Lehigh University Top Questions

Lehigh University is best known for its advanced engineering courses in the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science. However, although Lehigh may be known for their engineering courses, all the professors at Lehigh are very skilled professionals. I have gotten more than I could have ever asked for out of Lehigh. All my professors thus far have taught engaging and interactive courses, which have allowed me to flourish as a student and an individual. The course load is difficult and time consuming, but I know graduating from this prestigious university will be worth it in the end.

Devika

Lehigh University is best known for finding students high salary jobs right out of college while also having a high party scene

Lehigh is best known for their rigourous and renowned engineering program. With some of the best professors in their respective fields, Lehigh gives engineering students the confidence that they will be receiving an education from some of the top names in the engineering profession. The mechanical engineering department is one of the best on campus. With professors such as Terry Hart and Keith Gardiner teaching here, students are given not only the knowledge they need in the classroom, but also real world applications for life outside of the University and in their professional field.

Our excellent Engineering program, great social life, Beating Duke

Lehigh is known for its engineers, businesswomen and men, accountants and a great international program. The Bethlehem area and campus is a beautiful place filled with many students walking up and down the hilly location. Lehigh is also known for its price, a very expensive private school, where most students are well off financially. Classes are tough and there is a lot of work to be done, however, if you are a determined student there is much hope for you. No matter what, focus on your goals, get involved in student activities, engage in the community, and find success.

I believe our school is best known for its engineering program. Although I am not personally in the College of Engineering, I have been questioned by countless people if that is what I am studying at Lehigh because they have heard that the program is superb. Many of my friends have also told me that the deciding factor for choosing Lehigh was that the program here was the best and would provide them with the best education.

Partying hard and studying hard!!! The biggest party day of the year is the day our football team plays our rival Lafayette College usually in mid November. It's the only game people care about on campus and it's the longest running rivalry in college sports in America... over 130 years!

Ariana

Lehigh is best know for its "work hard, play hard" attitude. Everyone here strives to do their best at all of their endeavors, but everyone also knows how to let loose and unwind after a long week of classes.

Lehigh is probably best known for the engineering and business schools. Not to mention the almost 60:40 male to female ratio. ..and that we're on a mountain! The party/social/greek life also plays a big part. The "work hard, play hard" motto is a popular one.

Academics and social activities on the weekend.

Not only is Lehigh University known for its hilly campus terrain, but it is also known for its exellent schools of engineering and business. When students are looking for respected university programs in either engineering or business, Lehigh is one of the best. In addition, Lehigh is also the perfect size for a research university for the sciences with its personal interactions between professors and students. On a less academic note, Lehigh is also known for its sports' rivalry with Lafayette College and its admirable wrestling team. For me, Lehigh is best known as my second home.

Chaucy

We are known for having a huge greek life. We are known to have a great time and work hard as well.

great job placement, tough academics, greek life, wrestling

valerie

engineering, business, binge drinking

The party scene, the Greek system, engineering, accounting, Lehigh/Lafayette football game.

Catharine

Great alumni, good job prospects, great greek life, LOTS of binge drinking.

Partying, Frat scene, Lehigh/Lafayette rivalry, Working hard and Playing hard

Burton

na

The hills on campus.

drinking, parties, and drinking. also lehigh-laf.

Lehigh is best known for its academic reputation and commonly also known for its party reputation.

Kristine

Ridiculous drinking on "The Hill" and engineering, neither of which I am involved in.

It's best known for Engineering but I'm here for the phenomenal performing arts center. It was engineered by the best which made it that much better.