Lewiston, ID
Lewis-Clark State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis-Clark State College

Alexandra

My school is small in size, so it allows for a person experience. Also, it is a respected university that allows people to stay in their home towns to try to cut down costs.

I would tell myself to not be overwhelmed by how much college was ahead of me and to focus on succeeding one semester at a time. I would also talk about how important internships are and to try to do several of them during my time spend in college. Finally, I would emphasize what an amazingly positive impact my degree will make in my future and to take it very seriously.

Danielle

Take at least one year off to travel, work, gain life experience in order to really determine what you want to study. If I had taken more time to work in the health care field, I would have still studied music, but would have realized sooner that going to medical school was not for me. It's important to take the time to actually gain real life experience in the field you think you may want to pursue. This gives a more clear picture of the life you will lead and what direction you should take.

Cody

Class mates, for the most part, are nice, but very interesting people.

Class mates, for the most part, are nice, but very interesting people.

My college experience didn't start out the greatest. There are many things that I didn't know and it was hard to find anyone to help me. Now I have learned where to look for scholarships and help. My counselors in school told me that there were none available, and my biggest downfall was that I believed them. When you have a 3.75 GPA all through high school like I did, use it! Don't listen to others, always take what they are saying with a grain of salt. As you first start college take everything as it comes and be sure to get out there and make new friends. College is where life begins and the fun happens. Live the college life to its fullest. I didn't learn this until second semester and it is so much better. Don't worry so much about the money during school. Yes you will be a broke college student like the rest of us, but you don't have to pay for entertainment anymore. Plus the fact is that if you keep good grades the money will come with the scholarships. Don't forget to live the college lifestyle!

People that are fun, kind a like to learn. Some of the people here are not very dedicated to their work at all and would rather party and goof off the whole time. We need to see more individuals that can work together and accomplish greater goals for themselves and our school as a whole.

Randi

If I could go back in time I would probably take myself out for some Mexican food and have a long talk about doing well in school. I would tell myself to focus more on academics and not worry about getting a job to pay my car insurance. I would help myself to set up a study plan and figure out early on what I might want to do as a career instead of just floating though the system. I would help myself find direction and set in place the fundamentals of a good study system that I am just now learning as a Junior in College. I would tell myself that college is not harder than high school but different. College takes more focus and self discipline. I would tell myself to work on being a better student and that college was a chance to start fresh and prove to myself that I can succeed in academia. I would tell myself to not be afraid to fail and to ask as many questions as I can! I would also tell myself to never take no from someone not qualified to give you a yes.

I think the best thing about LCSC is the low tuition costs and the low teacher to student ratio. All the teachers are willing to help and there is an amazing support network of students helping students. Lewiston is mdsized so things are accessable and close to campus. There are plenty of extra activities for students to attend in their off time. The facilities are old but well maintained for the most part.

The administration seems to fight against the students progress. The finantial aid office is full of very rude women and the administrative side seems to be spread out and hard to find around campus. Things are in three different buildings and communication between the offices is not existant. Sometimes it seems the administration is protective of their image more than they are focused on earning that image. It also doesn't help that our president likes to drink.

Bethany

My school will provide academic, social and individual success for any person who attends it.

I have always been a hard worker in school and I have been determined to get good grades and succeed in school and in life. So I don't have much advice I would give to myself, but I do have advice that I would give to other seniors in high school. College is very high paced and it can be easy to get behind in classes if you don't keep up with them. The first day of college a person has to be ready mentally to do well and learn the material in the class. Writing notecards helps a lot in order to memorize information and use repitition to learn it the quickest. Another thing I find helpful is to get homework and assignments done as quickly as you can. Once you have the information you need to do an assignment or essay, do not procrastinate! Stressing over an assignment right before the deadline will result in a worse grade. More time can be spent studying as well if an assignment is done quickly. Lastly, having a balanced life by working out regularly and hanging out with friends in addition to studying is the best way to go!

Any person I think could attend this school. It is great for students who need one on one help in their classes. Any ethnic backgrounds are also welcomed at this school. The school is very friendly and welcoming for foreign students as well. There are many activities for students to participate in such as; sports, outdoor activities, volunteering and ethnic groups.

Tiffany

Stay with your family a little longer and save up a little more money befor you move out on your own. There is nothing wrong with staying with family and working but not paying rent. And also have some more fun your only young once.

I wish i would have know how hard it was to go to school full time and still have to work full time.

when they close down the intire parking lot and it limits the parking.

Heather

Lewis Clark State College has smaller class sizes. I didn't realize how important this was until I began classes. The individual attention and professor availability make all the difference. Although the class sizes are smaller, the number of majors/degree programs available are more than double the amount of other smaller schools that I considered.

Stick it out!!! My top advice would be to tell myself (my High School self) that it's worth it. I'm a 34 year old freshman/single mother...it would have been so much better if I would have been disclipined enough to get a higher education when I was younger. I would tell myself that it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes, it may seem difficult at times but it's so worth any and all effort and struggle to better yourself and your future (and the future of your son). I would tell myself to study hard, get good grades and focus on the end results. Although it's work, it's also so much fun. Look beyond the core requirements (past that math class that you really don't want to take) and see the possibilities, the classes that you want to take and where they are going to take you in your life. I would say, "You can do it, I have faith in you. You are smarter than you give yourself credit. The sky's the limit...go for it!"

Wow, that's difficult to answer. I think getting a higher education is so important. Anyone that isn't serious about improving their life shouldn't attend this school (LCSC).

Heather

My class mates are a lot younger then I am. They are all great

Dear Heather don't drop out your sophmore year of high school. Keep going. To go back in your thirties is very difficult. Wait to have a family. Start your career then a family. Trying to keep up with bills and kids is very hard. Now I worry about paying my bills and taking care of my kids. That stress makes it harder to concentrate on studies.

Kirsten

I wouldtell myself to no be afriad to go to college. It's a great time, and you will make lots of friends. Also i woukd remind myself to keep up on my grades from the beginging. Because once you get behind, it's hard to catch up. And finally i would remind myself that i am a good person, and I know how to handle myself, and manage my time, because thats what college is all about. It is all being proud of who you are and being true to yourself, with a whole lot of time management!

small class sizes and activities on campus.

Lewis-Clark State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.