Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Dan

Hello you know you remind me of my self when I was younger. My name is Dan. Here let me give you some helpful tips when it comes to college. First, as a freshman in a new place you wont know many people. The solution is to relax and be social and more importantly be nice, people like nice people and pretty soon yoour going to have more friends than you can shake a stick at. Second, this is college so act like it, do your work and turn it in when its due, so simple but as you will understand verry difficult. Thirdly, never cram the night before an important test spread the information out over a few nights, you will remember more and you wont be exhausted during the day of the test. Lastly, roomates, as a part of college expierence you get a roomate, something to remember is that there going to think your just as weird as you think they are, so no worries. But it is verry important to lay some ground rules early on to avoid awkward moments or mishaps. Most importantly just be yourself and enjoy college for its many joys and privilages.

There are several things good about Lewis University. My favorite is the friendly people on campus who are there to help, complete strangers who share the same goal as you do. This same goal is to get the best education avialiable. I like the friendly people because it helps to gel the college expieriece. As a freshman I didnt know many people, I was far away from home, and I didnt know the area. But the friendlyness of the people made it easy to solve these problems that most freshman struggle with.

There is no answer for this question, Lewis University is a sanctafied zone. Which means that it is accepting of all types of people.

Xiomara

My school has a great sense of community and a great program for my major.

My school has a great sense of community and a great program for my major.

I would start off by saying it is way different than college. College has more responsiblity and you have to be more mature in what you decide to do. Also I would say that college gives everyone a lot of work so prepare to read, write, and study a lot. In high school I didn't study like I had to in college. I would also say choose wisely on what college to go to because it is only important to make yourself comfortable. Also know what you want to do, be prepare and it will help you through college. The professors are really caring and want you to succeed.

I wish I would have known that I had to come to the arts and ideas programs. I am a commuter so it is very hard for me. I also wish I knew that it was a long drive there to where I live now. I should of stayed on campus.

Max

Lewis university offered a direct plan for me to become an air traffic controller. the school i selected was near my home and was perfect for me.

After high school i spent four years working two to three jobs one of whcih throughout was the night shift as a courier. That experience makes college much more valuable to me. Who I am, and the motivation to become who i want came from those experiences. Therefore, I really do believe going without many things has lead me to appreciate what opportunities i now have. I would have to simply tell my high school self to find out what i had to, I truely know it was neccasary

The university that I attend is best known for it's aviation program and airport.

I would tell msyself to stop worrying and take the time to enjoy the experience. When I was a senior in high school I was so worried and anxious about moving away from home and starting all over. Now I realize that there was nothing to be afraid of. I would tell my self to really enjoy the summer before college started and to start reading some of the course material. I would tell myself that the transition is not bad but there is a lot of work ahead of me. I would tell myself that the professors are nice and very approachable; and that they are willing to help with the adjustment.

Some of the scientific equipment is outdated and some of the building are really old and need to be redone.

Brian

Take your time in choosing the college that is really your best fit. Being a high school senior is tough and there is a lot going on, but making the right college selection has an enormous impact on the next several years of your life, and has effects for the rest of your life as well. When deciding on your college do not base your decision on one fact, but carefully weigh as many aspects as you can. There is more than cost to be weighed, though that certainly has its importance. Consider location (and relative location to your hometown), size of the school, extra-cericular activities offered, degree programs offered, living conditions (or commuting distance), mission statement of the school, and any feedback you can obtain from those you know who go there. Take the necessary time to make the right choice. It's worth the reisk, and you will be much more happy for the next few years wen you can rest knowing you made the right choice!

The school is a very small one with a cozy campus which allows everyone to get chances to meet one another and get close to one's fellow students. It is hard to get lost and easy to make friends in this small location.

People who are concerened with growing intillectually with an acadmeic focus should go here. Outside of the classroom, there is little this schol has to offer. However, the teachers are mostly effective and the classtime is valuable.

Jacquelyn

Lewis University is best known for flying. It is the only school in the area that has its own airport. Lewis is also known for its LaSallian tradition and the Christian Brothers. It is one of the few Catholic and LaSallian schools in the Chicago area. One unique feature about the school is the theatre. The Philip Lynch Theatre is the original airplane hanger for the school and now holds a thrust stage and seating for only 241 people. It is a very intimate space and and a wonderful space to perform in.

