Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

The words I would tell myself would be as much advice as they would be admonishment. I would tell myself to stop dwelling on the past that plagued me throughout high school. I would tell myself to overcome the pain that I went through in my personal life. And I would tell myself to reach the potential I always had the ability of attaining. If I could tell myself those words, my transition into college life would not be half as difficult as it had been. My heart would have been open to others without fear and my mind would be sharper than ever in class. If I could tell myself those words, I would not be me. I would be a better man than I am today; there is no doubt of that.

I wish I had known that I would become who I am today because of this school. Before coming to this university I was close-minded and introverted. Now I am open minded for many things, I have friends for life and love, and a passion to excel in Mock Trial, something I have never done before.

When I brag to my friends about my school it is about my achievements through extracurricular groups and the interesting classes I take. I am especially proud of my achievements on the Mock Trial team and the challenging studies that my teachers put me through in order to help me achieve my goal of becoming a law enforcement officer and lawyer.

Sara

Knowing that nursing is such a difficult and demanding program, I would say to myself to take college courses before classes started to keep up with general education requirements because once in the nursing program, it is very hard to take classes along with nursing. I would also tell myself that I should always stay positive as I always do and to make new friends that will last a lifetime. I should not be as hard on myself if I do not do well on one test because nursing is very difficult and few students are straight A's or B's for that matter. College is a time for learning and growing while preparing for a future career. It is also a time to spend with friends and to have fun.

Lewis has a very difficult nursing program. When we have breaks such and summer and winter breaks there is still homework and papers to complete as well as online tests.

Lewis University is a small school, so students who want a big school experience not get that here. This school is not for people who want to join sororities of frats.

Brittney

I would tell myself to just keep focused, and to take it one step at a time. There is honestly nothing to worry about, and as long as you have a clear mind and determination, there is nothing about the transition you cannot handle.

That there are small class sizes. the professors care about the students progression, and you will honestly not find another school with professors as great as these. Also, Lewis has an amazing center offering tutoring, and job placement skills that help you once you graduate.

The bills stating how much we owe on our tuition is never kept up to date. Therefore, i always have to pay extra, and then wait for the University to pay me back.

Because I am a nursing major that requires to study an awful lot, I would go tell myself to learn how to study efficiently and start to study more often than I was used to. Therefore, I would get used to studying, and already know the best and most efficient way to study. Knowing how to study is very important and can make or break a student. I would have also told myself to take some advanced placement classes in high school so then I would not have to take as many classes in college, and I would already have some credits out of the way.

The worst thing about Lewis University is that it does not have very many social activities. They do not offer very many clubs or activities because it is a small private school. So I find myself bored or studying all the time.

A person who does not like to study very much should not attend Lewis University. It is a very tough school, and it requires studying for at least ten hours a week. Most students, like myself, also work outside of school so it is tough to get in all the study time that I need.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school I would tell myself to put more effort into finding and submitting more scholarships. Also, I would tell myself the transition from my home town to college is different, but with time it will get better. Within the first few months of school, first impressions are everything. The key to meeting new people is confidence and kindness. Positive personalities are contagious and other people remember the student with a smile on their face who starts a friendly converstaion.

As a resident, I find that the worst thing about my school is the interaction with the girls in my dorm. I feel the resident advisors need to plan events that would bring the different cliches of girls together. This inturn would help the students become a community that helps eachother with homework or any social problems.

Patricia

Lewis University is a remarkable school because of its great diversity amongst the students, and also because of the tremendous one-on-one assistance the professor's give to the students. that need help.

As my freshman year of college was about to begin, I only knew little of what to expect. Knowing what I know now about college life and the transitions I have encountered thus far, I would tell myself to manage my time wisely. Throughout my high school years, I had the time to work, go to the health club, and have some "me" time to relax and watch tv. In retrospect, I felt like I had no time to do the things I wanted to do because I was constantly studying and doing homework. Granted, I got my homework done before ten o'clock each night, but I was so drained that I constantly wanted to sleep. Another thing I would tell myself is not to procrastinate the slightest bit. In high school, I used to study for exams the night before the exam took place. I thought that my bad habit from high school would work in college, but I was not too pleased with my first exam grade. After finishing my first semester of college, I now know I need to strategize better for my second semester to come and am ready to do so.

