Lehigh University

« See more reviews of Lehigh University

Most people are from the upper-middle class and Lehigh's tuition is expensive... we're at $47,320 for one undergraduate year. But Lehigh also has the 12th largest endowment in the country and there are plenty of students who receive financial aid and also get scholarships and grants. Most people here are white, the school is trying harder to get people of different backgrounds to attend. A large portion of the school is from New Jersey... this makes sense... considering we're only 30 minutes from the NJ border. But there are also international students and students from almost all 50 states (with the exception of three or four). About 40 - 45% of the school is Greek, however the Greek houses are very present on campus. Most people are surprised to hear that less than half of the school is Greek.

Mostly, no. Obviously the stereotypes are based on actual people or features, but that is just one part of Lehigh. The student body is very diverse and it is definitly not true that everyone is rich and has money to throw around. Over half of students receive financial aid. Lehigh does have hills, but the campus is very walkable and there are buses and vans that run when you don't want to walk. Greek life is very important for some students but you can get involved in it as much or as little as you like. You can join a house or just attend events, or stay out of the scene altogether. You won't have a problem finding someone who sees eye to eye with you on this subject, no matter what your opinion is.

There is a large portion of the school that does go drinking, in moderation, every weekend. There are some that go and get completely smashed. My friends and I lived in CHOICE housing, freshman sub-free, and found plenty to do sober, including taking bets on how far the drunkards would get. There are rich kids but I've yet to meet anyone stuck up about their social class. Some kids are stuck up about being so smart but don't realize they aren't surrounded by dummies anymore.

These stereotypes are grounded on popular perception, but it isn't at extreme as some like to think. The male:female ratio is about 3:2, but being that this used to be an all-male campus that's not bad. The diversity though, this is about an 80% white campus, but Lehigh is taking step to try and promote more diversity. Also, people soon realize that college isn't all that much partying/drinking, so it's not just a stereotype Lehigh has, but one about college in general.

I find that there is a good amount of partying but not too much at all. It is a school that loves to have fun but also gets the work done before hand. Students balance school and fun well and the students are all mostly east coast wealthy kids but they are extremely nice not snobby at all.

The majority of students of this kind join Greek Life, therefore there are people that aren't this stereotype outside of the Greek community, it just takes looking. A way to break apart from that scene is to find a house off campus when available, which opens all sorts of doors.

To a degree. There is a lack of diversity on campus, the greek system is played up to be bigger than it is, and there are a number of students who don't drink and party all the time. However, there is a lack of school spirit especially on the sports field in my opinion.

Although the campus isn't very diverse racially, and many people do have money, not all of them are snobby brats like you would think. They care about their education and they're intelligent. I'm happy to say that I haven't met too many snobby kids around.

Not everyone's from jersey, but greek life is big (as it should be because its incredible). Overall Lehigh students live by the phrase "Work Hard, Play Hard". We're all smart kids which is why we are here, but we love to party.

Kinda, Must people come from rich families. There aren't many minorities. But there are a lot of parties. Everyone is pretty nice however if you don't go here I could see how students might come across as snobs.