Hickory, NC
Lenoir-Rhyne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lenoir-Rhyne University

Brooke

The classroom sizes are excellent. The professors are able to talk and help more than if it were a larger classroom size. There is often lack of communication through email, and would help if professors were easier to access outside the classroom. Overall, I enjoy campus life at Lenoir-Rhyne University, and the people that surround me there

Andrew

Lenoir-Rhyne University exceeds in promoting a comfortable environment for students, particularly student-athletes, to grow, learn, and discover the path that truly fits their goals. However, the university falls short on providing excellent resources for students including dietary options, equal student representation, and adequate safety precautions for faculty and staff.

Shalee

Lenoir Rhyne has very quickly become my home. All thanks to its close knit campus and small class size. The Greek community has stolen my heart, and I've been crowned in ZTA. Lenoir Rhyne has quickly stolen my heart with its rustic beauty and the community that surrounds it. We take major pride in our school and our community. I will forever be proud to be a Bear and to wear my red and black with pride!

Dakota

Lenoir-Rhyne University can be boring at times but that can be a plus. It will help you focus on your academics. The dorms are okay they could be better, the food is nasty like really nasty, and the party scene sucks. But the teachers are great, it's kind of like high school all over again.

Lenoir Rhyne University is best known for the supreme athletic ability, talented musicians, and small classroom ratios, which make it easier for students and professors to get to know each other better; also, small classroom ratios give students the advantage so when they are behind or do not understand an assignment the teacher knows them by name and will help them with any necessary help.

I would tell myself that college is not a game. It is not high school, therefore you cannot slack off and not complete assignments just because you do not feel like it. I would also say that making friends is vital to being a successful college student. No one wants to be alone at an unfamiliar school. It is always great to have friends to confide in and to share memories with.

I wish I had known more about what it takes to be in music, because it takes a lot of time and effort in order to achieve greatness in musicians.

Nadia

My classmates are very hardworking and caring, and are willing to assist other studetns at Lenoir Rhyne rather it be school based issues or personal issues.

Our football team has just recently claimed the title of the South Atlantic Conference Champions for the fourth year in a row, many people both near and distant from our school know us for our very successful football program.

You are bright. You are unique. You are hardworking, and responsible. Regardeless of what other students, teachers, and members of the community have to say about you, you must believe that you are enough the way you are, and that you will be successful. The opinions that people have formed about you the past four years in high school will be completely irrelevant the moment you step foot onto your college campus. College will be an entire new beginning for you, and I encourage you to make the best of it. Leave any negative thoughts you have of yourself behind, because it will be over and done with. Take pride in what you know is great about yourself, and strive to make your dreams come true. Senior year is going to fly by, appreciate every minute, even the unfavorable aspects of it. Do not focus on proving those who doubt you wrong, but center your intentions on proving yourself right. You know that failure is inevitable in life, but you also know success is highly achievable. Believe in yourself, and fantastic things will come about.

Stachia

Choosing to go to Lenoir Rhyne is choosing to be part of a great big family.

Choosing to go to Lenoir Rhyne is choosing to be part of a great big family.

While I enter my senior year of college, I think back and realize how nice it would be if I could pass all the knowledge I have now back to a young high school girl nervously awaiting her college years. First I would say, it's okay if you don't know what you want to be. I would say it's okay to change your mind; you still have time to make this decision and it's yours to make. If I could go back, I would say don't let distance scare you. I would reassure myself that my family and friends will always be there even if I move away. I would tell myself that I'm not alone and there's a whole group of people going into their first year who are just as nervous as I am and they will soon become lifelong friends. I would tell myself that college is where you find yourself. Above all else, I would l look at my high school self and let her know that it will all be okay. I would tell her to relax and get ready for the biggest step of her life.

I brag most about the nursing program at LR. The nursing staff and even the students are a famly and we are always there to help one another and support each other. The professors are always there to help in any way they can and they really encourage the students to strive to be the best they can be. I also think that the rest of the staff here at LR try their best to be very helpful with students. I have never had a staff care so much about my well being like they do at LR.

Brittanie

Well my mom died in my first semester of college, so I would really tell myself to spend a lot of time with her and to never take her for granted. I would let myself know that college is a wonderful experience, and nothing to be afraid of. I have really overcome many fears that I once had and am now comfortable putting myself in what would have then been an uncomfortable situation. I would say during this first year of college I find out just how much I can do. Then I would probably smack myself in the back of the head for not filling out scholarships in high school.

Jarred

My classmates are very close and are looking forward to staying together.

My classmates are very close and are looking forward to staying together.

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would definitely be to get more involved in highschool and take more AP courses. They have really helped me credit wise and with saving money. I would also apply for more scholarships because I really need the help now that I'm in college. It's been tough because I'm the first one in my family to go to college and we had no idea how expensive it is. I would definitely tell myself to try harder for scholarships.

Any person that loves a hometown feel, but still enjoys a rather large college town. It's really for people that are looking for close experiences with professors. The school is great because it's in a great pert of time and there is so much oppurtunity here.

Carolina

If I could go back in tima to myself as a high school senior, I would advice myself to save money and to get a part-time job at least. I also would tell myself to get an Amazon account because books for college are expensive. I would also advice myself to apply to as many scholarships as possible. I would also tell myself to watch out for the desert in the cafeteria because my health is important no matter how good it looks. I would have also told myself to be social and get more involved than I already am.

I brag the most about the close knit community. Clubs become almost like a family including sorority and fraterrnity houses.

The most frustrating thing from my school is the technology. The computers are pretty slow and the printers work half the time. The internet is also pretty slow. The other thing that is frustrating is that I do not know where all my money is going that I pay to go here. The food is not always the greatest. It is not always satisfying.

Lenoir-Rhyne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.