Hickory, NC
Lenoir-Rhyne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lenoir-Rhyne University

First I would say, don't be scared to ASK FOR HELP! Don't think you can do somethings all yourself. Secondly, study and figure out different ways to study, so you can get the best grade possible. Lastly, to not put things to the last minute. That is a major problem that young adults have and if you can stay away from that, more power to you. But if you are a night before it's due, don't be!

You need to work hard and make good grades to succeed in college. College is hard and expensive! Apply for alot of scholarships and financial aid. Enjoy summer and your senior year while you can but not to much, you will regret getting crazy later in life. Be wise in who you keep in your life and who you need to leave. Dont let anyone hold you back and grow closer to God to help keep you going. Learn to love reading and taking notes. Main thing enjoy life and make the best of every situation. Goodluck and never give up!

Anna

Anna, you're smarter than you think you are. Do not waste your time working at job that makes you miserable. While you're young, it is time to reach for the stars in the sky and seize your dreams! Start today by focusing more on your education now, in high school. College is not hard, but it builds on what you already know. Anything that won't matter in ten years, anyone who will drag you down with them... forget them. Don't give up on a class or a professor. Sometimes, the ones you don't like at first become the best ones! College is hard work, no doubt. Deadlines, assignments, group projects, tests. You are going to be the first person in your family to receive a college degree! You and your future family will live a better life than your parents ever did, or even you did, as a child. A teaching job is the most precious job in the world. People trust their children in your care, and you have the privilege to mold the new generation. Learn what you can, because you are learning for them.

victor

Do not think that finding a job is everything, the money you make today is not evrything you think you might be having a goodtime now and driving a nice car now, all of this is just stuff you are able to obtain quickly "it's not worth it" all these jobs come and go so quick.......... get yourself and education and pick a major that you will be passionate about so that work does not seem like work, because without your education all you will ever do is "work"

Curtisha

Small classes, teachers are always available, but not very much to do on the weekend.

Very friendly, most are very intelligent.

Upon completing high school, there are many things students hope to receive from their college experience. Lifelong friends and loads of fun are the things that seem most important; that is, until you get to college. My focus completely changed when I got to college. I realized what would really be important in life: a good education. In high school, i was a slacker and procrastinator but at Lenoir-Rhyne I have learned many skills that have helped me to overcome those qualities. I've learned how to balance academics and my personal life, how to study, and most importantly how to manage my time (which really came in handy when I began to join clubs and start working). From Lenoir-Rhyne I have gained friends that are always willing to help, faculty that want the best for me, and values that will live with me forever. The small class sizes and campus support has definitely been worthwhile, and will definitely prove to be when I get into my dream grad school!! My focus has changed and I now have the grades and resume to prove it. If I could go back and make changes, I wouldn't.

nicole

Returning to school became a must after having my daughter, knowing full well I would be raising her alone. Previous to having her I suffered a critical, life-threatning accident, depression and anxiety: ultimately becoming disabled. I know that I cannot raise a little girl on my own, living on disability. So I fight everyday to get to school and too get good grades. I started at a community college, Rockland Community in NY, and I found that I thoroughly enjoy learning. A teacher let me in on a little secret: if you excel and get good grades, you can finance your education that way. I earned membership into Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society, and that opened up so many opportunities. Being a single mother, I cannot do all of the things I want to as far as extra-curricular activities are concerned. And, suffering from severe anxiety, I tend to keep my head down. But, I can tell anybody in a similiar position, I am starting Fordham University in the Fall. I am fufilling my dream, and learning first-hand how to beat my own disabilities and I will be getting an Ivy League Education.

My college experience here at my school has really changed the way I look at things. Ever since I attended Lenoir-Rhyne, I noticed that I am more social and outgoing towards other people. I would honestly have to say that living the college experience is definitely different from what I expected. I really enjoy being independent within the dorm room along with my roommate, able to make my own decisions, complete assignments, and meeting awesome new people. It has been very valuable to attend here because I feel at home. Even though I only live in the dorm for the school year, I consider it to be my second home. It is where I finish all my work, study for exams, and hang out with friends. I really do appreciate attending this school for it abling me to be independent and become more social with others.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the lack of security on campus. Not that I do not feel safe, I just feel that the school needs more camera systems and more lighting around campus. Overall, my school is one of the best schools that I know of.

Donald

Day by day i wake up knowing that, I am a college student. Its been a kind of hard transition out of high school , dealing with all the freedom, trying to carry out the responsibilites to the class. This is going to be my thrid quarter at Green River Community College, and what I learned so far is that I shouldnt take any class for granite because im paying for the classes. So far, my college expericence has been great, the instructors I previously had were very intelligent in the sense of helping peolpe with their every needs, having office hours that work fittingly with people's schedules, and they all took time out their day to assist me with certain material I didnt understand. Since ive been in college it has been valuable for me to attend, because i know im going to learn something new everyday that's going to have a positive outlook in my future. I attend because I want to make something of myself, I attend because I wanted to be the first in my family to get a college degree. I attend because I want to extend my learning capabilities.

My classmates are all around well rounded, original people that not just keep themselve up or others around them but our school. Granted, my freshman class is a litte crazy and the Dean agrees too, we really are a well based class with good goals and a good head on our shoulders.

Out of my college experience thus far I have learned college isn't as easy and fun as it seems and everyone make it out to be. College takes time, dedication, responsibility, and major growing up. In my college experience I have learned that procrastinating turns into long nights that turn into mornings, friends are a dime dozen, and you'll never appreciate where you came from and your raising any more in you life. College is hard and isn't all parties and being free from parents. Sure, there will be partie that you have to take responsibility for yourself..and others. You will miss your mom, regardless....rather it's her washing your clothes, fixing you a sandwich, or beng able to admit you just miss your Mommy and spending time with her. College this far has taught me more about myself than I ever knew I could learn, from religion to morals to friends to growing up.

The best thing about my school, in my opinion, would be the small well rounded "Lenoir Rhyne" community. Lenoir Rhyne is a very small school where everyone gets to know everyone with many events going on and information available to everyone. In a small school, classes are smaller, instructors are more engaged in each individual student instead of a classroom of one hundred or more, and the small community based school rises together to "rise up" as one.

Jadelyn

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take more AP classes and to learn to open myself up more to new opportunites and people. It would have helped me a great deal now if I had taken more AP classes and gotten college credit for them. It would have saved me some money and I would not have to take some of the classes that I am taking now. I would have myself open up more so that I could obtain more experiences with new people. I tend to keep to myself, and by opening up, I would be able to make more relationships with the people that I meet at school everyday.

I enjoy the small campus and knowing the people around you. You see most of the same people, so you actually get to know the people around you, and you're not roaming around as just another face. I also like the small class sizes.

A person who doesn't want to be noticed, wants to have large class sizes and one who does not enjoy the cold.

Lenoir-Rhyne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.