Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Jacquelyn

Lewis University is best known for flying. It is the only school in the area that has its own airport. Lewis is also known for its LaSallian tradition and the Christian Brothers. It is one of the few Catholic and LaSallian schools in the Chicago area. One unique feature about the school is the theatre. The Philip Lynch Theatre is the original airplane hanger for the school and now holds a thrust stage and seating for only 241 people. It is a very intimate space and and a wonderful space to perform in.

Since I'm a theatre major, I really looked at the difference in the theatre departments and the stages that they have. When I first walked into the Philip Lynch Theatre, I was excited to see how intimate the space was and the beauty and the theatre itself. I was so breathe taken by the performance and the professional status of the theatre that I only knew that I HAD to perform on that stage. It seemed as if it was calling my name and that it was my destiny to go to this school and perform on that stage.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. When I was applying for colleges, I was not taking advantage of all the random scholarship websites that offered scholarships for the most random things. There were scholarships for people with brown hair or blues eyes or a relative that was a certain ethnicity. I didn't think that I had a chance at half the scholarships on those websites when I actaully did. When my friends got into their first year of college, they recieved all kinds of random scholarships that I could have applied for too. Now I regret that decision so I am applying for every scholarship I get a chance to do, including this one.

Ariel

The great opportunity to travel and be involved in the community no matter what year or major you are.

Knowing what I know today there are a million things that I would tell myself as a high school student. I would begin by re-assuring myself that college isn?t as scary as it seems. The looming buildings and well acquainted upperclassmen aren?t as intimidating as it seems. They are willing to help and show you around, even if you?re a freshman. The second thing that I would tell myself is that I should cherish the moments I have with my friends, but not to think that is the end. Just because some relationships change and evolve while others change and die doesn?t diminish what they were. IT also doesn?t mean that there won?t be great relationships in the future. The final thing that I would tell myself is to dorm. Despite the cost, the experience and ease of living on campus is unsurpassed. In high school the world seems to only reach the school doors when in reality there is a whole untapped world just beyond them. This plus reminding myself to be confident and focused is the message I would give my high school self.

I am currently a commuter so traveling back and forth to school everyday is a hassle.

My classmates at Lewis University are friendly, always willing to help if i have questions, and are not judgemental.

If I could give myself advice as a high school senior with the knowledge I now have about college I would tell myself to calm down and take it easy. College is not as bad as I thought it would be. Don't be afraid to ask questions and take as many oppurtunities as you have to make new friends and to get help. Make time for homework and sleep, while still having fun. Don't get too stressed because everything will be fine. Just take college one day at a time and make sure to always do your best, even when you feel like you have already given everything you have.

Before coming to Lewis University, I wish I would have known about more ways to receive financial aid and scholarships.

Knowing what I know today, I would have made a few changes. As a high school senior I would have worked alot more to be able to go out with my college friends. I have heard the term "college kids are broke" and from my experience it is completely true. I also would have looked into living on campus. Currently I am a commuter, but I feel that becasue of that I miss out on the whole college experience. I want to live in a tiny dorm that I have to share with a complete stranger. I want to know what it is like to be on my own and not live in the same household as my parents. I want to know what that freedom and independence feels like, but for now that will have to wait for next year. I also wish that i participated in more campus activities, for example I think I should have gone to the events at SOAR weekend and hung out with my cross country team more. The students and courses are exactly what I thought they would be so I don't have any changes concering those topics.

I love how the professors are willing to work with you. They give you their office numbers, house numbers and cell phone numbers. The professors are very nice, understanding and flexible. I do not think I could find professors like these anywhere else. The students who attend Lewis are alos extremely polite and always have a smile on their face.

A person who is not dedicated and is not friendly should not attend Lewis. The students and falcuty here are very sociable and willing to lend a hand if one is ever needed.

Cara

Dear past high school senior, You will be going to a brand new school with many new people. It is a pretty big school, but don't be afraid. Don't be so shy as you were in high school, talk more, be open, make new friends! Take up offers to hang out with people, do study sessions. Don't forget to do your homework and study, you want to keep that GPA up as best you can, you never know what might happen in the future to cause you stress. Don't let the stress get to you, you are stong and you can succeed in your college carreer. Always, Your Future-Self

Finding the correct location or office that you are trying to reach.

