Hickory, NC
Lenoir-Rhyne University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lenoir-Rhyne University

Thoma

I would stress the importance of studying not just doing homework. College is a different ball game. You are given the infoormation but in most cases it is up to you to put that information to use. Dont think college is easy. You cant do what you were doing in high school and expect that to be enough. It is important that you get those study habits now and then college wont be such a shock.

Lenior Rhyne is for almost anyone. There is help for people that are deaf and other physical situations. If you have the desire to learn and be pushed this is the place for you. If you want to float through college, you dont want Lenior Rhyne. If you think the world owes you something you dont want to come to Lenior Rhyne. Lenior Rhyne is tough but makes you better.

I was frustrated that the professors didnt tell me what was going to be on tests. I guess this frustrated me the most. However, I realize that I had to think on my own and make things happen for me. Although I was frustrated by this I realize I was being taught.

Mereidth

Ready to take on the world but lacking the experience to do it effectively.

Ready to take on the world but lacking the experience to do it effectively.

Go to a community college first and take as many hours a semester you can. Graduate with an Associates and a high GPA. Retain all your papers and books and refrence them often. Don't settle for a grade less then what you feel you honestly worked for. And if you don't understand, ask as many questions as you want until you do understand.

The extremely high cost of tuition for a middle class family.

Jadelyn

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to take more AP classes and get the required grade to get college credit hours. It would help so much in the long run, even though the class may have been very hard. I would also tell myself to work more on my study habits, such as time managing and better note taking. It is crucial to have those skills so that when it comes time to study, you have everything you need and can focus on the most important points. Another aspect I would mention would be to shadow someone in your intended major so that I would know if it is what I really want to major in. It would save me the trouble of second-guessing my decision.

It's a small size and small classes. You get to know who's in your class and you see many people you know around campus. There's lots of activities to partake in and many clubs. It's a good college experience for someone who wants to get away from where they live.

The worst thing is the tuition cost. It's a private school, so the cost is higher.

James

LIfe is not going to turn out the way you have it planned! So take some risks and do what it is that you know in your heart to be true. Follow the big dreams and don't settle for less than what you desire. Don't worry about the little things like GPA and your silly girlfriend. The plans you think that you have and the way you picture your life turning out is going to be completely different in 4 years. My advice: TAKE ALL THE OPPORTUNITIES THAT COME YOUR WAY. You are going places and these small oppotunites are going to take you to BIG BIG things down the road. LIVE HARD!

Small Town person with a love of tight community. A person not afraid to be themselves despite public opinion. Someone looking for an intimate college experience hoping to be exposed to different avenues of life. A person who loves to learn without pressure.

MY SCHOOL IS A SMALL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL WITH DRIVEN AND ENTHUSIASTIC STUDENTS

MY SCHOOL IS A SMALL CHRISTIAN SCHOOL WITH DRIVEN AND ENTHUSIASTIC STUDENTS

MY CLASSMATES ARE FRIENDLY AND EASY TO GET ALONG WITH.

I would tell myself to not be afraid to go for what you want in life. Don't wait until your mid thirties to take that step.

Angela

don't give up on your dreams and listen to your heart

don't give up on your dreams and listen to your heart

one who doesn't want to read outside of class

Jose

Some of the classmates are very friendly and try to be as friendly as they can be. There are times that they would try to help each other in whatever they can. Friendship is the best thing that ever existed in this world. Many of us try to do fun activities for the weekends when most of our classmates or roommates go home. As you can see some of us are really good friends, like I said before some of us, but not all of us have the same interests leading to isolation and not share precious moments with others.

Moving into college is a big step in your life, a step that not everyone has the opportunity to experience. You only experience it once in your lifetime, it can be very hard for you to do this if you are not prepare. In order to get ready for this step you have to do work hard on a few things. First able you have to plan out how you are going to pay the tuition, contact your administration office of your recent school, talk to your parents and find out how they can help; whether they going to support you (if any support), you must apply for scholarships and grants. Once you have figure out how you going to pay for your college, now is the time for you to start looking for the colleges you desire to go, and find out what are the advantages of each college and choose the one that best suits you. When that day comes for you to depart to college, have your family and close friends (if any) come with you to help you move in. This transition is a big process in your life and it could be unforgettable.

One frustrating thing about the school is that there are some teachers that are over demanding for every little subject, and want us to do large number of assignments in a matter of short time. Another frustrating thing is having to take classes that are not core classes for their major. The current college that I am attending requires me to take a religion class, which I am really opposed to this idea. My suggestion to this situation is to have many different types of classes of religion to avoid future problems with any students and avoiding any lawsuits.

William

Pick the school based on how the professors and staff make you feel. Not everything can be listed and be perfect, but you can't underestimate the value of good professor-student reltationships. That is what is most important for the educational experience.

Faculty don't support Christian activities

Ellen

Lenoir Rhyne is a small but great school that helps mold people into the best they can be.

The moment I got to the school I am now attedning i new it was the right place for me. Make sure you visit and possible school and if you do not feel comfortable their that is a definite indicator that maybe it is not the right place for you. Also make sure the school is in your price range. It will just be one big headache later.

Lenoir Rhyne is a small school that allows you to get the best education possible. You never feel lost in the crowd, and you feel you have the freedom to speak up and get clarification on any subject matter. Professors and advisors are very dedicated to your sucess and are always looking out for you, and helping you.

Lenoir-Rhyne University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.