Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Christina

A friendly campus with professors that tend to be caring of their students.

A friendly campus with professors that tend to be caring of their students.

Lewis University is a smaller school than the other schools I considered which is a good thing.

I would go back and tell myself that college is a little bit more fun than I expected it to be. It is amazing to learn to depend on yourself and then to develop more responsibility. Transitioning to college is a learning experience, not only from the school stand point, but also to learn about yourself and who you are. I would also like to tell myself that while college is not easy, it feels so much more rewarding than high school. Lastly, I would like to tell myself that living on campus can be a little hard at first to get used to, but you can make some very good friends living on campus. Other than that, I would not have any advice to give myself when I was a high school senior.

Mary

Lewis University is unique because it is more culturally diverse than other schools I considered. For example, there are 166 Asian students currently at Lewis University. Another way that this school is unique is that it has a variety of extracirricular activities. There are a number of clubs and organizations that students can join. Some of these include Psychology Club, and Pre-Law Club. Finally, this university is unique due to the fact that the General Education requirements are different. For Instance, Lewis University has Ministry General Education requiremnts. These courses encourage community service, cultural diversity, and religious knowledge.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a Senior, the first advice I would give is to study even more than I did then. Although I was a diligent student, college curriculums require more studying to ensure success. Also, I would tell myself as a Senior that the type of work in college is different. In high school, homework was mostly questions from the book or worksheets. However, college instructors expect that students will read the chapters that they lecture on. There is more research or formal papers required. Furthermore, I would explain that there is a contrast between how high school and college instructors give the information to the students. HIgh School teachers mostly put their lecture notes on Powerpoint. On the other hand, college professors deliver their lectures verbally. Moreover, college instructors demand that their students make group presentations. While I was in high school, most presentations were individual presentations. There are more individual presentations at the college level as well. Another piece of advice that I would give is to learn how to register for classes on your own since this is how students register for classes in college.

One trait required for a person attending Lewis University is to be conscientious. It is imperative at the college level to be hard-working in order to complete the required tasks. Also, someone who attends Lewis University accepts cultural diversity. This university has students from many different cultures. Therefore, it is important to understand other cultures in order to gain knowledge and ease communication between students. Furthermore, it is necessary for students attending this university is to help the community. Through different volunteer opportunities, people will have the opportunity to better the community by improving the school and society

Going back in time, the advice I would have given myself as a high school senior would be to stop looking at the private expensive schools and look more into the benefits of community college. I should have listened to my mother when she started talking about community colleges. But being a high school senior and thinking I knew best I would just blow off my mother's opinion. I wanted to be like everyone else and go away to school even though I didn't like to party. I know now that I should have listened to her. Mothers really know what is best. Together my mom and I would visit the expensive schools but after the visit my mother would always tell me to think about community college. I never did until about April of my senior year. The advice I would have given myself would be to start talking to community colleges around my house earlier because they offered the best options for me. Not only could I run cross country which is my passion I could save thousands of dollars. I wish I would have known that earlier in my senior year of high school.

I don't think shy students should attend this school. You need to be outgoing and willing to go outside of your comfort zone in order to make friends.

I think the worst thing about my school is how hard of a time transfer students have adjusting. Since my school is so small, being a transfer student was not easy. Everyone already has their own friends and even when you try to be in clubs and organizations the clicks dont want to have you join their group. I was a transfer student myself and the only friends I found were commuters. I am only friends with a couple of residents-which I am myself.

Danielle

If the Doctor with his TARDIS suddenly appeared to take me back to my high school self, I'd have a lot to say. Since leaving high school I've learned the importance of planning ahead. I would tell myself to always have an eye on the bigger picture, and to try being more conscious of the impact that actions taken in high school will impact the rest of my life. Taking the easy way out, being lazy and unproductive... these are what make the difference between the college of your dreams and working retail. I would explain that not going straight through college meant paying for that decision with sweat and long hours, working twice as hard as college-educated peers for half as much money. My high school self needed to learn to stop daydreaming about a magic fix to all life's problems and to instead proactively work to solve them. I would also tell my high school self to save the money from part-time jobs and put it in a high-yield savings account instead of frittering it away. Of course, that creates a paradox in which I am no longer applying for scholarships...

Dan

Hello you know you remind me of my self when I was younger. My name is Dan. Here let me give you some helpful tips when it comes to college. First, as a freshman in a new place you wont know many people. The solution is to relax and be social and more importantly be nice, people like nice people and pretty soon yoour going to have more friends than you can shake a stick at. Second, this is college so act like it, do your work and turn it in when its due, so simple but as you will understand verry difficult. Thirdly, never cram the night before an important test spread the information out over a few nights, you will remember more and you wont be exhausted during the day of the test. Lastly, roomates, as a part of college expierence you get a roomate, something to remember is that there going to think your just as weird as you think they are, so no worries. But it is verry important to lay some ground rules early on to avoid awkward moments or mishaps. Most importantly just be yourself and enjoy college for its many joys and privilages.

