I may not win the scholarship, but at least I will know that I tried. Third and lastly, I would admit that college seems daunting, but I don't need to be nervous and it'll be more fun than I expected.

John

Take advantage of every opportunity and make every connection you can. You may not get the chance to experience things twice in your life and passing up a chance is a missed opportunity. Additionally, you never know when you will cross paths with someone from your past. Establishing and maintaining good business relationships will be extremely helpful in the future. Most importantly always remeber to enjoy what your work. If your work life is grind you won't apply yourself. Enjoyig your work is the biggest step toward success you can take.

Tamara

I would tell myself to go straight to college and to not allow any distractions delay the process of my long term goal. I would explain to myself how important our big goal is and that if we are to stay focused on what is important the quicker we may achieve it with out any issues. I would also tell myself about how I should apply for as many scholarships and grants that I could put my hands on to make going to a university or college that much easier so that I may stay focused on my studies.

Ariana

My classmates are a fun, diverse group of people. We might not be the most diverse racially, but people here come from all different backgrounds and it is always interesting to meet new people and find out their stories.

Lehigh is best know for its "work hard, play hard" attitude. Everyone here strives to do their best at all of their endeavors, but everyone also knows how to let loose and unwind after a long week of classes.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first thing I would say is make sure you keep an open mind. Within the first year of college, you discover so many new things about yourself and about your peers, so you need to be ready to accept any changes that come your way. It is so important to be friendly and open to those around you, because you never know who may end up being your best friend or neighbor. I would also make sure to emphasize that taking advantage of new opportunities is the best way to acclimate oneself to college. Trying new clubs or activities is a great way to meet new people and learn things about yourself that you wouldn't have otherwise. As a closing note, I would stress to make sure to be yourself, and enjoy life to the fullest - you only go to college once.

Alana

At the age of 19, I was already a mother of two sons. I worked full time and as a single mother, struggled to make ends meet. I thought that attending college was a fantasy in my case. When my sons began elementary school, I jumped on the opprotunity to receive an education, not only for securing a better future for my children, but for myself as well. No one thought that I had it in me to succeed in this educational persuit. Since then, I have graduated with a 3.72 GPA, as a member of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and received an Associate of Arts degree. Attending college has given me confidence that I have never felt before. It has given me confidence to succeed and the experience to encourage others who are struggling in life, as I have and still do. I am now persuing an Associate of Applied Science degree in Hotel/Restaurant Mgmt and plan to obtain my bachelor degree in the near future. It is simply impossible to put into words the value of attending college. Therefore, I would say the value is in how you perceive it.

Lehigh University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.