Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Robert

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself better choices that school year. As a senior, i slacked off more than half of the time and procrastinated way too much. I lost a lot of my good study habits I developed in the past and I really struggled to not fall behind. If I went back in time, I would tell myself to avoid the mistakes I made in order to perform much better academically. Secondly, I would tell myself to not procrastinate applying for scholarships because I know that if I applied for them earlier, I probably would have gotten at least one, which would really have benefitted us financially. Finally, as a senior I would tell myself that I was meant to go to Lewis University. Most of the year I planned on going to a community college, but changed my mind in the beginning of the summer. At first I thought that it would not work out, but I think God took a bad situation and made it very good, because I really feel like I was meant to be here at Lewis.

I would have wanted to remember where every building was located so I could navigate my way around campus easier and I would have wanted to find out where I was going to live on campus earlier than I did

I always tell people that the campus itself is really nice and that my university offers a lot for its students, such as great extracurricular activities, a good selection of food throughout the day, and other things that really make me feel like I am getting my money's worth by coming here

Sara

My classmates are some of the funniest, wittiest, and nicest people one could ever meet.

If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell myself to relax and have fun my freshman year. I was so nervous about how people would think of me, that I wasted my first year trying to be what I thought everone wanted. College, to me, is about find who you really are and embracing it to the fullest. It's about not always having to fit in. It's about making those friends that love you for exactly who you are. I have learned all of this in my short time in college. I wish I would have went into school knowing this.

Someone who is bright and social who is ready to learn.

Ted

I would say that the biggest thing about attending college as a freshman would have to be continuing to be yourself no matter what. There are a lot of pressures, influences, and temptations that go along with college, and if you stay true to yourself during these times you will not give in and become someone you do not want to be. The goal in college is to not only find out what you want to do with your life, but also find out who YOU are going to be in your life. The college years are a major transitioning point in your life, and if you become a person that you do not neccessarily like, then college was all for not. I believe the most important thing about college again is to find your true self. There are so many different activities, classes, events, and gatherings that allow a new student to truly experience and learn who they really are on the inside. I believe you should take in as much as you can, learn everything you want, be as active and social as you feel comfortable with, and allow yourself to become your peak potential as a person.

I wish I had known that even though the finacial aid here is abundent, it still has a hard time covering the costs of the school. With this school being a private catholic institution, there are many other costs beyond just what tuition requires. Room and board, parking permits, lab fees, books, and many other things at this school can cause many financial headaches for students. I wish that I had known that the school would require so many additional payments for miscellaneous actions. We pay enough with tuition, to have to pay to park is ridiculous.

The worst thing about my school is the price. The school, although offering many scholarships and awards, still costs around $18,000. It is still hard to come up with up the extra money to pay for our school which costs over $30,000. I understand that every school has it's costs to go there, but this school being a private catholic institution raises the costs even more compared to public schools. I believe the school is an awesome place to grow, develop, and learn, but the price is very hard to get past.

Michelle

I would like to have started college earlier. I am an older adult and I only have 20+ years to work. I think that if I had started earlier, I would be in a better paying job with some senority.

I think that this school is perfect who takes committment seriously. It does not discriminate.

Daniel

Since I'm a freshman I am still new to this college experience. If I could go back I would definitely tell myself to get into all the different clubs starting day one. I wish I would have gotten more involved with my university. All the different clubs and activities help you make new friends. Your larger network of friends can really help you out in the future. Through friendships you will meet more people of which some might be hiring for a job you might be interested in. Your knowledge of these people will really increase your chances of getting that job. You can never have enough friends, if I could just go back to beginning of the school year I would definitely get involved with those clubs that I was considering on joining but never got out and joined.

No matter what school you choose to attend there is always going to be many projects and homework assigments. This is probably the worst thing about any school, not just Lewis. I don't believe its necessary to give out all this outside work when majority of our learning is in the classroom.

There is too many different things to brag about. The campus is great, the sport teams are outstanding, the teachers are really informational and know what they are doing. The campus is close to where I live and this makes Lewis the perfect university for me.

Candace

Everyone is always there to help out their classmates. Everyone is also friendly and easy to get along with.

I would better prepare myself for the work load to come, and start practicing better organization skills.

Someone who doesn't like to be involved that much, and who doesn't feel comfortable working with others or speaking with others.

christina

its small campus, friendly staff, and aviation program

its small campus, friendly staff, and aviation program

if i could go back to talk to myself as a high schools senior i would have a lot of positive advice about college life. i would tell myself to be organized and to learn how to properly manage my time. i would tell myself to work on managing my stress and i would tell myself to have a routine sceduale to go by that would help me complete my work on time. it also would be a good suggestion to complete some of my work ahead of time so that i dont get overwhelmed or stressed out. another thing to remeber is its always good to ask for help. just because you ask for help doesnt mean you are stupid it just means you care about your education and you are mature enought to know when you need help. its always good to ask for questions when you are unsure instead of just assuming things and it always is good to verify information with your teachers. college life is all about being responsible and learning about yourself as an individual. you have more freedom in college which is a postive thing that helps you adjust to being more independent.

the large amount of homework and studying that i have to do

I would tell my self to take college seriously. To take time out to enjoy my friends and family now. To be prepared to work hard because college is not the laid back party time your told it is. I would tell my self that anything is possible and if you belive you can succeed. I would also tell my self that you should listen to your parents and not try to gorw up to fast. When your in high school and going in to college you are always told these are the best days of your life stop and enjoy them you don't have to be an adult yet so top trying to be. At that time you really don't understand it and often try to grow up faster. Looking back at all my parents and teachers advice i would say listen to them. They know what they are talking about and all though you don't realize it now in a few short years you will and you don't want any regrets.

Someone who is focused and knows what they want to do they need to be hard working and dedicated. They need to know when is the time for work and when you really have to buckle down and work hard.

The professors tend to be more strict so you do not have as much freedom as you would at some colleges. Also I don't live on campu but I here that there is not much of a social world here.

Brenda

I got pregnant my freshman year in high school at age 14. I missed prom, I missed all the fun things that a teenager should enjoy. Instead of being a cheer leader, I was a mom, in school, and working. Life teaches us many lessons - I can't say that I would change anything. I don't condone teen pregnancy, but I am proud to say my daughter just completed her bachelors in engineering at University of IL and is pursuing a masters. Since my daughter is on her path, I thought to finish my journey and get my bachelors. . If I could talk to myself during my high school years (in order to prep for college), I would have encouraged myself to finish college when it was $26 a credit hour as opposed to $600 an hour now.

I brag about the prestige of Lewis University. It's similar to telling someone you drive a Mercedes. I say "I attend Lewis" and people are like '"WOW!".

A person who is not serious about their education should not attend Lewis. A person who is not open to new experiences should not attend Lewis.

Shannon

It's nursing and aviation programs, and for being a catholic and lasalian university.

It's small, only about 30-35 students per class.

Re-take the ACT and try and get a higher score. Apply for more scholorships. Don't pick a major right away. Don't worry about taking AP tests, because most of the credits earned for them don't transfer over or let you not take certain classes, so save your money and don't bother with them. Adopt better study habits!

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.