Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Michelle

I would like to have started college earlier. I am an older adult and I only have 20+ years to work. I think that if I had started earlier, I would be in a better paying job with some senority.

I think that this school is perfect who takes committment seriously. It does not discriminate.

Daniel

Since I'm a freshman I am still new to this college experience. If I could go back I would definitely tell myself to get into all the different clubs starting day one. I wish I would have gotten more involved with my university. All the different clubs and activities help you make new friends. Your larger network of friends can really help you out in the future. Through friendships you will meet more people of which some might be hiring for a job you might be interested in. Your knowledge of these people will really increase your chances of getting that job. You can never have enough friends, if I could just go back to beginning of the school year I would definitely get involved with those clubs that I was considering on joining but never got out and joined.

No matter what school you choose to attend there is always going to be many projects and homework assigments. This is probably the worst thing about any school, not just Lewis. I don't believe its necessary to give out all this outside work when majority of our learning is in the classroom.

There is too many different things to brag about. The campus is great, the sport teams are outstanding, the teachers are really informational and know what they are doing. The campus is close to where I live and this makes Lewis the perfect university for me.

Candace

Everyone is always there to help out their classmates. Everyone is also friendly and easy to get along with.

I would better prepare myself for the work load to come, and start practicing better organization skills.

Someone who doesn't like to be involved that much, and who doesn't feel comfortable working with others or speaking with others.

christina

its small campus, friendly staff, and aviation program

its small campus, friendly staff, and aviation program

if i could go back to talk to myself as a high schools senior i would have a lot of positive advice about college life. i would tell myself to be organized and to learn how to properly manage my time. i would tell myself to work on managing my stress and i would tell myself to have a routine sceduale to go by that would help me complete my work on time. it also would be a good suggestion to complete some of my work ahead of time so that i dont get overwhelmed or stressed out. another thing to remeber is its always good to ask for help. just because you ask for help doesnt mean you are stupid it just means you care about your education and you are mature enought to know when you need help. its always good to ask for questions when you are unsure instead of just assuming things and it always is good to verify information with your teachers. college life is all about being responsible and learning about yourself as an individual. you have more freedom in college which is a postive thing that helps you adjust to being more independent.

the large amount of homework and studying that i have to do

I would tell my self to take college seriously. To take time out to enjoy my friends and family now. To be prepared to work hard because college is not the laid back party time your told it is. I would tell my self that anything is possible and if you belive you can succeed. I would also tell my self that you should listen to your parents and not try to gorw up to fast. When your in high school and going in to college you are always told these are the best days of your life stop and enjoy them you don't have to be an adult yet so top trying to be. At that time you really don't understand it and often try to grow up faster. Looking back at all my parents and teachers advice i would say listen to them. They know what they are talking about and all though you don't realize it now in a few short years you will and you don't want any regrets.

Someone who is focused and knows what they want to do they need to be hard working and dedicated. They need to know when is the time for work and when you really have to buckle down and work hard.

The professors tend to be more strict so you do not have as much freedom as you would at some colleges. Also I don't live on campu but I here that there is not much of a social world here.

Brenda

I got pregnant my freshman year in high school at age 14. I missed prom, I missed all the fun things that a teenager should enjoy. Instead of being a cheer leader, I was a mom, in school, and working. Life teaches us many lessons - I can't say that I would change anything. I don't condone teen pregnancy, but I am proud to say my daughter just completed her bachelors in engineering at University of IL and is pursuing a masters. Since my daughter is on her path, I thought to finish my journey and get my bachelors. . If I could talk to myself during my high school years (in order to prep for college), I would have encouraged myself to finish college when it was $26 a credit hour as opposed to $600 an hour now.

I brag about the prestige of Lewis University. It's similar to telling someone you drive a Mercedes. I say "I attend Lewis" and people are like '"WOW!".

A person who is not serious about their education should not attend Lewis. A person who is not open to new experiences should not attend Lewis.

Shannon

It's nursing and aviation programs, and for being a catholic and lasalian university.

It's small, only about 30-35 students per class.

Re-take the ACT and try and get a higher score. Apply for more scholorships. Don't pick a major right away. Don't worry about taking AP tests, because most of the credits earned for them don't transfer over or let you not take certain classes, so save your money and don't bother with them. Adopt better study habits!

Marek

My university is best known for Aviation and Nursing.

My university is best known for Aviation and Nursing.

I If I could have made some suggestions and give myself some advice for my senior year in high school I would definitely work harder in all my classes and I would take a lot more honors and AP classes. These classes would prepare me for college. The honors and AP classes are structured more like a college class and the atmosphere is the same. The expectations are a lot higher, and you really have to work in these classes to pass. This same principle applies in college, but here in the high school you can prepare for the college atmosphere. Taking more of honors and AP classes in high school would help me make the transition a lot smoother and easier. This would be because I would be already used to the college atmosphere and work at an early is. The bottom line is work harder in senior year and don?t give up.

I would brag the most about the atmosphere at the University. Everyone is very friendly and they are very helpful. The classes are small and the teachers are great. Lewis University is a great private school.

Jasmine

I would tell myself to take care of my health, as it is of utmost importance. Having suffered from then-undiagnosed bipolar disorder and an eating disorder, my health was in a precarious state for years and I nearly died. I would tell myself to reach out and get the help I needed. I would also tell myself to pursue my goals rather than listen to well-meaning people and pursue what they wanted me to do. Because i wanted to please others, I changed majors more than once. One of those majors, nursing, changed my life forever. If i could go back in time, I would major in English and attend a four-year university. Because of my circumstances, I am still rebuilding my life. Due to the medical help I receive, I am much healthier now. I am in better shape to achieve what I want. My goal is to return to school in January 2010 and complete my Bachelor's degree in English. Even though I am 26, I still believe I can graduate with a degree and work towards being a book editor.

Tomasz

This school is very focused on students. Each student here has alot of resources available to allow him/her to succeed. The professors are very helpful and eager to help each individual student.

I would tell myself to enroll in a community college in order to get accustomed to college and save a lot of money. I would than recommend that I look into 4 year universities with a well known business program. Once I know what school that would be, I should see what classes I can take at the community college that will transfer directly to the 4 year university so that I'm not wasting my time and can finish my undergraduate degree as quickly as possible. Lastly, I would strongly encourage myself to not drop any classes and take a class during summer break in order to graduate a semester or two earlier and save myself tuition costs.

The prerequistes to many of the courses I'm enrolled in now.