Lewiston, ID
Lewis-Clark State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis-Clark State College

Catherine

I am returning to college after 22 years. Going back to college has always been my dream. Receiving a 4.0 grade average for my 1st semester has helped restore my self confidence. I have bi-polar disorder and post traumatic stress syndrome from having a severely abusive childhood. My bi-polar disorder has for years left my ability to concentrate minimal. Along with my post traumatic stress syndrome, I am overcoming my fear of people. I am currently living on disability income. I feel it has left me living in a rut and want out of my current situation. Going back to college is my only way to improve my life. I’ve pushed through my fear and anxiety and made the leap to go to college. This was a huge step for me and I am so glad I did. While being married with my husband’s income, leaves me only with student loans to pay for college. I commute 70 miles a day to attend. It is stressful and a struggle but I will do what it takes to finish and receive my degree.

This college has one of the lowest tuition rates yet still provides an excellent education.

This is a wonderful college with smaller classes so you get hands on help by the instructors.

Sandra

What I have obtained in my college experience, are the necessary skills to succeed not only in life, but also in the workforce. The experience of my studies is valuable. For its merit has helped me by being able to set better goals and has provided the motivation to reach those goals. My education is extremely important as it has and is still helping provide the knowledge that is needed for my career. By being able to study in college, it has allowed me to grow more aware of the life that lies ahead of me, and has provided the building blocks of a successful future. This, in itself, is the most valuable possession of my life, since it will be something that always will be with me. My educations will not only helpful in the workforce, but also in my daily life.

I've meet a lot of different people from different cultures and am exposed to many different classes. It's been valuable because I know when I'm done with school I'm going to have a degree that will allow me to get a very good job and have a financially stable future. It's also been valuable because of the different cultures I'm getting to experience.

Any one who likes the small town feel will love the smaller campus size. Campus is diverse so I think everyone would feel comfortable.

I have smaller class sizes than most colleges. The girls and boys basketball teams are phenomenal.

Anne

Great Nursing and Buisness programs. Low tuition.

I've learned an appreciation for my education in college, as I've had to work hard to pay for my classes. As such, I'm a harder worker and value my classes more than ever. I look forward to the day I can go full-time again, and hopefully not worry about paying tuition constantly.

Alisha

A supportive community of teachers and students who will do what they can to help you reach your goals.

Focus. If you do not pay attention and have realize you are doing this for a reason, even if you cannot see that reason just yet, you will have not learned anything and wasted all your money. Come to class. You are paying more than you may realize for it. Be open minded to your teachers. Although, they have flaws, there are reasons for what they are doing. Even if you do not like them, you can learn from them, and you are paying to do just that. So suck it up, come to class, quit bitching and listen.

In these short four years of college I have grown from a know-it-all teenager to someone who realizes I will never know much at all. The teachers and classes have directed me toward a solid goal of doing what I love. They have pinpointed my weaknesses and helped me overcome them. I no longer fear failure as I once did. I no longer show up late to events that I may not see the value in. I now have productive life and business habits and most of all, I have met some amazing people.

Ethan

Majority are motivated and most are there to learn and get degrees, but a few others are there just killing time.

I started college by going to a bigger university where I was seperated from my family for the majority of the year. Because it was a bigger university it was much more expensive. In order to pay for the cost of living on campus, tution and other school expenses, I had to work two jobs while trying to take 12-18 credits worth of class. It didn't turn out very well and I basically ended up throwing away almost twenty grand because I didn't pass my classes because I was working all the time. After two years of doing this I made the choice to move back home and attend the local college, Lewis-Clark State. After completing one semester I realize now this is where I should have started. The smaller college, along with staying at home, and only working one part time job has made it much easier to pass my class and retain some of what I learn in them. If I had a chance to go back and give myself advice, I would order myself to go to LCSC and leave the bigger university for later, or possibly not at all.

I like the smaller classes, although it does make it harder to get into them when making a schedule, it helps with getting to know whose in your classes on more than just a first name basis. I also like the availablity of the professors. Most days you can find them in their offices or can get a hold of them by email. They are very responsive and helpful.

Heather

Lewis-Clark State College is very diversified and allows for a wide range of opportunities.

This question is easy for me...I would encourage, no beg myself to take school seriously. I would tell myself to get good grades, study hard and get as much financial aid as possible. I would let myself know that going back to school as a 30-something single mother is difficult and that being in college is such an opportunity worth taking. I would let my former self know that working hard as an eighteen year old freshman is nothing compared to working hard as a thirty-something single mother (freshman) with bills to pay and a roof to keep over her families' head. I would say, "dare to dream, reach for the stars but keep your feet planted on the ground". "You are a lot smarter than you think you are...prove it!"

One of the greatest things about Lewis-Clark State College is there is no "one type" that attends. There are many non-traditional students; single mothers, fathers building a better life, grandparents eager to learn, etc. If someone wants fantastic Professors that really give individual attention, a great curriculum and a wide range of opportunities, then that's the type of person that should attend.

My fellow Lewis-Clark State College students are very friendly, supportive and easy going.

Being a transfer student from Boise State Unviersity, the most unique characteristics of my school here at LCSC is the small class sizes and the personal relationships I have developed with my professors.

A lot runs through the mind of a high school senior. Mostly, for me it was the fact that I had completed what felt like the final chapter of my education, for a little bit at least. I was going to get away from my city, state, and nagging parents. However, if I could have done it differently, I would have sat myself down and told my young, ignorant self not to waste my time during the first year of college. That there is more to life than social networking and parties. I would have told myself that a college education is a previlage not to be taken lightly. I would have explained how important it is to remember to go to class everyday and to get your work done, then you can go and off and have fun. I also would have made sure to tell myself that college is an investment in your future, and once you take a year off its very difficult to go back, and very expensive. Having said all of this, I do know now that going back after a few years off is definitely hard, and a strain financially, but its worth it.

Kenzie

My school is unique because the classes are pretty small. There is a low student to to ratio. It allows for one on one teachi...

My school is unique because the classes are pretty small. There is a low student to to ratio. It allows for one on one teaching.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to take all classes possible. I would advise myself that taking the easy way out is not always the best. I would advise myself that there is plenty of time to grow up and make money later on in life; right now your schooling should be your main priority. Life is going to be tough from here on out, but don't let it get you down; it will always get worse before it gets better. Tough it out.

I don't consider anything about my school as bad...if I had to choose; maybe that the seats are uncomfortable.

Lewis-Clark State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.