Lehigh University

« See more reviews of Lehigh University

Interaction within the dorm all depends on who is in the dorm. In my hall, we all tended to keep our doors open towards the beginning of the year and as the year went on, we started to close them but everyone still came by and knocked to go to dinner or hang out. I met my closest friends in a combination of my sorority and my hall because those were the people I chose to spend the most time with. There are buses that go to the local movie theaters on Fridays and Saturdays and some fantastic places to get lunch right off campus. It's not suggested to go off campus alone at night. Staying up late is a part of college life. Sometimes, we would watch movies starting at 11 and other nights we would go to bed around 12 calling it an early night. That's not everyone though. A number of my friends went to bed around 10:30 but it felt like most people were up later.

You can find multiple parties any night of the week at Lehigh and most people go out at least 3 or 4 nights a week. Social life revolves around fraternity parties on the Hill and off-campus house parties. Morning cocktails and tailgates before home football games are huge, although attendance to games is usually somewhat low since students have been partying all morning. The biggest tailgate is before the game with Lafayette, and this is the one game that most students go to, regardless of location. Lehigh Lafayette is the biggest party of the year and people drink all week leading up to the game. If you don't drink there is not too much to do. There are plays and movies showing most weekends, but the social life revolves around parties and heavy drinking.

people didn't generally leave their doors open in my hall because it was the hall that tours always came through, but on other floors in my dorm they left their doors open and people were always going into other rooms, most of my really close friends were in the same freshman dorm as me, people party fairly often most go out every weekend, almost all the parties revolve around drinking games I have never felt pressured to drink, nobody shoves a drink into your hand and there have been plenty of nights where I went out with my friends and didn't drink

Students can leave their dorms open and athletic events are not extremely popular. Guest speakers are very common and often attended. Greek week, lehigh-lafayette week are the major traditions. People party tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, and saturday nights. Frats and sororities are pretty important. Last weekend I went to several frat parties and if you don't want to drink there are events set up on campus like comedy, movies... You don't go off campus except when you are a sr to the bars.

Football and wrestling get the most recognition, sports wise. People go to those games more than any other. I would suggest joining a fraternity or sorority as the easiest way to make friends. There is usually at least one big open party Thurday, Friday and Saturday night. Although you can find someone drinking any night of the week. If you don't drink its not the easiest place to have fun. Off campus there are a bunch of good places to eat, there is a good mall pretty close and a bowling alley.

Most kids drink Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Tuesday also seems to be a big night. The best week of the year is clearly Lehigh-Lafayette week in which teachers seem to ease up and everything is a drunken mess, coming to culmination with one of the greatest rivalries in all college sports (according to ESPN). There is a lot to do on campus for those that do not take part in the traditional weekend festivities.

Lehigh has a very predominant Greek life with about 40% of the student body participating. As the tour guides always say "40% Greek means 60% not Greek", so there is still plenty of room to avoid that scene. The students are very friendly and always willing to help out. Lehigh football is the only sport that attracts a lot of attention, although all of the sports teams have a gathering of fans.

There is always something going on at Lehigh. The Greek scene is very popular here with the Hill. The most popular sports team on campus would probably be Football or Soccer. Lehigh/Lafayette week is a very popular week for everyone on campus. All students get involved and the amount of students that go to the football game at the end of the week is amazing.

Greek life is huge on Lehigh, and I chose to be part of it for this reason. I'm not a typical "sorority girl," but I knew if I didn't do a sorority I probably would struggle socially. Most of the parties revolve around frat houses, and although there are other things to do, most people ignore them. The majority of socializing also involves a Natty Lite.

The most popular organization is definitely the Association of Student Alumni because it connects alumni with students, gives tours of the campus, and even helps with the admissions process. Fraternities and sororities are also extremely popular here because greek life is a huge aspect of Lehigh.