Lehigh University

« See more reviews of Lehigh University

college has done a lot for me particularly given me a lot of confidence i needed to try new things and help me succeed in life. i also found out that despite my fears i have a natural talent at math and teaching. i was just complememted yesterdayonthe questions i ask in regards to the way math works and my insight to how numbers work. i have more confidence in math now that i have gone back to school then i have had in most other activites i partake in. not to mention the expansions i have made in areas i just enjoy such as psychology and sociology. going back to school has been the best move i think i have made and was a positive step towards self discovery. either way i go on....

Always be sure to check out everything, and not just academics. Talk to other prospective students and especially students that are already attending your choice schools. Understand what the school is going to offer you and your future and whether it is worth the cost. Discover all activities and sports that you would be interested in joining, as well as whether or not you are interested in Greek life. Decide the types of things you will be studying and be sure that your school can help you as much as possible in achieving your goals. Most of all, make a close-knit group of friends that will be there for you throughout your college experience; then live it to the fullest.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during my senior year about college life I would tell myself, "Keep Drawing so you can become a better artist; apply for many scholarships no matter how discouraging it is that you might not be selected, join school programs and get involved in what is happening around the campus, and please whatever happens don’t stop drawing even if the people around you think your college major won’t get you anywhere”. I would also tell myself " Continue pursuring your passion in art animation and you might just leave an impression on this world, become the next Walt Disney and allow art to leave an impression on us all"

I can't say that I know as much about the "college process" as I would like, but I do think there is information I could tell my younger self. First, I would encourage myself to go with the major that I really wanted--not the one I had chosen to please my parents. Second, I would say it's a good idea to apply for as many scholarships as possible! I think I was lazy (and foolish) to not apply for them even when I was just in community college. I may not win the scholarship, but at least I will know that I tried. Third and lastly, I would admit that college seems daunting, but I don't need to be nervous and it'll be more fun than I expected.

Learn to love learning and writing, and make sure that you apply to as many scholarships as you can. Start applying to colleges as early as possible, and be sure to get advice from a lot of different people to decide whether or not your applications will be effective. Nothing is ever "good enough"- make it perfect. Most importantly, never stop working on what is important to you, that is, do something constructive every day. Even if it's as simple as organizing your college choices into a list, adding a sentence or to to your essay, or sending some emails, it's all the little things that count toward eventual success.

I would advice students to choose the college that makes them feel most as if they were at home. They should use factors such as size and academics as a guide but not allow simply those to base their decision. Also, the student should weigh all of the pros and cons and visit as many schools they are interested as they can. Parents should be there to help their young adults in narrowing down their choices and well as give them a wide array of options. They should not limit the student to colleges only the parents are intetrested in, but allow them to choose one they feel they will grow most as a person and student.

Exploring the possibilities of higher education is always a beneficial investment. Taking the time to discover avenues of aid and opportunity will present a tremendously helpful hand when trying to alleviate the stresses of college life once you’ve enrolled. When you find information that you weren’t exactly looking for, this research becomes an extremely resourceful entity that brings you closer to your goals down the road. More often then not, the more I investigated, the more I discovered how to get the financial aid and academic help I needed in order to continue working towards my dreams.

I would tell myself that it is your responsibility to make the most of your college carreer. You will become a responsible student in a few months. Before you go away to college make sure you know how to do your laundry, wake up on your own and most importantly manage your time efficiently. Have a good balance between school and your social life. You want to make sure you get the most out of your academics and your social life. And most importantly you don't want your studies to take a back seat to your social life. Do not go over board with having a good time. Get the most out of school!

Through my classes and trying to pay for college I've come to know that no one hands you success on a silver platter, and you have to work hard to succeed. This has been an extremely valuable lesson because I now know what it takes to make it in this world, and I now know you cannot slack off and expect people to be nice, as there are plenty of people out there who can and will do the work. I've also learned the opinions and values of people from all over the world, which will be extremely valuable throughout my remaining years in college and in life.

Take advantage of every opportunity and make every connection you can. You may not get the chance to experience things twice in your life and passing up a chance is a missed opportunity. Additionally, you never know when you will cross paths with someone from your past. Establishing and maintaining good business relationships will be extremely helpful in the future. Most importantly always remeber to enjoy what your work. If your work life is grind you won't apply yourself. Enjoyig your work is the biggest step toward success you can take.