There are several things good about Lewis University. My favorite is the friendly people on campus who are there to help, complete strangers who share the same goal as you do. This same goal is to get the best education avialiable. I like the friendly people because it helps to gel the college expieriece. As a freshman I didnt know many people, I was far away from home, and I didnt know the area. But the friendlyness of the people made it easy to solve these problems that most freshman struggle with.

There is no answer for this question, Lewis University is a sanctafied zone. Which means that it is accepting of all types of people.

Xiomara

My school has a great sense of community and a great program for my major.

My school has a great sense of community and a great program for my major.

I would start off by saying it is way different than college. College has more responsiblity and you have to be more mature in what you decide to do. Also I would say that college gives everyone a lot of work so prepare to read, write, and study a lot. In high school I didn't study like I had to in college. I would also say choose wisely on what college to go to because it is only important to make yourself comfortable. Also know what you want to do, be prepare and it will help you through college. The professors are really caring and want you to succeed.

I wish I would have known that I had to come to the arts and ideas programs. I am a commuter so it is very hard for me. I also wish I knew that it was a long drive there to where I live now. I should of stayed on campus.

Max

Lewis university offered a direct plan for me to become an air traffic controller. the school i selected was near my home and was perfect for me.

After high school i spent four years working two to three jobs one of whcih throughout was the night shift as a courier. That experience makes college much more valuable to me. Who I am, and the motivation to become who i want came from those experiences. Therefore, I really do believe going without many things has lead me to appreciate what opportunities i now have. I would have to simply tell my high school self to find out what i had to, I truely know it was neccasary

The university that I attend is best known for it's aviation program and airport.

I would tell msyself to stop worrying and take the time to enjoy the experience. When I was a senior in high school I was so worried and anxious about moving away from home and starting all over. Now I realize that there was nothing to be afraid of. I would tell my self to really enjoy the summer before college started and to start reading some of the course material. I would tell myself that the transition is not bad but there is a lot of work ahead of me. I would tell myself that the professors are nice and very approachable; and that they are willing to help with the adjustment.

Some of the scientific equipment is outdated and some of the building are really old and need to be redone.

Brian

Take your time in choosing the college that is really your best fit. Being a high school senior is tough and there is a lot going on, but making the right college selection has an enormous impact on the next several years of your life, and has effects for the rest of your life as well. When deciding on your college do not base your decision on one fact, but carefully weigh as many aspects as you can. There is more than cost to be weighed, though that certainly has its importance. Consider location (and relative location to your hometown), size of the school, extra-cericular activities offered, degree programs offered, living conditions (or commuting distance), mission statement of the school, and any feedback you can obtain from those you know who go there. Take the necessary time to make the right choice. It's worth the reisk, and you will be much more happy for the next few years wen you can rest knowing you made the right choice!

The school is a very small one with a cozy campus which allows everyone to get chances to meet one another and get close to one's fellow students. It is hard to get lost and easy to make friends in this small location.

People who are concerened with growing intillectually with an acadmeic focus should go here. Outside of the classroom, there is little this schol has to offer. However, the teachers are mostly effective and the classtime is valuable.

Jacquelyn

Lewis University is best known for flying. It is the only school in the area that has its own airport. Lewis is also known for its LaSallian tradition and the Christian Brothers. It is one of the few Catholic and LaSallian schools in the Chicago area. One unique feature about the school is the theatre. The Philip Lynch Theatre is the original airplane hanger for the school and now holds a thrust stage and seating for only 241 people. It is a very intimate space and and a wonderful space to perform in.

Since I'm a theatre major, I really looked at the difference in the theatre departments and the stages that they have. When I first walked into the Philip Lynch Theatre, I was excited to see how intimate the space was and the beauty and the theatre itself. I was so breathe taken by the performance and the professional status of the theatre that I only knew that I HAD to perform on that stage. It seemed as if it was calling my name and that it was my destiny to go to this school and perform on that stage.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. When I was applying for colleges, I was not taking advantage of all the random scholarship websites that offered scholarships for the most random things. There were scholarships for people with brown hair or blues eyes or a relative that was a certain ethnicity. I didn't think that I had a chance at half the scholarships on those websites when I actaully did. When my friends got into their first year of college, they recieved all kinds of random scholarships that I could have applied for too. Now I regret that decision so I am applying for every scholarship I get a chance to do, including this one.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.