Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Julia

At my high school, we were able to make up test and quizzes that we may not have done well on. With this, I found myself not having to study and as such didn't learn as much as I possibly could have. I would love to go back and study more, so that when I came to college I would have a study routine down and also have more knowledge in various subjects. Also, I wish I would be able to tell myself to enjoy the experience of school. Often times I get too caught up in having to type papers or catch up on work I put off that I wish I didn't procrastinate as much. Similarly, I find myself as shy at some times and this only hinders the experience of college. I wish I was able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior and tell myself all of these things. It may not make for a perfect college life, but it'd help lead me on a straight path.

At Lewis, the teachers are always available for extra help if you need it and they're really passionate about their job. Also, the class sizes are small so it allows for extra interaction with instructors.

The worst thing about Lewis would be the worth of the finals. Many of the finals are cumulatative and worth alot of percentage points of the final grade that if you do well throughout the semester and some how do horrible on the final, it'll bring your grade down alot. The finals should be worth while, but not so much as the dramatically change grades.

Ron

My school is a small school that feels like a family. Many students get to know eachother more personally, both commuters and residents alike. Teachers and students also get to interact more and know more about eachtother that helps the student when they need help. This also helps the teacher see how well they are prepapring their students for the future

Looking back from my freshman dorm I would go back and instill some advice to myelf. I would tell myself to look for scholarships early. The counselors may have badgered us about them but they were right. It is never too earlier to look for scholarships. Scholarships will benefit you in the long run for they will be there when you don't want to take out anymore student loans. Those loans seem little and simple at first but they add up in the end plus interest. Scholarships can also help to make your decision on a school easier. Money is a big issue nowadays and it could be the decidin factor of going to your choice school or settling for the second or third. I know part of my decision to go to Lewis University depended on the financial aspect of the total equation. So start early in looking for scholarships. There are many out there and you don't have to pay them back. It's practically free money they are giving away. All that needs to be done is filling out a form.

Lewis University helped me to transition myself from high school to college. They accomplished this through welcome days when only freshman were on campus and were able to interact with people in thier class. On these days they also had volunteer projects that the school was not focused only on academics or athletics but also on the community. Those days will help me better acquaint myself with others and will help me be a well-rounded individual.

Kimberlee

When you get into college be prepared to be more responsible. Proffesors put more on you to get your stuff done. Teachers in high school remind you when things are due and are really easy on you. In college it is a lot different. Sure, the Proffesors are great but they are teaching you to be able to do things on your own. Don't procrastinate because you need to be able to put effort in all of your assignments so that you will be happy with your grades and deserving. I would also tell myself to never get discouraged and to try my hardest and to not ever slack off. I would tell myself to pay full attention and to learn as much as I could. What we get out of it is our choice. I would tell myself to look at assignments as opportunities to grow and to learn. It really helps shape who you are going to be and what kind of life you will have after school. I would tell myself to get good learning habits so that the transition would be a lot easier for when a big work load is given to me.

I really don't think that there is anything wrong with it. They give us a lot of rules for us to follow but those rules keep us responsible so that we do better on our school work and so that we become better people. It shapes us into the people we will become. For instance, no drinking or drugs. Also, not being out passed a certain time. This helps us to get the rest we need to learn and so we can get our stuff done. It really is great to have those rules.

Ben

My classmates are fun, smart, and friendly.

My classmates are fun, smart, and friendly.

I would advise myself not to get lazy and to keep up with my hard work. Make sure that I have lots of good friends that can help me make it through the years.

The worst thing about my school is that the professors aren't around often. This makes it difficult to ask for help in any given class.

Katherine

My school is best known for aviation majors as well as broadcasting. It is also known for the volleyball team, but since it is a smaller school it's not known for many things other than that. It's only known about in local areas anyway since most students are commuters

As a naturally introverted person, I would tell myself to not be so scared of new experiences and new people. I always had friends in high school, and I never had to venture out into anything new to have fun; however, as soon as I got to college I had no idea how to make friends. Friends had always come easy to me, and it was awkward for me to go to social settings and be outgoing. I was always unhappy about not having friends my freshmen year, and then I finally realized that I wasn't going to make any friends by sitting in my dorm pouting. So, I would tell myself to be more active, go to more events, talk to random people, go to more parties, and not be so afraid of making a fool out of myself because thats how you make great friends and great memories.

You shouldn't attend this school if you are all about going out or the social aspect of college. There aren't tons of parties, and most students care a lot about thier studies. Also, don't attend this school if you don't plan on coming to class a lot because the class size is small and most classes take attendance. Most of the teachers are active with their students so they know if you are there or not.

My classmates have all been nice, but mostly reserved.

My classmates have all been nice, but mostly reserved.

