Lehigh University

« See more reviews of Lehigh University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

During orientation, freshman students were asked to list stereotypes of Lehigh students. Some kids answered that the girls all wear big designer sunglasses and Ugg boots. They wear NorthFace jackets and basically come from wealthy families. They value wearing brand name clothes. Also, Lehigh is known as a party school. The class of 2011 is 30% women / 70% men.

A major stereotype about Lehigh is that its a party school with challenging academics. The moto work hard play hard is used, meaning a high amount of both. Lehigh students are known to lack diversity, being mostly white from New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They're seen as a bunch of rich white kids.

They are rich, white, upper-class kids who drink a lot and have a big greek system. They are also primarily business students or engineers. Not very politically conscious and are only into sports where drinking can be an integral part (ie. morning cocktails and tailgating football games.)

That most people are white, rich, from New Jersey, drive nice cars (think Audis, BMWs, & Mercedes), and want to join a greek house.

That is a huge party school and Lehigh students are extremely smart but are always partying and are extremely snobby rich kids.

Greek as in frats Long Island jews money big sunglasses uggs north face fleece most of the population is from new jersey

Mostly male campus. Lehigh students like drinking and partying a lot. Very White (not much diversity)

Preppy, self-absorbed, drinkers, smart in school but stupid outside of school, rich, conservative.

The main stereotype is that lehigh students are all from jersey and are all very greek oriented

All the students are rich. Lehigh has too many hills. Greek life is everything.