Before attending Lewis University, I wish I would have known what the exams would have been like. In my opinion, high school exams are slightly easier than college exams. The exams that are provided in college consist of more in-depth questions, whereas high school exams get right to the point.

Annmarie

My school offers the Healthcare Leadership program which is not found everywhere. I also like the flexibility of being able to choose the campus you would like to attend. You don't find that at most schools.

If I had the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself not to go to college right away. When I was a high school senior I was not mature enough for college. I did not understand the amount of money it would cost and the amount of responsibility and effort it would take. Although I knew I did not want to go to college I went anyway to please my parents. It was the biggest mistake I ever made because I did not do well in school and I eventually dropped out. When I look back on it now I am sick about the money I wasted. I would tell the high school version of myself not to worry, that with time and maturity I will want to go to college, and when that times comes it will be the biggest priority in my life. Lastly, I would tell myself that it is okay not to do what people think you should do or expect you to do. People need to do things in their own time.

I think Lewis is a great school for someone who is looking for small classes. At Lewis you feel like you are known by your professors and and the other staff.

Jody

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice i would give would be: to start my search for the right college early, to remember to still concentrate on academics through my senoir year, and to not stress over little battles, college opens many new oportunities. For each peice of advice I have a reason for why, and how, it has impacted me. I started my college search very late in my senior year, I feel that had I started sooner, perhaps applied to more schools and taken more visits, making the final dicisson would have felt easier. Nevertheless, I dont regreat any of the steps I took on my way to finding Lewis. You know its the right choice when you can look back and say that the hard choice was the easiest one of your life. I would remind myself that academics are still important! Many seniors tend to not focus as much on school, this can make the transition very difficult, the college workload is twice anything in highschool. Finally i would remind myself to not stress over little things, college has opened so many doors!

Lewis University is a small school with a beautiful campus! What I like most about it is the friendly atmosphere. I've been able to meet tons of new friends and build relationships that will last the rest of my life! Lewis also has a wonderful teaching staff, I feel that the professors I've had truely know me and that they are willing to help my on my journey to graduate! Lewis University has provided me with a quality academic and social atmosphere for learning!

Before coming to Lewis University, the admissistration provided the incoming freshman with an orentation weekend. There they gave the new students background about the school, the admissistration, campus life, and many other inportant features of Lewis. I feel that one main improvement that could have been made before I came, was for more information to be given about campus policy and ways to recive academic help if needed. This would gaurnetee that if I was struggling my first year, that the school would still support me.

Meagen

Lewis University is a school dedicatedto the education of it students, as well as a place where one can grow and develope the skills one needs to pursue their goals i life.

If I was able to go back to high school and speak with myself about college life I would tell myself to make sure I took as many writing classes as one can becuase you will do a lot of report writing in college. I would also suggest getting involved in school activities such as school government so that when you move on to college and you enter into a new school you will feel more comfortable speaking with new people. Taking a speech class is another lovely idea, it will help prepare you for the massive amounts of speeches that most college classes require. I would tell my high school self that I need to apply for scholarships starting right after midterms and not a minute later because there are millions of people applying for those same scholarships. The most important thing however is to enjopy your senior year and not to stress to much because you can't go back and redo it, you need to just have fun being young, once your in college you enter the real word.

I tend to brag about the small class sizes, how helpful everyone seems so be and how lovely the campus is.

Melvetta

I would tell myself to take class serious, do all my work, and don't play around because from what I know now college is no joke. In college you will think its going to be all fun and games, but its not you have to set goals and remember them. Your going to have to seperate school life from social life just like in high school. I will tell myself that college is hard and that high school is suppose to prepare you for college and if its not then prepare yourself. I would say Melvetta don't spend so much time hanging out with friends. While you watching the freshman and sophmores plays volleyball, you can be doing your work. Mel I just don't want to see you give up on yourself and not do your best. Melvetta do your best and try hard don't let anyone take your focus from you. Be smart.

I believe that Lewis University is a great school. It is a small school, where everyone knows everyone. It has a great staff where they want to see you make something out of your life. The classes will be hard like at any college, but the staff will help you with the work if you ask. In the classroom there is no more then thirty people in the class. You can get one on one help with the teacher and your classmates can help you also.

The worse thing about the school is that it is so small that everyone knows everyone. Your private business everyone is going to know it, because just like in high school people talk. So if you tell no one your business and keep it to yourself then you would not have a problem at Lewis University.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.