Dear Nicole of 2003, You are getting ready for your first semester of college, so I wanted to share some wisdom (if you can even call it that). I am a junior and I have learned a lot along this journey towards adulthood. First of all, stay on top of your work. I know that you are a smart girl, but in college no one is going drive you towards success harder than yourself. It is easy to push work off, but do NOT procrastinate?it?ll be the death of you. I was really bad with this until I learned that I had to review classroom material almost everyday; not just if I had an exam or quiz the next day. The next biggest issue besides the work is the freedom to play. You?ll meet some of your best friends in college, but remember that you are still in school for YOUR future. Have fun, but be responsible. I would suggest making friends in different organizations on campus. It?ll get you involved in different campus activities and you?ll meet people with the same interests. Good luck! I know you?ll do well! Love, Nicole of 2009

I feel that the worse part of my school is the lack of social interaction between people. I transferred from the University of Illinois Chicago, a huge public school in the city, so the environment and atmosphere between there and Lewis University is so different. UIC also had a lot of commuters like Lewis, but I think the environment there was almost more commuter friendly. There were more lounges to relax, study, and meet people. At Lewis, the campus seems so empty after noon. I also haven't seen many things to get involved in besides fraternities/sororities.

I chose Lewis University over the other schools I applied to because of the major I chose. I am perusing a degree in Broadcast Journalism, and Lewis has one of the best programs. As a first semester freshman, I have already taken an Introduction to Radio class where I learned to develop, produce, and host my own weekly radio show. I also learned how to import music to our collection, promote the station, run the board for sporting events, and create liners and other production elements. It was a fun class and I feel prepared to take the next step.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself not to be such a worry-wart. I had been so scared to leave high school. I thought that I wouldn't make any friends, that I would struggle to keep my head above water. I was afraid of failure, afraid of not getting along with my roommate. I felt that anything that could go wrong, would go wrong. Yet, I had enough confidence to give it a shot anyway, dispite my fears. I would tell myself that no matter what, don't worry. I would say, "Amanda, you'll be okay. You are an intelligent, loving, charismatic girl, and you will d owell no matter what comes your way." As I write this response now, I am reminded of the John Michael Montgomery song, "Life's A Dance." There's a line that says, "Don't worry about what you don't know. Life's a dance you learn as you go." If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to listen to that song everytime I had a worry about my future. I would learn that no matter what, everything would turn out fine.

I do not think there is really a bad thing about my school. I am a resident student so of course there are issues with dorm life, but those are usually minor and handled in a respectful manner with those who are involved. I do think some things should be made clearer at orientation; like that we need to call a ?courtesy line? for noise complaints. Even though it?s a small detail, things like that would make the transition to college life a bit easier.

Leslie

Lewis University is a wonderful school to attend , weather your 19 or 40. For the youner generation, the campus keeps you entertained with lots of activity and theathical concerts and musical opportunity. The campus building are close and convienent to get to class during the cold weather. Facility and staff are readily available for tutorial assistance, as well as referal to psychological assistance if needed. For the older students as myself, Lewis has allowed me the opportunity to reflect on when I was young and what an opportunity this campus would have make in completing my degree 25 years ago..

Nursing, Aviation, Criminal Justice, Education, Theology

Leslie, there is a time and place for everything in life. This is your time to complete your education and have the opportunity to open new doors for women of color in four to six years from now. You are a strong young woman that is born to lead. As a future leader, you must learn history of former leaders and the struggles that affected all men and woman. Having your degree will open opportunity that don't exist to people without degrees. The process introduces educational knowledge that you might not appreciate at the time, but when the opportunity arises, you will be well prepaired and diverse on multiple level and able to lead others who lack that mental awareness. It is your destony and the history of women in the Ford family. Don't hesitate this journey and allow anyone to deter or redirect your attention. Your are truly a star and all stars shine. If you have to get a student loan in order to make it happen, then do it. Most important, don't allow the lack of financial aid to stop you. Keep going no matter what, never stop, you can and will do it.

Natalie

All the students at Lewis Univesity are extremly easy going and welcoming people who always try to make you feel like you belong at school with them and can always make room for you in their circle of friends.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to take a little more time in high school and work on those grades a bit more. I did pretty well in high school but a few semesters could have been better and they really could have helped me get more scholarships at Lewis. I would tell myself to go with my gut instinct and pick the school that I think is amazing in every way, shape and form. And that is what I did. They day I saw Lewis I fell in love, and I knew where I wanted to go. I look back and think about where else I could have gone, and I really picked somewhere that I wanted to be for college.

Anyone who likes a small school, small one on one classrooms and anyone who does not enjoy class discussions should not attend this school because these are all the amazing traits that my school holds.

Kelly

Lewis University is best known for its Aviation and Aviation Maintenance programs, its Division One Men's Volleyball team, and its Catholic and Lasallian heritage.

Dear Self, I know you are nervous about college, but take a minute, calm down, and breathe. You've done excellently in your high school classes and have proved that you are ready for college. As you begin next fall, remember that while grades are important, so is the rest of your experience. Do your best in your classes, but don't kill yourself trying to be perfect. Some professors won't hand out any As, so don't put the pressure of getting straight As on yourself. Work hard, but play hard too. As you move into the next stage of your life, you are bound to meet many new faces. Be open to what each person that you meet has to offer you. Just because you haven't heard good things about a person doesn't mean that you shouldn't meet them and have the opportunity to form your own opinions. Remember that not everyone is in your life for its duration, and that it's ok to grow apart from old friends because you'll be making plenty of new ones. Enjoy college and make the most of it. Love, Yourself

I'm disappointed in University Ministry because for a group of Christian people, they are not very welcoming. I believe that as a Catholic University they should also be more willing to embrace Catholic teachings and Tradition.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.