Since I'm a theatre major, I really looked at the difference in the theatre departments and the stages that they have. When I first walked into the Philip Lynch Theatre, I was excited to see how intimate the space was and the beauty and the theatre itself. I was so breathe taken by the performance and the professional status of the theatre that I only knew that I HAD to perform on that stage. It seemed as if it was calling my name and that it was my destiny to go to this school and perform on that stage.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. When I was applying for colleges, I was not taking advantage of all the random scholarship websites that offered scholarships for the most random things. There were scholarships for people with brown hair or blues eyes or a relative that was a certain ethnicity. I didn't think that I had a chance at half the scholarships on those websites when I actaully did. When my friends got into their first year of college, they recieved all kinds of random scholarships that I could have applied for too. Now I regret that decision so I am applying for every scholarship I get a chance to do, including this one.

Ariel

The great opportunity to travel and be involved in the community no matter what year or major you are.

Knowing what I know today there are a million things that I would tell myself as a high school student. I would begin by re-assuring myself that college isn?t as scary as it seems. The looming buildings and well acquainted upperclassmen aren?t as intimidating as it seems. They are willing to help and show you around, even if you?re a freshman. The second thing that I would tell myself is that I should cherish the moments I have with my friends, but not to think that is the end. Just because some relationships change and evolve while others change and die doesn?t diminish what they were. IT also doesn?t mean that there won?t be great relationships in the future. The final thing that I would tell myself is to dorm. Despite the cost, the experience and ease of living on campus is unsurpassed. In high school the world seems to only reach the school doors when in reality there is a whole untapped world just beyond them. This plus reminding myself to be confident and focused is the message I would give my high school self.

I am currently a commuter so traveling back and forth to school everyday is a hassle.

My classmates at Lewis University are friendly, always willing to help if i have questions, and are not judgemental.

If I could give myself advice as a high school senior with the knowledge I now have about college I would tell myself to calm down and take it easy. College is not as bad as I thought it would be. Don't be afraid to ask questions and take as many oppurtunities as you have to make new friends and to get help. Make time for homework and sleep, while still having fun. Don't get too stressed because everything will be fine. Just take college one day at a time and make sure to always do your best, even when you feel like you have already given everything you have.

Before coming to Lewis University, I wish I would have known about more ways to receive financial aid and scholarships.

Knowing what I know today, I would have made a few changes. As a high school senior I would have worked alot more to be able to go out with my college friends. I have heard the term "college kids are broke" and from my experience it is completely true. I also would have looked into living on campus. Currently I am a commuter, but I feel that becasue of that I miss out on the whole college experience. I want to live in a tiny dorm that I have to share with a complete stranger. I want to know what it is like to be on my own and not live in the same household as my parents. I want to know what that freedom and independence feels like, but for now that will have to wait for next year. I also wish that i participated in more campus activities, for example I think I should have gone to the events at SOAR weekend and hung out with my cross country team more. The students and courses are exactly what I thought they would be so I don't have any changes concering those topics.

I love how the professors are willing to work with you. They give you their office numbers, house numbers and cell phone numbers. The professors are very nice, understanding and flexible. I do not think I could find professors like these anywhere else. The students who attend Lewis are alos extremely polite and always have a smile on their face.

A person who is not dedicated and is not friendly should not attend Lewis. The students and falcuty here are very sociable and willing to lend a hand if one is ever needed.

Cara

Dear past high school senior, You will be going to a brand new school with many new people. It is a pretty big school, but don't be afraid. Don't be so shy as you were in high school, talk more, be open, make new friends! Take up offers to hang out with people, do study sessions. Don't forget to do your homework and study, you want to keep that GPA up as best you can, you never know what might happen in the future to cause you stress. Don't let the stress get to you, you are stong and you can succeed in your college carreer. Always, Your Future-Self

Finding the correct location or office that you are trying to reach.

The most frustrating thing about my school, is that I drive 20 miles to get to school, and 20 miles home from school.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.