The most frustrating thing about my school, is that I drive 20 miles to get to school, and 20 miles home from school.

Kathleen

I would tell myself not to sweat the small stuff... like boys that didn't like me, parties I didn't get invited to, and girlfriends that would talk behind my back. Instead I would tell myself to studier harder, attend class more, and be nicer to people than I was in the past. I would encourage myself to join more clubs besides the social ones, sports besides cheerleading, and stay in on the weekends. In other words I would say, be true to your self, don't stop going to church, and don't let people get you down. Because that was my downfall in highschool. I was too involved socially to see the bigger picture, and didn't care enough about myself to notice that I was failing myself. Upon entering college I would say to myself, just study, attend all classes unless contagious, and hold your head high because unless you are happy within your own skin, you won't be able to achieve your own dignity and self worth.

Someone who isn't willing to work hard

Leis University is a tiny little campus in the middle of Romeoville. Romeovlle isn't the most attractive city to have a college, there is a refinery right down the street. However Lewis is like its own little beautiful town. There are trees, flowers and picinic tables everywhere. However it is during the Christmas season that Lewis really glows. As you drive up the drive to Lewis there is a giant star and nativity set. Almost all the trees are covered in lights and while walking around campus at night it's liek our own littlle wonderland.

Lewis university is full of many differnt students from all different states. It's amazing to be able to meet new peolpe from all over and to see the differences that you have with them. These people you meet at Lewis will be your friends for years to come. The bond you make with these people as you study for hours at a time is unbreakabke. They are there for you in the hard times when you can not see the light ahead,. They push you because they know your potential and that if you can do anything.

College is hardest thing you will ever do in life. I know you want to be a nurse Brittany. Let me tell you this is no easy program, as it should be. Be ready to work. You cannot drift your way along this program. You have to be willing to work harder then you have ever worked before in your life. You need to be disciplined. There will be times when you don't want to look at your notes for one more minutes, but you will have too. You will have to give up your social life for the next two years. There will be no time to go out to the movies with friends, no time to attend family parties. All that there will be time for is studying and possibly a little sleep, if you are lucky. Now that I've told you all this let me give you the greatest piece of advice I have learned. Research your schools you want to attend. Visit them! Don't just pick one that is making this decision more convenient for you. Re-take your ACT, because that number will follow you around for the rest of your life

Melissa

Lewis is a wonderful community that cares about their students and their future after lewis.

If I could go back in time and tell my self how to transition from highschool to Lewis I would not change anything about how I did it. I remeber being nervous to join a big community but Lewis was able to orient me on success day to the campus and the community and now I know that Lewis prepared me for life ahead. Lewis successfully helped me transition from a highschool student to a college student with no problems. I am glad that I chose to come to Lewis and would do it all over again.

Anybody can attend this school and feel welcomed and invited to be there. Lewis is a community that will except anyone to help them succeed in life and be who they want to be.

Robert

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself better choices that school year. As a senior, i slacked off more than half of the time and procrastinated way too much. I lost a lot of my good study habits I developed in the past and I really struggled to not fall behind. If I went back in time, I would tell myself to avoid the mistakes I made in order to perform much better academically. Secondly, I would tell myself to not procrastinate applying for scholarships because I know that if I applied for them earlier, I probably would have gotten at least one, which would really have benefitted us financially. Finally, as a senior I would tell myself that I was meant to go to Lewis University. Most of the year I planned on going to a community college, but changed my mind in the beginning of the summer. At first I thought that it would not work out, but I think God took a bad situation and made it very good, because I really feel like I was meant to be here at Lewis.

I would have wanted to remember where every building was located so I could navigate my way around campus easier and I would have wanted to find out where I was going to live on campus earlier than I did

I always tell people that the campus itself is really nice and that my university offers a lot for its students, such as great extracurricular activities, a good selection of food throughout the day, and other things that really make me feel like I am getting my money's worth by coming here

Sara

My classmates are some of the funniest, wittiest, and nicest people one could ever meet.

If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to relax and have fun my freshman year. I was so nervous about how people would think of me, that I wasted my first year trying to be what I thought everone wanted. College, to me, is about find who you really are and embracing it to the fullest. It's about not always having to fit in. It's about making those friends that love you for exactly who you are. I have learned all of this in my short time in college. I wish I would have went into school knowing this.

Someone who is bright and social who is ready to learn.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.